Epson users receive an error notification saying “Epson cannot communicate with scanner” and can’t figure out how to resolve it.
Therefore, through this article, we will walk you through some of the most important fixes that will resolve the error with ease. Besides, we will be discussing the different the various culprits that can cause this error in your Epson printer. Hence, we recommend you to have a look right below.
Epson l210 Cannot Communicate With Scanner: Some Apparent Reasons
Before you start off with the solutions, we suggest you know the different factors that can influence such an error in your Epson printer. Besides, it will be easier for you to fix the issue if you are already aware of the various reasons for it. For that, we have put together some of the most probable reasons that can cause the Epson scanner communication error in this article. So, you can find them all right below:
- The very first reason for this error includes the poor wireless connection.
- The second probable reason for this issue can be the faulty USB cable.
- Besides, the outdated version of your scanner drivers can lead to this error.
- Apart from that, you can get the Epson scanner communication error when you disable the scanner-related service in your device.
- Also, if you do not connect the scanner properly to the Ethernet or WiFi, this problem will arise.
- Another probable reason includes the incorrect installation of the Scanner Driver.
- Last but not least, when there is a lack of power in the scanner, you will experience the same error.
Epson Cannot Communicate With Scanner: Easy Troubleshooting Measures
Now that you know the various factors that can influence communication error with the scanner in your Epson printer, you can move to the solutions. Though there are multiple troubleshooting steps for this issue, not all of the results to be equally helpful. Thus, though this article, we have managed to put together some of the most accurate fixes that are already proved working for many Epson printer users. For that, you can read below.
Method 1: Run Scanner Software Through The Administrative Privileges
This is the very first method that you can try to get rid of the Epson communication failure with the scanner. Running the scanner software with the help of administrative privileges can help you to resolve the error. There are some applications which require administrative privilege to operate. Thus, you should have a look at the applications settings and turn on the administrative privileges in order to run the scanner software. For that, you can follow the complete instructions right below.
- To start off with the process, you need to right-click on the Epson Scan option.
- Then, you can move to the Properties section.
- Next, you have to click on the Compatibility option. Following that, you can select the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- Apart from that, you can also run the application with the help of compatibility mode.
- Now, you need to click on the Apply button to retain all the changes you have made so far.
- Then, you will require to Power off the scanner facility. Also, you need to remove the USB. This will disconnect your device from the network.
- Now, you have to wait for a moment and then you can check if this helps in resolving the error.
Method 2: Fix The Wireless Connection
Besides, this is another method that you should try to fix the Epson scanner communication error. If there is a wireless connection error in your device, then, you will get to see this error. So, to get rid of this issue, first, you have to make sure that there is no issue with the wireless connection you are using.
Besides, the Epson application will not operate correctly if there is any network issue with it. So, to get rid of this problem, you can follow some simple steps mentioned below.
- To begin with the process, you need to go to the Epson Scan Settings. Then, you can move to the application through a shortcut. Also, you can search for it with the help of Windows search.
- Now, in the Scan settings, you need to click on the Add button. You can find it when you select the Network Scanner Address. Here, you have to make sure that you click on the correct scanner. You can select the correct option on the top of your screen.
- Now, in the next step, you will require to locate the Command Prompt. Here, in the Command Prompt, you have to type in the following command cmd. Then, you need to enter the application.
- After that, you have to move to the Command Prompt and type in the following command ipconfig. Next, you have to copy the same in the Default Gateway.
- Along with that, you have to go to the Default Gateway using your browser. Also, you need to get access to your router here. Besides, note that the router you are using currently may vary from that of the other routers.
- After you log in to your account, you will be able to see a complete list of all the devices that are connected to the same network.
- Now, you will find out the IP Address of your scanner. Here, your IP Address will be “192.168.0.195”.
- Then, you have to type in that IP Address in your browser. With this, you can go to the Properties section of your scanner.
- After that, you can go back to the Scanner application again. Then, you will require to type in the address of the scanner. Then, you can proceed with the Apply button.
- Now, you will be able to use the scan utility in your Epson device. Also, you can tap on the Test button to check the connection.
Method 3: Use Shorter USB Cable
Apart from that, this is another method that will help you to fix the error. At times, it happens that the longer USB cable can lead to a poor connection between the scanner and that of the computer. So, to avoid this, you can use a shorter USB cable. Also, when you relocate the two devices, you have to make sure that the USB cable is located in the correct way.
Method 4: Restart The Shell Hardware Detection
Also, it is really important that you check your Shell Hardware Detection. With the help of Shell Hardware Detection to get all the notifications for the hardware events. Therefore, this is considered to be the most important tool for the for detecting when you plug other hardware in your system.
So, using this tool, you can detect scanners, printers, and other removable storage devices. Basically, there is an issue with this tool, you get the “Epson cannot communicate with scanner” error notification in your device. Hence, to get rid of this, you can follow the instructions right below.
- To start with the process, you will require to press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously.
- Next, you will get a dialogue box where you have to type in the following command “services.msc”. Then, you can proceed with the Enter button.
- Now, you have to look for the service Shell Hardware Detection option.
- Then, you can right-click on that option and move to the Properties section.
- After that, you have to ensure that you set the Startup type as Automatic.
- Then, you can skip this window and then click the Restart button.
- Next, you need to disconnect your scanner with the computer device and wait for a moment.
- Then, you can check if this helps in resolving the error.
Method 5: Turn Off The Password Protected Sharing
This is another significant method that you should try to avoid the “Epson cannot communicate with scanner” issue. Password protected sharing helps you by making sure that all the files and data that you share from using an internet network is secure. So, by turning this feature on, you can save files from the intruders. Also, when a person tries to get into your data, it asks for your permission.
Thus, you can protect all your important files and data by setting a password. Moreover, at times, it happens that some users find difficulties when they try to connect to the scanner because of this mechanism. So, to avoid this, we recommend you to disable this particular feature for a while and check if this helps you in resolving the error. For that, you can follow some simple instructions right below.
- To start off with the process, you need to press the Windows key and the S simultaneously.
- Then, you can move to the Advanced Sharing section.
- Next, you will get to see a dialogue box appearing on the screen.
- Here, you need to enter the application.
- After that, you need to select the Private option. Then, you can proceed with the Check option.
- Now, you have to choose the Turn on file and printer sharing option. Also, you have to repeat the same for the Guest or Public network.
- After that, you need to tap on the All Networks option and disable the password protected sharing option from here. For that, select the Turn off password protected sharing option.
- Finally, you have to click on the Save Changes option so that you can retain all the changes you made. Then, you can check if you are still getting the same “Epson cannot communicate with scanner” error notification appearing on the screen.
Method 6: Changing From LPT1 To USB001 Virtual Printer Port
The Line Print Terminals are considered to be the conventional methods of connecting printer device as well as the scanner to the computer. Moreover, at present, most of the devices have converted from the LPT to the USB. Therefore, we recommend you to do the same and see if this helps to resolve the error. For that, you can follow some simple steps right below.
- To begin with the process, you will require to press the Windows key and the R key at the same time. This will bring a Control Panel.
- Now, in the Control Panel, you need to tap on the Large icons option.
- Then, you can click on the Device and printers option.
- Moving on to the next step, you will require to right click on the Printer option. Then, you can move to the Properties section.
- After that, you have to select the Ports option and alter this from LPT1 to USB001.
- Then, you can disconnect the scanner from your computer device.
- Next, you have to wait for a moment before you plug the scanner back to the device and then you can see if the error still occurs.
Method 7: Reset Windows Image Acquisition
Apart from that, resetting Windows image acquisition can also help you to resolve the Epson scanner communication error. Since the image acquisition is associated with the scanning process of your Epson device, you need to make sure that it is free from any kind of glitches. Moreover, you can reset the image acquisition process to see if this fixes the error. You can get the instructions right below.
- First, you need to press the Windows key and the R simultaneously. This will take you to a dialogue box.
- Then, you can type in the following command “services.msc” in the dialogue box and proceed with the Enter option.
- Here, in the services section, you need to look for the “Windows Image Acquisition” option.
- Next, you have to right click on that and move to the Restart button.
- Finally, you can unplug the scanner with the help of your computer.
- Then, you have to wait for a moment and then you can plug it back again.
- Now, you can check if the error still occurs.
However, these are some of the most important fixes for the “Epson cannot communicate with scanner”. So, to get rid of the error completely, we recommend you to implement all of these solutions.