When you are trying to connect your device to the internet, then you often encounter the network connection error. Therefore, the online pages are not displayed on the screen and the screen comes up with the unexpected error message, “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED”. In case, this error message appears on the Android and Mac, then you need immediate fixing methods. Here, we are going to discuss the technical troubleshooting steps to tackle this internet connection error effectively.
Facing “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Android“ Issue? -Know the Significant Issues
There are lots of common technical error that create problems in a fair network connection. Let’s know the major problems for this severe issue that help you to identify the core factors behind this critical error.
- Faulty connection cable or damaged port causes the major network connection problem.
- Wrong Internet setup or the weak Wi-Di signal is one of the major reasons for the annoying message, “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED”.
- Proxy Server settings issue or strong firewall protection sometimes prevent to access the internet.
- The network connection problem in Android device occurs due to full of DND cache.
- LAN settings error is another significant issue behind the internet connection error.
Resolve the “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” Problem with Technical Ways
Some of the effective ways you can use to fix the “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” issue immediately are mentioned here. So, try out the methods below to overcome this technical hassle without wasting too much time.
Method 1: Verify Cable Connection
If you are using the wired connection. Then, make sure that the ethernet cable is working fine. If any defect is found, then replace it as soon as possible. Similarly, you must check the port that connects the LAN. If LAN is not detected by your device, then recheck it with another port. If it is working fine, then repair the damaged port immediately to fix the network connection error.
While using a wireless connection, check the router settings and check the Wi-Fi signal. If there is a fault, then try to contact the ISP for a technical fix.
Method 2: Modify Internet Settings
- Type “Control” in the search box and open the Control Panel window.
- After that, click on the ‘Network & Internet Settings’ option to launch the ‘Network and Internet Settings’ window.
- Now, click on the Change Adapter Settings from the left pane of the window.
- Choose the network connection that you are using and right-click on it.
- Select the Properties menu from the pop-up menu.
- From the Properties window, click on the Networking tab and enable the options entitled with IPV4 and IPV6 respectively.
- Click on the Properties tab and enter the DNS addresses in the DNS 1 and DNS 2 fields respectively.
- Now, click the Apply button and tap the OK button to confirm.
- Finally, hit the OK button and close the Network Settings window and connect the android device to the internet. Now, check whether the message “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Android” appears on the Android device or not.
Method 3: Clear Browser History
- Open the browser window by tapping the Browser icon.
- After that, click on the ‘Customize and Control’ button( three dotted icons) and choose the More Tools from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on the Clear Browsing Data from the sub-menu.
- It will represent lists of data which you have searched already along with the details.
- After that, choose the data which you want to remove and click on the Remove button.
- If you make the cache empty, then place a tick on the ‘All data check’ box and tap the Clear Data button to make the browser empty.
Method 4: Disable Firewall Protection
For Windows 8/8.1/10,
- Click the Start button and select the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- After that, choose ‘System & security’ from the list of multiple programs.
- Next, click on the Windows Firewall and go to that section from the window.
- Then, tap on the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option and move the slider to the OFF position.
- Now, select another option entitled with “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” option for each available network and confirm it by tapping the OK button.
- Close the Firewall Settings window and reconnect the PC to the internet connection to verify whether the error message, “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” appears on the screen or not.
If you are an Apple device user, then you might follow the steps below to overcome this annoying issue.
- Press the Command button and hold the Spacebar until the Spotlight Search box appears.
- Now, type “System Preferences” and hit the Enter key to launch the System Preferences application window.
- After that, go to the ‘Security & Privacy’ section by tapping on that specific option.
- Then, tap on the Firewall tab from the ‘Security & Privacy’ window.
- Choose the Turn Off Firewall option and disable the Firewall from your Mac device.
Method 5: Check Proxy Server Settings
On the Mac device,
- Go to the Network Settings window and open the System Preferences screen by trapping the System Preferences tab.
- After that, choose the Network tab from the resultant window and verify the Proxy Server settings.
- Next, go back to the Network screen and click on the Lock pad.
- Now, enter the Admin passcode and modify the options as per your requirements.
- After resetting the Proxy server successfully, close the ‘Network and Sharing’ window.
- Finally, launch the browser window and search for an item to check whether the connection issue got resolved or not.
For Windows users,
- Open the Internet Properties window and click on the Connection tab.
- Now, click on the LAN Settings tab and launch the LAN Settings window.
- Remove the tick from the checkbox says, “Automatically Detect Settings” and “Use Automatic Configure Script” respectively.
- When done, try to connect the Windows OS operated PC to the internet and verify whether the annoying message, “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” appears on the screen or not.
Method 6: Turn Off the Real-time Protection
- Click the Start button and choose “Update & Security” in the search box to launch the ‘Update and Security’ window.
- Now, tap on the Defender tab from the Security window and turn off the Real-Time Protection by moving the protection slider.
- Once done, try to access an online app and check whether the problem “Err_Internet_Disconnected” got fixed or not.
Method 7: Flush DNS Cache
In case of Windows 10, it is very easy to clean the DNS cache and it helps to enhance the device performance.
- Press the Windows key and type “cmd” in the search box to locate the Command Prompt.
- After that, right-click on the Command Prompt and choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Enter the correct Admin name and passcode to verify the Admin account.
- After opening the Command Prompt in Admin mode, type the command “ipconfig/flushdns” and run it by pressing the Enter key.
- It will start to run and make empty the DNS cache. Finally, restart the device and verify whether the connection error got fixed or not.
For a Mac device,
- Press and hold the Command and Spacebar from the keypad to open the Spotlight search box.
- Locate the Terminal app by typing “Terminal” in the search box.
- Now, type the command “sudo dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder” and run it by pressing the Enter key.
- Next, authenticate the account by entering the Admin ID and passcode to run the command again.
- It will take a couple of minutes to flush the DNS cache. When done, try to open an app and check whether the error message, “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Mac” appears on the screen or not.
Method 8: Reinstall the Network Adapter
- Type “devicemngr” in the search box and launch the Device Manager window by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, you can see the list of hardware devices that are installed and attached to your Windows device or Mac.
- Next, go to the Network Adapters category and expand the Network Adapters from that list.
- Then, select the Network Adapter and right-click on it.
- Choose Uninstall option from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen. When done, try to restart the device and check whether the “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” appears on the display or not.
Method 9: Check LAN Settings
- Type “Internet Options” in the search box and open the Internet Settings window.
- After that, click on the Connections tab from that window and click on the LAN Settings.
- Now, the LAN Settings window will come up with two different options “Automatically detect settings” and “Use a proxy server for your LAN”. Deselect them accordingly.
- Then, click the OK button and apply the new changes to modify the Automatic LAN Settings. It will fix the LAN detection problem effectively without any technical hassle.
- Finally, check whether the internet connection error still persists or not while you are connecting to the website.
In the above article, we have discussed the effective steps to overcome the unexpected error, “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED”. Moreover, we have tried to define the significant reasons behind this severe problem that helps you to identify the technical issue at the primary stage of the problem. Furthermore, you can enhance the device performance, as well as, increases the CPU cycle. So, we hope this content is helpful to resolve the connection error from all the Windows, Mac and Android devices.