If Dell laptop camera not working error occurs since Windows 10 upgrade then, this issue possibly caused by the driver’s conflicts or a faulty driver. A couple of users have been complaining about the same issue. Therefore, after going through their reports and we have tried to provide flawless hacks for resolving this problem.
Such kind of issue appears after prolonged use of the laptop or may even occur for a first-time user the Dell device. Trying to launch the Camera in the webcam application will show a black output with a crossed out camera icon. By extension, no camera app will work. This is where this article proves to be helpful enough.
How to Resolve Dell Laptop Webcam not working?
Here, in this section of the article, we have provides all the possible fixes for this camera not working on Dell laptop issue that will help you to fix this glitch.
Fix #1: Update the Device Drivers
Most of the time, outdated or old device drivers are the main cause behind the Dell laptop camera not working Windows 10 issue. Thus, you need to make sure that the device drivers are updated. If not then, you have to update it as soon as possible. To do this process, you need to follow the below instructions:
- Firstly, go to the Start icon and then, look for the Device Manager.
- Now, select the top result from the list in order to open the window.
- Now, in the Device Manager, just expand the category with the hardware, that you required to update.
- Once you are done, simply right-click on that device and hit the Update Driver button.
- Next, you have to look for the ‘Search Automatically For Updated Driver software’ button.
- Once you find this button, simply click on it.
- If updates are available, then you can press the Install Update button.
- Now, wait for a while, until the process is complete.
- Finally, reboot your device and check if the issue resolves.
Fix #2: Reinstall Device Drivers
After updating the device drivers, if the issue still persists then, it is advised to reinstall the device drivers. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Primarily, click on the Start icon and then, go to the Search box.
- Now, in the Search box on the taskbar, simply type ‘Device Manager’.
- Then, select it from the result list.
- Here, right-click on that device and locate the Uninstall button.
- After that, simply restart the system.
- Now, Windows will start to reinstall the device drivers.
Fix #3: Update BIOS
Outdated BIOS can also lead you to the Dell laptop camera not working issue. Therefore, to fix such kind of issue, you have to update the BIOS.
To do that, you need to go to the settings, first. Then, in the Settings, you need to look for and select the ‘Update & Security’ option. Now, click on the Recovery button that is on the left menu. Once you are done, simply hit the Restart Now button, that is under the Advanced Startup. Here, you have to locate the Troubleshoot button. Once you find this button, just click on it and navigate to the Advanced Options. Next, choose the UEFI Firmware Settings. When done, just press the Restart button in order to refresh your device.
Fix #4: Install the Latest Windows Updates
Furthermore, we recommend you to check for the Windows Update. If you must have unknowingly unchecked the Automatic Updates button. Thus, you might be waiting for the latest updates and for these instances, you face Dell laptop camera not working Windows 10 error. Thus, if you want to install all the pending Windows updates then, you have to go to the Start button and navigate to the Settings. There, you have to locate the ‘Update & Security’ button. Once you locate this button, just click on that option and press the Windows Update. Now, tap on the ‘Check For Updates’ button. If there are any pending updates or available updates, then select the Install Updates option. Once you perform this action, just reboot your device. After this, all the pending Windows updates will get installed on the device.
Fix #5: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
Sometimes, running the Hardware Troubleshooter might solve the Dell laptop camera not working issue. So, if you want to perform this process, then you can follow these steps:
- First of all, press the Windows logo key and W function keys
- Now, the Search box will launch.
- Here, you have to type “troubleshoot” and hit the Enter key.
- Now, select the ‘Hardware And Device’ and run the troubleshooter.
Fix #6: Check the App Permissions
After following the above-mentioned fixes, if you still having the same issue then, you need to check the app permissions. In that case, just go to the Settings app and look for the Permissions. There, you need to make sure that you allow the Webcam to access the device.
Fix #8: Temporarily Disable the Webcam
According to many users, after disabling and then, re-enabling the webcam from the Device Manager might resolve this kind of issue. Hence, you can perform this action. To do so, you have to right-click on the Webcam and click on the Disable Device button. Once you are done, just hit the Restart button. Then, go back to the Device Manager and re-enable that button. Now, the problem should be fixed.
We hope that these tips and tricks can fix Dell laptop webcam not working issue. It is recommended to try out all those fixes as directed and you will definitely get the proper fix for the problem you’re facing. But, if you have any additional query regarding this issue, then without any hesitation post your doubts in the comment section below. Moreover, you can also connect with an expert for the ultimate solution.