Epson printers are one of the best printers that are used by people around the world. Most of the users prefer it because of its user-friendly interface and its amazing quality prints. But like all the electronic gadgets, Epson printer is also not free from errors. Epson printer driver error 1131 is one such error that is rare in occurrence. This particular issue occurs when the users try to update the device driver.
In case, you are also facing the same issue, then you have to fix it as soon as possible. Keeping that in mind here, in this article, we are going to discuss some awesome tricks that will help you to resolve the error. But you have to follow the steps exactly the same as stated in the next section.
Reasons Behind Epson Printer Driver Error 1131:
There are a number of causes that may arise the Epson printer driver error 1131. If you know the exact reason behind the issue, then solving it will be quite easier for you. So let’s start a brief discussion about the reasons:
- Epson printer driver error 1131 is basically caused by the wrong configuration of system files. It creates a number of registry errors in the operating system that you are using. So at that time, you have to repair the faulty registry key as soon as possible.
- This error also occurs when the installation of the new programs or softwares takes place without removing the old software. It leads the process an incomplete one and shows the error as well.
- If you are connected with a bad or weak network or Wifi, then it is quite possible that Epson printer driver error 1131 will get stuck on the screen and won’t allow you to work properly with the device.
- Apart from that, if your device is attacked by viruses, malware or spyware, then there is a high possibility of getting this error in your device.
Signs and Symptoms of Epson Printer Driver Error 1131:
When you face this issue with your device, there are some indications that restrict you from the proper working of the device. Have a deep look at some symptoms of this particular issue.
- Your device may freeze periodically for a few moments without any proper reason.
- An error message of “this device can not start” is shown on the screen of the device.
- Your Windows may run slowly and could not respond to the mouse or keyboard.
- Error code 1311 appears and crashes the recent program window.
How To Overcome Epson Printer Driver Error 1131:
It is recommended to execute the steps in the exact same manner as described in the section for avoiding time-consuming. Here in this section, we are going to illustrate some apparent fixes that will help you to troubleshoot the issue at the earliest possible.
Fix 1: Reinstall or Update Browser
Seldom an outdated browser can be the main reason for this Epson printer driver install error 1131. At that time, you have to uninstall the browser, else update the latest version of it. To do so, at first, turn on your device and then navigate to the Start icon. After that, tap on Control panel and navigate to the Programs option. Then, choose Programs and Features and move to the next option. Expand the list of the programs installed in your device. Choose your browser name and have a click on Uninstall option. Keep waiting for some time and then restart your device to check if the issue is still appearing or not.
If you dont want to uninstall the browser, then you can update the browser as well. Do the same process untill you see your browser’s name in the list. Now, click on that and select Update. Now, update the latest version and then refresh your device also.
Fix 2: Repair Windows System Files
In case, if the first method is not helpful for you, then you can proceed on with this one. The first thing you have to do is to tap on the Start button and then navigate to All Programs. Then, select Accessories and you will see a command prompt will open on the screen. Now, tap on “Run as administrator.” After that, choose the Yes option and continue the process. Have a click on the Command box and type sfc/scannow in the box. Now, hit the Enter key to allow the process. Keep waiting untill the SFC recovers the Windows System File. After completion, restart your device and check if the Epson printer driver error 1131 gets solved or not.
Fix 3: Execute System Checks
As an alternative method, this will surely help you to eliminate the error from your device. To do so, at first, you need to place the installation media on your device. After that, boot your system from the media. Now, select the language as per your choice and also choose the region. Now tap on “Repair your computer.” and select Troubleshoot. Navigate to the “Command prompt” and click on it. Now, you have to put the command that is mentioned below. Also, press the Enter button after putting each command.
“sfc /scannow; chkdsk c: /f /r; bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /scanos, bootrec /rebuildbcd”
Now, you have to wait for some time while the scan takes place. Exit from the Command Prompt after completing the process. Finally, restart your device and check if Epson printer driver error 1131 gets resolved or still showing up.
Hopefully, by reading the article carefully you can surely get rid of the error code at an instant. But if you find any difficulties regarding Epson printer driver error 1131, then never think twice to come in contact with a professional as they will help you to get rid of this error instantly and that too without any hurdles.