Sometimes Dell users report that their laptop sends a message that no battery is detected, instead of having a battery in their laptop. Even sometimes, the new battery also not gets detected in their laptop. It is impossible to do anything on the laptop without the battery. So, it is obviously a troublesome issue for Dell users. This Dell laptop battery not detected issue usually strikes for the outdated BIOS, incorrect ACPI settings, outdated battery driver or even for the heavy usage of the battery. If you want to eliminate this error from your Dell laptop, then follow this article carefully. Here, you will get to know the causes which are responsible for this error and also the tips and tricks to fix it.
Causes for Dell Laptop Battery Not Detected Issue:
There are many reasons which are responsible for Dell laptop not recognizing battery issue and due to that, you may face this issue. Identify the problems at first, and then proceed with the most appropriate solutions. These are some of the prominent causes which led to this issue on your Dell laptop:
- Damaged hardware.
- Outdated battery drivers.
- Duplicate battery.
- Incorrect ACPI settings.
- Outdated BIOS.
- Heavy usage of battery.
- Power surge.
Know the Easy Solutions to Fix Dell Laptop Battery Not Detected Issue:
If you get Dell laptop no battery detected, then follow these simple and easy ways through which you can fix this problem. You don’t need any technical knowledge to perform these steps. If you encounter this issue, then just remove the battery or restart your laptop. If this issue still strikes, the just follow the methods as provided below:
Method 1: Update the BIOS
BIOS is the Basic Input Output System, which helps to clarify and fix all the hardware issues of your laptop. If the BIOS is not updated, then it causes the issue Dell laptop battery not detected. To repair this issue, you have to update the BIOS. Updating the BIOS is a very easy task. Anyone can do this but you should be very careful when you will update this. In case, an error occurs or any mistake while doing this process, then it might result in losing your all data. Hence, we suggest you for keeping a backup of your data always, then update it.
To update the BIOS, you have to maintain these following some steps.
- First, go to the technical support website of Dell and search the device name which you use.
- Now, you can find the ‘Drivers and Softwares’ option. Click on this to expand. After expanding this, you can see BIOS/UEFI.
- Go for the Eyes shaped button to see the latest update of the BIOS for the System.
- Download the recent version of BIOS.
- After that, open the .exe file and maintain all the instructions to update the BIOS.
- Restart your laptop and check if you encounter this issue still now or not.
If the problem is still striking, then try the next method.
Method 2: Run the Power-Troubleshooter
This troubleshooter helps to find the reasons for this issue and fix this. So, just perform these steps one-by-one to complete this process successfully.
- At first, select Start and go to the Control panel.
- In the Search box of the Control panel, type ‘Troubleshooter’.
- Choose for the ‘Troubleshooting’ option.
- Now, select ‘System and Security’.
- Choose Power and click Next.
- It will take some minutes to complete the full process.
- After completing, check whether the issue persists or not.
Method 3: Check the ACPI Settings
This error may occur due to some battery issue. The BIOS will not show the battery is old or not. Sometimes, the old batteries or duplicate batteries may create this problem. So, you have to check the ACPI settings to know about this. Perform the tasks as instructed below to solve new battery not detected Dell laptop issue:
- Click on the Start button and go to the Device Manager.
- Find out the ‘Batteries’ option and click on this to expand this.
- Select ACPI. Here you can see the settings of the battery and from here, you can also enable or disable the battery.
- Go to the BIOS. Check if the battery shows up there or not. If not, then this is the problem of the battery bay or the battery itself.
Method 4: Perform a Power Cycle
It is the easiest method among all. Just perform the steps one-by-one to get rid of this issue Dell laptop no battery detected.
- First, you have to remove all external devices from your Dell laptop.
- Then, remove the battery from the laptop.
- Now, hold the power button of your laptop for some seconds.
- After 10-15 seconds, insert the battery again.
- Restart your laptop.
- Connect the AC adapter for charging. Check whether your Dell laptop not detecting battery issue is solved or not.
Method 5: Reset the Battery Driver
If you perform a battery driver reset, then it can help you out from this annoying issue. To reset the battery, you need to follow the below steps:
- Select the Start button and go to the Device manager.
- Choose the Batteries option and click on it to expand this option.
- You will find ‘Microsoft ACPI-Complaint control method battery’, uninstall it.
- Select the Action tab and choose Scan to make the hardware changes.
- Now, shut down your laptop.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Remove the battery for a minute and re-insert it.
- Now, connect the power cable and restart your laptop.
We hope, from this article, you become aware of what are the causes for Dell laptop battery not detected and how you can get rid out of this trouble. All you need to do just follow the above simple steps. If you still face this trouble, then you can also replace your laptop’s battery. Alternatively, it is better to opt for an expert’s help to eliminate this problem permanently.