Despite being one of the best laptops, Dell devices are not free from technical glitches. Dell laptop sleep mode problem Windows 10 is one of the most reported problems. This problem mainly appears when you are trying to access Sleep Mode, but, the system shutdowns instead and fails to restart. If you are dealing with this kind of issue then, this guide is for you. Keep reading this article to get rid of the issue.
Efficient Solution to Fix the Dell Laptop Sleep Mode Problem
Here, we are going to discuss some of the efficient solutions that can help you to fix the issue associated with Dell laptop sleep mode problem. Go through the methods which are mentioned in the following part of the article.
Solution 1: Use the Display Properties
You can get rid of the situation through the Display Properties option. Here are the steps that can help you to fix the issue.
At first, you need to open the Dell Support page. While opening the page, click on the Resources section to get the link. After that, click on the “Operating System” option.
After that, go to the “+Bios” and click on the “+” symbol and then, you have to click on the “Download” option to save it. Now, access the downloaded file on the system. After that, restart your Dell laptop by clicking on the Power button from the bottom left corner of the screen. At the time of the installation procedure, you need to check the “Power-saving” specification of the system.
After that, check the Power Saving feature that you have rebooted. Then, right click on the laptop screen and click on the “Display Properties” option. After that, select the Properties option and then, go to the Settings tab.
After that, verify if the Display message “Plug and Play Monitor on” appears. If it does not appear then, move on to the “Device Manager”. After that, click on the “X” option which is located at the top of the right side corner of the “Display Properties” menu. And, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Install the Latest Software And Check the Configuration
To do it, at first, you need to check the “Sleep” Mode function and follow the steps written below to resolve your problem with Dell laptop sleep mode problem Windows 7.
- At first, you have to open the Keyboard control panel. To do it, try the under mentioned steps.
- If you are Windows Vista or Windows 7 user then, click on the Start button and then, you have to type ‘keyboard’ in the Search box. Then, click on Keyboard option or it might be notified as the Microsoft Keyboard in the Programs list.
- If you are Windows XP or the earlier versions users then, click on the Start button. Then, go to the Run option. Now, type ‘Control keyboard’ to launch the Control Panel option. After that, click OK.
- At the next step, go to the Key Settings tab. Then, double-click on the key which you need to change. This will help you to access the ‘Reassign a Key’ wizard.
- Then, click on the Start and then Program. Go to the Web page or you can also click on the file option. After that, click on the Next option.
- Type the following commands that will help you to enable this key to start the Sleep mode: ‘rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState’. Lastly, check if the problem persists or not.
Solution 3: Use the Standard Keys from the Keyboard
If the steps, which are mentioned in the earlier part, did not help you to fix the issue. Then, try one of these methods to get rid of the situation.
- You can use the Sleep keyboard shortcut to get rid of the issue.
- Pressing the standard key from the keyboard is the other option that can help you to fix the problem.
- You should move the mouse. This might be helpful for you.
- To resolve the problem, press the Power button repeatedly. This will help you to fix the problem.
Solution 4: Check the Device
You should check if the device is allowed to wake up during the process or not. The steps which are mentioned in the upcoming part might be helpful for you to resolve the issue.
- At first, you need to open the Keyboard Control Panel item, as we mentioned in the solution 2.
- Then, click on the Hardware tab, and then go to the Properties option.
- After that, select the Change Settings option.
- After completing the steps which are mentioned in the earlier part then, you have to click on the Power Management tab, and then, you need to check if the ‘Allow this device to wake the computer’ is enabled or not.
- Now, click on the OK button and then, click on OK.
Solution 5: Verify the Power Settings
If you are in a problem with Dell laptop Inspiron sleep mode then, the steps which are mentioned in the undergoing part of the article might be helpful for you.
- To do it at first, press the Windows key and R key both at the same time from the keyboard.
- After that, you need to type “ms-settings: power sleep” and press the Enter button from the keyboard. This will help you to open the Power and Sleep tab from the Settings option.
- While opening the Power and Sleep tab you need to scroll down and then, click on the “Additional power settings” which is located under the “Related settings” option
- Now, go to the Power Options and click on the left-hand pane. After that, click on the “Choose what the power buttons do”.
- Then, go to the System Settings screen and modify the form of “When I press the power button” to the “Sleep”. To do it, you can use the drop-down menu. Then, repeat the same procedure with “When I press the sleep button” and with “When I close the lid”.
- After that, click on the Save Changes option, to store the settings.
- Check if the problem is resolved or not by using the method.
Solution 6: Run the Windows Power-Troubleshooter
If you fail to work out all the previously discussed steps, then this method can help you to get rid of the situation. You should try to run the Windows Power-Troubleshooter to fix the issue. To do it, follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, you have to press the Windows key and R button from the keyboard. This will help you to launch the Run dialog box. After that, type “ms-settings: troubleshoot” on the appearing dialog box and then, press the Enter. Click on the Troubleshoot tab from the “Windows Settings App”.
- After that, click on Power option from the Troubleshoot tab. Then, you have to select “Run the troubleshooter” option.
- Now, wait for a few minutes until the investigation is finished. If the Power Troubleshooter finds out the problem then, click on the “Apply this fix” option and again wait a few minutes to repair the issue.
- While completing the repairing procedure close the “Power-Troubleshooter” option and reboot the laptop.
Solution 7: Install the Latest Version of Intel Management Engine Interface
Here is another method that might help you to fix the Dell laptop sleep mode problem. Check out the steps mentioned below to install the latest version of the IMEI.
- To do it at first, press the Windows key and R button together from the keyboard, this will help you to open the Run dialog box. After that, you need to type “devmgmt.msc” and then, press the Enter button to launch the Device Manager option.
- After that, click on the drop-down menu which is connected with the System devices. Then, right-click on Intel Management Engine Interface and click on Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab, which is located in the “Intel Management Engine Interface Properties”. Then, verify the driver version. If the Driver version is 11.0.X or older than that then, this might lead to the issue.
- After that, you have to click on the Uninstall Device option and wait for a few minutes to uninstall the driver. Then, reboot the system. This will help you to give permission to the system to remove the unnecessary components that are related to the IMEI driver.
- Then, you need to open your preferred browser and visit its official link. After that, you need to download the latest version of the Intel Management Engine Driver.
- Completing the downloading procedure, now, open the executable and then, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your laptop.
- Finishing the installation procedure, it is time to reboot the computer manually or you can also use the automatic method, for the booting purpose.
After completing all the previously mentioned steps, check if the problem with Dell laptop Inspiron sleep mode is resolved or not.
Hope, this article has helped you to fix the issue with Dell laptop sleep mode problem Windows 10. If you need more information related to your Dell laptop then, you can visit our official website or contact Dell Service Center. Here you will get more information and articles related to various glitches.