If you wish to open an application or program on Windows 10, you might encounter the error quoted as Class not registered. Most of the Windows users receive this issue and the important thing is that you can repair it on your own.
This kind of errors mainly encountered on Windows 10 because of the unauthorized DLL files present on the app or program. You can solve this easily if you go through the below-mentioned steps thoroughly. This article will give you a thorough overview of the effective fixes of this particular problem.
Effective Fixes to Combat Class not Registered Issue
Patiently go through the below steps to eradicate the aforementioned issue:
Fix 1: Repair DCOM ( Distributed Component Object Model) Errors
- Firstly, press the Windows logo key as well as R key simultaneously in order to recall the Run command box.
- Then, you need to write ‘dcomcnfg’ and then click on Enter in order to open Component Services.
- After that, you need to move to Component Services option. Then, click on Computers and finally press My Computer present on the computer services window. Next, you just need to simply double-click on DCOM config.
- Thereafter, you will receive DCOM configuration messages. After that, click Yes.
- Eventually, you have to reboot Windows 10 and then you need to open the app in order to examine whether it is working fine or not.
Fix 2: Re-Register ExplorerFrame.dll File
- The first and foremost thing to do is to click on the Windows key as well as X at the same time. Next, you need to invoke the Command Prompt (Admin). After that, click on Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
- Then, you need to write “regsvr32ExplorerFrame.dll” in the Command Prompt menu and then tap Enter in order to run it.
- Finally, you need to open the app to examine whether it’s working fine or not and thus you can easily remove Class not registered issue.
Fix 3: Begin with Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service to Remove explorer.exe Class Not Registered
- To begin, press the Windows logo key as well as the R on the keyboard in order to recall the Run command box.
- Next, you need to write ‘services.msc’ in the box. After that, tap on the Enter key in order to open Windows Services.
- After that, you need to detect and then you need to right-click on Internet ETW Collector Service and press Start.
- Finally, you need to open them again in order to see everything is working fine or not.
Fix 4: Establish Windows Photo Viewer as a Default Image Viewer
You need to consider whether Class not registered issue recurs when you open the photo app. You need to set Windows Photo Viewer as default image viewer in order to resolve the error. Just you need to go through the below steps:
- First, you need to press Window logo key as well as I key on the keyboard in order to open Windows Setting window.
- After that, you need to press the System option.
- Moreover, you need to click on default apps present on the left pane. Next, you need to move down on the right pane in order to press Reset present under Reset to the Microsoft Recommended Defaults tab.
- Eventually, you need to open the app to examine whether everything is working fine or not.
Please take into account that if you have installed iCloud on Windows 10, you can go through the below fixes if the above steps fail to eradicate Class not registered Windows 10 issue.
Fix 5: Disable iCloud
According to some users, disabling iCloud in Task Manager can resolve this issue. Therefore, you need to ensure that you make an attempt to disable iCloud if you install that on your Windows 10 device.
- First, you need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc keys in order to open the Task Manager.
- Moreover, you need to hit Startup pane on the Task Manager window. After that, detect and then right-click on iCloud Services.
- Next, you need to hit Disable.
- After that, open the app in order to examine everything is working fine or not. And thus, you can remove explorer.exe Class not registered Windows 10.
In a nutshell, this post covers all the effective fixes pertaining to the effective fixes of Class not registered issue. If you follow the above guideline seriously, you can easily combat the aforementioned issue. Moreover, you can refer the user manual to have a quick glance. Also, you can provide your valuable feedback in the comment section.