In today’s digital era, Gmail is one of the best communication platform developed by Google. Though it is error free email browser, issues like Gmail won’t load and Chrome keeps crashing can affect your device massively. When the problem appears on your device, it will not allow you to progress with the email session thereby creating a lot of difference. Moreover, this error can make the emailing procedure slow and sluggish. So, if you want to experience an error-free emailing with Gmail, then you have to troubleshoot the Gmail not working issue at the earliest. So, go through this article to fix this issue quickly.
Know the Apparent Reasons for Gmail Not Working Issue:
Before fixing this problem, you have to know about the main causes of this Gmail SMTP not working error. Let’s find why this error actually occurs and then continue with the solution part.
- One of the most common causes is missing messages. So, users can not access to their Gmail account.
- Sometimes 2-step verification can cause this issue.
- Also, Gmail can fail to sync for different causes. This syncing issue detects this problem.
- Forgot password is another reason for this issue.
Try Out the Effective Fixes to Resolve Gmail Not Working Issue:
Don’t panic after seeing this Gmail not working message on your screen, because fixing this issue is relatively simple. You can easily resolve this problem by some easy methods and you don’t even require any technical knowledge to perform this. So, we suggest that you should perform all the hacks one by one to get make your Gmail error-free.
Method 1: Preliminary Troubleshooting Steps
In some cases, a simple troubleshooting procedure might solve the irritating Gmail won’t load error. Let’s check these steps:
- First, reboot your system and check if it helps you to fix.
- Try to use a different browser to open Gmail.
- Next, remove Caches from your device and turn off all extensions.
- Now, reboot your browser to check if one of them is the main cause of Gmail not to load issue in Chrome.
- Be sure that you use the new version of Chrome. To do that, tap the gear icon and select Google Chrome to open a window. When you see the list of the version, check if an update is needed or not.
Method 2: Browse Incognito or in Private
After restarting your device, if you still face this problem just browse incognito. So, follow the instructions given below:
- Turn on your computer and locate Google Chrome. Then, open it.
- Now, tap on the Menu icon at the right-hand side of the screen.
- Then, tap on ‘New Incognito Window’ by clicking on it.
- Alternatively, press and hold Ctrl, Shift, and N at the same time to open an Incognito window.
- When a new window appears, look for the Incognito icon on the top corner section.
- Now, check if you can get access to Gmail or not. If not, go through the next method.
Method 3: Clear the Cache and Cookies
Hence, cleaning the caches and cookies from your device might help you fix this problem. You can clear all caches by performing these easy steps.
- First of all, switch on your device and tap on the Menu folder.
- Then, scroll down the list of menus and click on the ‘More’ option.
- Now, tap on the ‘More tools’ option and choose ‘Clear browsing data’.
- After that, select the Time range in the popup box. Then, tap on the ‘All time’ option to remove everything.
- Next, check if the ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ option are marked.
- Lastly, press ‘Select data’ and check the issue once.
Method 4: Check out the Browser Extensions or Applications
In some cases, add-ons or extensions can prevent Gmail from loading. The best thing is to disable them one by one and Gmail again. Check if the problem arises or not. Try to use Gmail incognito. Keep in mind that you disable these extensions or applications temporarily. Then, check the issue. If you do not fix the problem, head over the next method.
Method 5: Check Gmail Labs
Usually, you open Gmail by turning on labs. But the labs can cause this Gmail won’t load issue. So, you have to disable them one by one. Have a look at these steps:
- First of all, turn on Gmail and tap on the Settings section from the top right corner.
- Then, click on the Labs folder.
- After that, tap on the ‘Disable’ option to disable the labs.
- Now, select ‘Save changes’ from the bottom section of the page.
- Last, check if the problem persists or not.
Method 6: Check if Security Software is Blocking Gmail from Loading
Sometimes antivirus security can cause Gmail not working on android. So check if the Windows defender blocked or not. If yes, turn off it and try to load Gmail again. If the problem still arises, follow the next instructions below.
Method 7: Reset the Browser
You can fix the issue by resetting the browser. So, follow these easy steps:
- At first, open Chrome and tap on the ‘More’ option.
- Now, select ‘Settings’ and tap on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Last, tap on Reset option to complete the process.
This procedure helps to reset the default search engine back to the new tab page, the homepage, and tabs, content settings, Google, extensions, cookies, site data, and themes. This new changes on Settings can be applied on all devices.
Method 8: Flush Socket Pools
If the above methods are not working for this problem, go through the steps to get rid of the issue.
- Go to Google chrome and write down ‘chrome://net-internals’ in the URL bar.
- Next, hit the Export button and scroll down to sockets.
- Now, tap on the ‘Flush socket pools’ option.
- Lastly, try to load Gmail again. If the problem still appears, then follow the next hacks.
Method 9: Turn Off All Extensions
The last method that you can try out is disabling all extensions to fix the issue completely. So, you need to execute Chrome using disable extensions command. But it might not turn off all extensions. So, you need to disable them manually by following these steps mentioned below:
- At first, open Chrome and go to the User data folder.
- Then, tap on the ‘File preferences’ folder in the text editor.
- Now, scroll down to the line starting from the setting blocks.
- Each and every extension has to block itself in the settings block. So, modify their states from 1 to 0.
- Now, figure out the problem if it is resolved or not.
We hope that you will find this article helpful. If you still have any question regarding this Gmail not working issue, then it is best to opt for an expert’s help.