Despite being a top-rated brand Dell laptops are not free from glitches. There are many users who have complained about the Dell HDMI port not working issue. HDMI or the High Definition Multimedia Interface is a part of the digital and audio resolution. If there is an abrupt issue with the HDMI, then users fail to receive any images or sounds. If you are dealing with this kind of issue then, this guide is for you. Here, we are going to discuss in details regarding this issue. Read this article, to know about some easy fixing methods.
Five Efficient Solution to Fix Dell Laptop HDMI Port Not Working
If you have any problem with your Dell HDMI port then, you should go through this article. Let us have a look at the processes, to get rid of this annoying trouble.
Process 1: Configure the Laptop’s Display Settings
The problem with the Dell HDMI port might happen if you are accessing various monitors through your system’s HDMI port. Due to improper display settings, this error can appear. So, if this ever happens to you then, you should check the display setting of your system. If you want to check it then, follow the steps which are mention below:
- At first, you have to press the Windows logo key + P key, both at the same time from your keyboard.
- After that, a list appears on your screen, notifying you about all the available display modes. Now, select the display modes according to your preference:
- PC screen or computer only: This mode is generally used by the first monitor.
- Duplicate mode: The Duplicate mode displays the same content on both monitors.
- Extend mode: This mode is mainly used to display an extended desktop.
- Second screen or project only mode: This mode helps you to check each mode and then, assist to choose the option which is suitable.
If your display settings are correct then, you can view the images on the screen which are connected through the HDMI.
Process 2: Update or Reinstall the Graphics Driver
You can get rid of the trouble by updating or reinstalling the graphics driver. The problem may arise due to an outdated graphics driver. So, you should try to update or reinstall it and check if the problem is resolved or not. If you are not sure how to update the graphics driver then, here are the steps, just go through it.
- At first, you have to download the graphics driver software from the official website.
- If the file driver is included within a zip file then, you should unzip the file and select a location or folder.
- After that, you have to open the Device Manager option. Right-click on the Windows Start button and click on the Device Manager option.
- After that, click on the YES option at the time when you are asked for approval from the User Account Control.
- Then, you have to expand the Display adapters section. Right-click on the ‘Graphics Entry’ and then, make click on Update Driver Software.
- After, completing all the above-mentioned steps, you have to select the ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
- At the next step, click on the ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’ option. Then, go to the Have Disk option.
- Then, click on the Browse option and choose the directory where the driver files are located. Click on OK and then, click on the Next option. This will help you to start the installation procedure of the Drivers.
- When you are done with all the steps, which are mentioned previously, restart your computer. Check if the Dell HDMI port not working problem is resolved or not.
If the problem remains the same then, you should verify the installation process. To do it you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, you have to double-click on the installed display adapter software.
- Then, click on the Driver tab.
- After that, check if you have installed the correct driver version or not. Also, check whether the driver date is correct or not.
Process 3: Restart and Reconnect the Device
If you fail to go through the procedure mentioned in the above section then, you can try to restart or reconnect your device. To do it follow the steps:
- At first, you have to disconnect all the HDMI wires to the ports.
- Then, shut down all of the devices such as the computer, monitor and then, unplug all the power cables.
- After that, you should leave them for a few minutes.
- Then, you need to plug in all the power cables and insert back the battery back in the laptop.
- At the next step, connect the HDMI cables with the devices.
- Then, turn on all the devices
After that, check if the Dell HDMI driver windows 10 issue is fixed or not.
Process 4: Troubleshoot the Hardware Issues
If the problem still persists then, the problem might be due to the hardware issue. So, you must run a troubleshooting tool. In this case, you need to switch your HDMI cable with a new one. Otherwise, connect your HDMI port with some other device. After that, check if the problem is fixed or not.
Process 5: Try the Inbuilt Manual Troubleshooter
You try to use the inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if this helps to fix the issue. Go through the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to type ‘troubleshooting’ in the search bar, on the device screen
- After that, select the Troubleshooting option
- Then, click on the ‘View all’ option, which you can find on the top left corner of the screen.
- At the next step, you have to click on ‘Hardware and Devices’ option’
- Then, you need to follow the on-screen instructions which will help you to run the troubleshooter.
- After, completing all the steps, which are mentioned above, check if the problem still persists or not.
Hope, this article helped you to get rid of the problem Dell HDMI port not working. If you want more pieces of information regarding this topic then, you can drop a message on our comment section.