Dell is one of the most familiar brands known for its innovative designs and great features. But it doesn’t mean that a Dell touchscreen is glitch free. There might be some issues with the device and among them Dell laptop touchscreen not working is quite common. This issue generally happens due to some software issues or a faulty screen driver. In most of the cases, Dell laptop touch screen problem happens right after upgrading the OS. So, if you are dealing with this annoying issue and looking for a permanent solution, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will explore all the probable causes and top-notched solutions to fix this issue. Therefore, we recommend you to stick on this article and overcome this issue, as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for Dell laptop Touchscreen Not Working
There are multiple causes for Dell laptop touch screen not working windows 10. This problem basically happens due to an incompatible driver pre-installed on your device or due to a faulty display driver. Sometimes, this error is caused due to upgradation of OS to the recent version. In the next section, we will explore all the prime hacks to resolve this issue, as soon as possible.
Top-Notched Solutions to Fix Dell laptop touchscreen Not working Error
We have prepared all the possible hacks and recommend you to go through all the methods, to resolve this issue permanently.
Method 1: Run Windows Troubleshooting Tool
A Windows troubleshooting tool is the most basic way to fix the Dell touchscreen’s issue. Here are some steps to run a Windows troubleshooting tool:
- Open your Dell laptop and start a system search for ‘Troubleshooting tool’.
- Select the relevant result from the menu and once the new Window opens, click on ‘View All’, from the left-hand menu.
- Follow the on-screen menu and click on ‘Hardware and Devices’, to run the Windows Wizard.
- Once the tool detects the issues automatically, strike a click on all to repair them.
Restart your Dell laptop and check whether the issue persists or not. If the error still continues, try the next method.
Method 2: Disable and Re-enable the laptop’s Touchscreen Settings
Turning the touchscreen off and then, back on again. This is the easiest way to escape from this issue. Following are some steps given under to do so.
- Close all the tabs and press Ctrl+X at the same time, on your keyboard, to choose the Device Manager.
- Once a new tab opens, hit a click double-click on ‘Human Interface Devices’, to open the drop-down menu.
- Right-click on ‘HID-compliant touch screen’ and click on ‘Yes’ to disable this feature temporarily.
- Now, proceed through the same steps to enable this feature again.
Once done, restart your computer and verify whether the issue is gone. If the error still continues, try another method below.
Method 3: Try Changing Power Management Settings
Sometimes, by mistake, the Windows settings can result in abrupt turning off the touchscreen’s Power Management, after a period of time. Therefore, you need to change the power settings to its former state, to escape from the touchscreen error.
- To begin with this method, first press Windows+X key, at the same time on your keyboard, to open Device Manager.
- Now, double-click the ‘Human Interfaces Devices’ option, from the sub-menu.
- Again, double-click on the ‘HID-Compliant touch screen’ to switch to the Power Management tab.
- Untick on ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device’, to change the settings and then, click OK to apply the changes.
Once you are done with these steps, restart your Dell laptop and check whether the issue persists or not. If the error still continues, go for the next method.
Method 4: Update the Drivers
The driver communicates with your laptop’s processor and helps your hardware to run without any glitch. A faulty driver or a corrupted driver results in touchscreen malfunctions. Follow the steps given below to update the touchscreen drivers.
- Press Ctrl+X key, at the same time from your keyboard, to open Device Manager.
- Now, right-click on the ‘HID-compliant touch screen’ option and select ‘Update driver’ from the right-bottom side of the window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and download the ‘.exe file’ on your laptop and install the program.
- Run the program file manually and restart the computer.
These are all the possible solutions that you can try to resolve this issue. Hope this article was beneficial enough to assist you on how to fix Dell Laptop Touchscreen not working issue in Windows 10. In case, the Touchscreen not working in Dell laptop continues then there might be an issue with the hardware. In that case, you have to go for a complete replacement. Lastly, you can leave a comment below, to let us know about your experience.