Whenever there is a problem while booting or in the Boot configuration data, error code oxcoooooof windows 10 occurs. It generally occurs when Windows tends to read the Boot configuration data. An error message is displayed on the screen asking you to repair the PC with few suggested solutions. Therefore, it is necessary to remove the error as soon as possible, else it can cause some other errors which can damage the entire system.
If you are wondering how to fix error code oxcoooooof windows 10, go through this article thoroughly. Here, we are going to discuss all the effective solutions that will help you eliminate the error and make your system run smoothly.
How To Fix Error Code oxcoooooof Windows 10?
Method 1: Remove Connected Hardware
At times, a peripheral hardware device is responsible for error code 0xc000000f Windows 10 to occur. Therefore, it is essential to remove it in order to get rid of the problem. Try these steps:
- Remove all peripheral hardware devices except keyboard and mouse which are attached to your computer
- Remove any CD, USB, and DVDs from their respective ports.
- Restart your computer to check if the computer is starting normally
Method 2: Check Hard Drive
At first, insert the installation DVD into the drive and turn on your PC. Select Repair your computer after selecting the appropriate language, keyboard, etc.
Single out the Windows installation drive which is the ‘c: drive’ and click on Next. A System Recovery Options screen will appear. Now, launch Command Prompt using these options. Type the following command ‘chkdsk C: /f’ and hit the enter key.
Method 3: Repair Your Computer Using Setup Wizard
To do this, at first check which is the legitimate Bootable media in either of USB, Flash Drive or CD/DVD. Once you find it, try the steps that are given below:
- Insert the CD/DVD and click on the Language option to set time and currency format, and Keyboard input method from the respective dropdowns and press Next.
- Choose ‘Repair Your Computer’ from the Setup wizard.
- Now allow the tool to fix the issue and then start your PC to check whether the error persists or not.
Method 4: Rebuild Boot Configuration Data
Windows comes with a tool that helps to rebuild the BCD. Boot configuration data helps to control the startup process successfully after rebuilding it. Do the following:
- At first, insert the bootable CD/DVD/Pen Drive/USB which have Windows installation and start the PC.
- When the screen prompts for a key then press it to continue the booting process.
- Now, select the language, keyboard, time, currency and choose the Next option.
- Select the operating system that you want to repair and choose Next option.
- Once you enter the recovery environment, select Command Prompt.
- A black panel will appear, so type the command and press Enter.
- This will rebuild the Boot configuration data and send your PC back to the normal state.
Applying the above steps will help you remove the error successfully. In case, you face any trouble and confusion with the steps please do post comments below or follow us at Errorcode0x.