Fortnite voice chat not working is a common problem for most of the users. Sometimes, this annoying issue may happen if you have not selected the audio device correctly. If this happens to you, then it will be fixed by selecting the audio device. But, there might be some serious reasons which can create this problem. Such as if you have selected the wrong device or changes in the registry. The misconfiguration in the controller settings might create this type of situation.
If you are dealing with this kind of trouble, then this article is for you. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the methods that can help you to fix your problems with Fortnite voice chat.
Effective Solution on Fortnite Voice Chat not Working PC
Here, in this part of the article, we are going to provide some of the required solutions to fix the issue with Fortnite voice chat not working PC. Go through the upcoming part of the article to know the details.
Method 1: Choose the Proper Audio Device
There are various audio outputs on computers. If you have chosen the wrong audio device, then the problem may appear. If this is the problem, then you should go to the sound settings and choose the exact sound device. The following steps will help you to do so.
At first, you will need to open the Fortnite software and turn Off the Voice chat option from the system. You should also disable the “Push to talk” option.
After that, press the Win key + S button both at the same time from your keyboard. This will help you to open the Sound option or you can use the Start menu to open it. To do it at first, move your cursor to the bottom of the left side of your computer screen and click on it, then type “Sound” in the search bar. And, click on the Sound option from the appearing list of results.
Thereafter, click on the recording, then go to the audio device and right-click on the audio device that you are using. After that, set it as the default device and turn On it. Now, save all the changes. Now, restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 2: Change the Registry Entry
The problem might be fixed by changing the Registry entry of the system. Here, are the steps that can help you to fix the issue.
- At first, press the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box. And write down “regedit” in the appearing dialogue box. Then, hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- After that, go to the addresses which are followed by HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Epic Games
- After, finding the directories delete the addresses. Once you have done with the steps that we have mentioned in the above part of the article.
Now, restart your computer and try to open the Fortnite software and check if the problem is still occurring or not.
Method 3: Choose the Proper Console Mode
You can get rid of the issue with Fortnite voice chat not working PC 2018 by selecting the proper Console mode. Here, are the steps that can help you to do so.
- At first, you will need to open the Fortnite software and move on to the settings option. After that, click on the Controller tab to launch it.
- Then, choose the options which are followed by
Configuration: Quick builder
Controller Platform: PlayStation 4
After that, save all the changes. Then, restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 4: Reinstall the Fortnite
The problem might be fixed by reinstalling the Fortnite software. If the steps are unknown to you, then you can check the following part of the article.
- At first, you will need to open the Epic Games Launcher. Then, move on to the left side of your computer screen and click on the Library option.
- Then, right-click on the Gear button that you can find on the bottom of the right-hand side of your computer screen.
- After that, select the Uninstall button. And, then restart your computer.
Once completing all the steps from the above, now click on the Epic Games Launcher and download the software again.
Method 5: Install the Newest Version of Fortnite Patch
If none of the methods from the above part of the article help you to fix your problem with Fortnite software, then you should try to install the newest version of Fortnite Patch. The steps are followed by:
- At first, open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Then, click on the Library option which is located on the left side of your computer screen.
- Thereafter, click on the Gear button from the right-hand side of the screen and select the Fortnite option that you can find on the bottom of the right corner.
- After that, you will need to turn On the toggle which is located beside the Auto-update option.
Now, restart the Epic Games Launcher and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 6: Verify if the Microphone is on Fortnite
If you are still dealing with the same problem then, then you need to make sure that Fortnite has the permission to utilize the microphone. Go through the steps that are written below.
- At first, press the Win key + I button both at the same time from your keyboard this will help you to open the Window settings.
- After that, click on the Privacy option from the bottom of the right-hand corner of your computer screen.
- Thereafter, click on the Microphone option from the left pane of your computer screen. And check if the Microphone has access for this device and if it is turned On or not. If it is not, then turn On it. This might help you to fix the issue.
Through this article, we have tried to provide you all the possible methods that can help you to fix your problem with Fortnite voice chat not working issue. If you have any more queries regarding this issue, then you can comment in the feedback section.