Epson error code 0x97 is essentially a warning which indicates some malfunction with the internal hardware, mostly due to a faulty motherboard component.
Moreover, if other interior hardware component fails, then you might also notice Epson printer error code 0x97.
Thereby, all the standard functions of the printer come to a sudden pause, hampering a seamless workflow. In most cases, the hardware may require a quick replacement. But, if the problem isn’t that grave, you can try out to troubleshoot error code 0x97.
Error 0x97 may occur on Epson printer models: Epson XP-830, WF-3620, WF-7620, WF-5620, WF-4630, WF-3640 and WF-7610.
How to Fix Epson XP-830 error code 0x97
Below discussed are some of the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to fix Epson error code 0x97.
Fix 1: Unplug the Printer and then Plug it Again
Check the primary connection to avoid any possible man-made mistakes. Follow the successive steps mentioned below in order to resolve the Epson error code 0x97 entirely.
- At first, detach all the connected cables and then, disconnect the USB drivers.
- After that, remove the printer cartridges.
- Now, cast down the power to release all the remaining power in the printer.
- Thereafter, plug in all the cables and the USB peripherals and then reinstall the printer ink cartridges.
- Then, turn on the power button to release any remaining current left in your printer and check whether the error message reappears or not.
Fix 2: Clean the Printer Using Wet Tissue
To fix Epson printer error code 0x97, clean the printer with the help of the wet tissues. For that, go through the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, make your Epson printer turn off and open the printer casing carefully.
- After that, use a tissue and warm water to damp it.
- Now, clean the internal components of your Epson printer mainly the mechanic pad and the other sensitive areas.
- Thereafter, remove the tissue and wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Then, turn on the power button of your Epson printer.
Fix 3: Reboot your Printer
To fix Epson error 0x97, you need to reboot your printer. Here are the steps that you need to perform to restart the Epson printer.
- At first, make your printer turn off and then, just unplug it.
- After that, detach all the cables and USB and then, wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Now, press and hold the power button for at least 1 minute.
- Then, connect the power cable to the power outlet. Now, hold the power button for at least 1 minute.
- Lastly, free the power button and check whether you get this error message again or not.
Fix 4: Clean Clogged Epson Printer Nozzles
To clean the clogged Epson Printer Nozzles, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, turned the printer off and then unplug it from the power supply.
- After that, open the printer casing.
- Now, take a section of the paper towel and fold it up to fit below the printer head.
- Thereafter, damp it with the help of the cleaning fluid which has some ammonia.
- After that, put the soaked paper towels in the middle of the track where the printer head moves.
- Then, put the print head to the center so that the ammonia-soaked tissue is under it and place it for at least 12 hours.
Fix 5: Clean Mechanic Pad
To fix Epson printer error 0x97 issue, you need to clean the Mechanic Pad and for that follow these steps accordingly.
- At first, turned the printer off and then, just unplug it.
- After that, remove the printer cover and casing.
- Now, damp a tissue with the help of warm water and wipe the cleaning pad. Then, leave the tissue on the pad for at least 15 minutes.
- Now, remove the tissue and wait until it dried completely.
- In the end, plugin and turn on your printer. Hopefully, your problem will be solved now.
Hopefully, applying the above solutions appropriately might help you to fix the Epson error code 0x97 without any hassle.
Additional Methods: Epson 0x97 Fix Patch
Downloading the 0x97 Fix patch can also resolve this issue. For that, follow the steps below.
- First, Download (0x97) Fix Patch.
- Now, click on the ‘Scan’ button to run it.
- Finally, click on ‘Fix.’
This final procedure to fix error 0x97 can troubleshoot the issue entirely.
Now, you can resume all your standard functions of the printer. With these effective steps, you can easily resolve the 0x97 error and maintain the previous seamless workflow.