Basically, Dell laptop fingerprint is necessary to secure your laptop from unknown access. It also helps you to log into your account conveniently by attaching your fingerprint. Generally, the fingerprint reader is a built-in biometric device. In addition, the fingerprint reader helps to prevent your Dell laptop from security risk. It also checks Windows Hello and scans the fingerprint. But some users have encountered many annoying issues with it. Fingerprint reader not detected in Dell laptop is one of them. So do not worry, you can easily deal with it by fixing Dell laptop fingerprint reader error. So let’s have a depth look at some of the common symptoms and effective solutions of this issue.
Know the Common Symptoms of Dell Laptop Finger Print Reader Error:
Here are some possible symptoms to figure out the Dell laptop fingerprint reader issue.
- The fingerprint reader blocked.
- Dell laptop fingerprint reader setup is not properly working.
- The fingerprint scanner does not operate.
- Window Hello does not exist on this device.
- The fingerprint option becomes greyed out.
- The PIN is not working or missing.
Effective Solutions to Resolve Dell Laptop Fingerprint Reader Issue:
Below are some effective solutions which you can take it to resolve the fingerprint reader not deleted Dell laptop issue. Try to figure out the cause and then apply the following methods properly:
Solution 1: Roll back the Drivers/Use Default Drivers
At first, you have to install previously installed Dell laptop fingerprint reader driver and roll back the drivers. So take a look below to know how to do it:
- First, go to the Device manager and allocate the fingerprint driver.
- Then, tap on the fingerprint driver folder to see its properties folder.
- Now, press ‘Roll back driver’.
Also, you can use the default drivers which is inbuilt with your laptop. To use the default drives, try to follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to the Device Manager.
- Next, look for the fingerprint scanner driver there and right click on it.
- After that, select the ‘Uninstall device’ option.
- Now figure out the ‘Delete driver software’ section and tap on ‘Uninstall’.
Solution 2: Update your Drivers
You can fix this issue by updating the drivers. It is the easiest and effective hack to fix this error.
- First, go to the Run box and type devmgmt.msc.
- Find the drivers that need an update.
- Right-click on such drivers and update it.
Solution 3: Switch to a Local Account / Create a New Account
The best thing is that you try to switch to a local account. If it does not work, you may create a new account. So, here are some steps to switch to a local account:
- First, open the Settings folder and tap on the ‘Account’ icon.
- Then, open your account and tap on ‘Sign in with a local account instead’
- Type your account name and password and then tap on ‘Next’.
- At last, select ‘Sign out and finish’.
Additionally, you can create a new account. To do that, set up a fingerprint scanner and then remove the new account. Then, turn back to the old one.
Solution 4: Prevent your PC from Disabling USB Devices
If you are going to use a USB fingerprint reader, you can fix this issue by restricting your PC from disabling USB devices. This is relatively easy and you can try to head over to these steps:
- At first, go to the Device Manager and tap on the ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ section.
- Then, double click on the ‘USB Root Hub’ section.
- Next, go to the Power Management section by clicking on it.
- Now, do not mark the ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device’ section to save power.
- After that, hit the OK button to make the changes.
- Again, apply the above steps for all USB devices which you use on your PC.
After applying this method, if still the issue persists, try to repeat the same steps to prevent your PC from disabling USB devices.
Solution 5: Update Dell Support Assistant
If the problem comes from Dell support assistant application, then update this application first. By running this application, you can do it simply. First, you select the update option or you can download it from the website. After completing the process, reboot your laptop. After that, check the issue once, if it is resolved. If not, then go to the next method below. Also, remember one thing that it works when you are using the Dell device.
Solution 6: Uninstall Fingerprint Software
For users, if the problem still occurs, then you can fix the fingerprint reader says unavailable Dell laptop issue by uninstalling fingerprint software. Now take a look below.
- First of all, go to the Settings app by pressing Windows key and I key at the same time.
- Then, go to the App option.
- Now, allocate the fingerprint software from the menu and choose it.
- Next, tap on the Uninstall section.
- Lastly, try to follow the instructions on the appearing screen to finish the process.
After processing this solution, do not forget to reboot the system.
Solution 7: Delete Fingerprints and Update Fingerprint Driver
To fix the issue, you can delete fingerprint and update fingerprint driver also. So have a look below:
- First, go to the Settings app and operate to the Account folder.
- Then, choose sign in option from the list and go to the Windows hello tab from the right side.
- Now, tap on the Remove button below the Fingerprint section.
After completing these steps, you should delete the fingerprint driver and then download the latest driver. At last, you have to register two new accounts. To do so, try to apply the following steps:
- First of all, open the Settings app and then click on the Accounts option.
- After that, go to the Sign-in section by clicking it.
- Be sure that you use a pin set up. If you have not, set up Pin immediately.
- Next, open the Windows hello folder from the right-hand side and tap on a Setup option.
- See the instructions on the window screen and make your fingerprint.
- After attaching your fingerprint, open again Windows hello folder and press another button section.
- Now, follow all the instructions to put another fingerprint.
Finally, check the issue properly. If Dell laptop fingerprint reader issue is there, then go to the next procedure to fix it.
Solution 8: Remove and Recreate your PIN
If your PIN is the main reason which is causing this issue, then you need to remove and create a new PIN again. Try to follow these steps:
- At first, go to the Settings menu and open Account section
- Then, click on the Singin section and select Remove option from there to confirm.
- Now, write down your password and tap on OK.
In addition, you have to put your PIN and you can do it by these steps:
- Again, open the Sign-in section and tap on Add button from the list.
- Type your password and tap on Sign in option.
- In two different input fields, put the desired PIN and press OK.
Hope that the problem might be resolved and you are able to operate your fingerprint again.
Solution 9: Update your BIOS
As your laptop may set to attempt for booting with other devices, Dell laptop not booting issue arises. So, you have to update or reset BIOS to default. Here is a way to do that:
- At first, reboot your laptop. When you get the Dell logo on the screen, tap on the F12 key again and again until you see the Entering Setup label on the right corner of the appeared screen.
- After that, tap on the option to reboot the default settings. You have to tap on a key which is listed at the bottom of the screen to carry the default settings.
- If the problem can not fix by resetting the BIOS, then you can update BIOS accordingly.
- Then, tap on the ESC to leave the BIOS screen and make sure to click the Save and Exit option to save your current changes.
If you still encounter a problem in Dell laptop fingerprint reader set up, then go to the next method.
Solution 10: Use a different Fingerprint Reader
You fix the fingerprint reader issue by using another fingerprint reader. In most of the cases, the fingerprint reader is not suitable enough with the hardware configuration of your laptop. Then the problem arises. So, you have to use another compatible fingerprint reader, so that you can easily get rid of this issue.
Method 11: Uninstall the Problematic Drivers
To uninstall the problematic drivers, go to the steps below:
- First, go to Device manager and see the driver status.
- If there is a yellow sign beside a driver, then uninstall it first. Yellow mark means this driver is damaged. Just follow these steps to uninstall such drivers.
- So, go to the Run box and write down devmgmt.msc there. Hit the OK button. Look for the corrupted drivers by developing this category.
- Then, click on this particular driver and select Uninstall. Apply the same steps with all drivers with a yellow sign and restart the system.
Hopefully, by going through the methods mentioned above, you will be easily able to overcome this error. After applying all of the above methods, if you do not solve Dell laptop fingerprint reader issue, leave a comment below. We will solve out then and provide the most appropriate solutions for this issue.