D-link routers deliver you faster speeds and a farther range than most of the existing routers. But, you might encounter some troublesome issues in this D-link router. Sometimes your devices can’t connect to Dlink router. However, you have to configure the router properly if you want to connect your devices with the Wi-Fi network. If you do the WiFi setup incorrectly, you might face many problems and it will not allow you to access the Wi-Fi network. You have to use the correct IP address for the router, as well as the correct port. Sometimes, a simple reboot won’t be able to solve this issue. So, if you also can’t connect to Dlink router wireless, then it is time to end your worries. Therefore, you can just go through this article to solve this issue at ease.
This issue is generally related to the configuration of the Router. But, there are many possible reasons behind your devices can’t connect to Dlink router. So, before resolving this issue, first, check which is the exact cause for this problem:
- Improper configuration and setup of the router.
- An incorrect IP address and port.
- Incorrect configuration of wireless settings.
- Disabling of the admin interface.
- Built-in-web might be crashed or locked.
- Temporary software issue.
- Low ping of the wireless network.
Though there are many reasons behind this troublesome issue, the only solution to get rid of this issue is the correct configuration of the Dlink router again. To do the correct configuration, just follow these steps one by one which might help you out from this issue:
Step 1: Physical inspections
- First, connect your device’s network port to one of your router’s LAN ports or Ethernet ports using a network cable. You should connect the WAN port to a modem.
- You would be able to see a solid link light on the Ethernet port. If you will not see any such lights, then use a different cable or connect to a different port of the router. You should remember that if your device is turned off, then the light might not be on.
Step 2: Remove the Bridge
- After checking, go to the Control Panel first.
- Then, click on Network Connections. Check whether ‘Local Area Connection’ is enabled or not. If not, enable it. Make sure it is not bridged with any other connection.
- If you can see an icon named ‘Bridge’ just delete it without thinking so much.
- Click on the ‘Local Area Connection’ and choose ‘remove the Bridge’ option.
Step 3. Check the IP address
Your computer must have an IP address in the same range of the device you are attempting to configure. If you are willing to configure a D-link router, then, the first thing you have to do is just write down the default Gateway Ip address and the router’s IP address has to be the same of this default address of your computer. By default, it should be 192.168.0.1.
To set your computer with a static IP address, just follow these easy guidelines instructed below:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel.
- Then, choose ‘Network Connections’, and then click on ‘Local Area Connection’.
- Now, click on ‘Internet protocol TCP/IP’, and then choose Properties.
- After that, select the “Use the following IP address’ or ‘Use the following DNS “options.
- Specify the TCP/IP settings you want to use:
- IP address: 192.168.0.5
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
- Preferred/Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11 / 18.104.22.168 (or whichever your provider is using).
- Now, select OK, and then click on OK again.
Step 4: Try to access the Router
After setting the TCP/IP settings, try to access the router:
- Open Internet Explorer and type 192.168.0.1.
- Select Admin from the drop-down menu and then enter your password. Leave the password blank by default.
If you are not able to access the router’s configuration pages, then you can perform the resetting of the router.
Step 5: Reset the Router
If unsuccessful in accessing the router’s configuration pages, please reset the router. To reset the router you have to maintain these steps attentively:
- First of all, you will need to press and hold the reset button on the back for 10 seconds while it is powered on.
- Release the button and wait for one minute until the router boots up and try to log into it again.
Step 6: Check the Internet settings
- First of all, you have to go to the Control Panel.
- You will find the Internet Option there.
- Go to the Security tab. Select this to restore the default settings.
- Now, select the Connections tab.
- After that, set the dial-up option to ‘Never dial a connection’.
- Now, choose the ‘LAN Settings’ option.
- Unselect all the options, and then choose OK.
- Now, close all the open windows.
- Then, open Internet Explorer again and try to access the router.
Step 7: Disable any Internet security Software running on the Computer
Software firewalls like Sygate, Black Ice, Zone Alarm, Norton Personal Firewall, etc. can block the access to the configuration pages of the router. First of all, check the help files which is included with your firewall software for more information on disabling or configuring it. If you still cannot log into the router then, cycle the power on the router. To do this, just maintain these steps below:
- First of all, switch off the power of the router.
- Now, wait for half a minute.
- Then, turn on the power.
- Wait for the lights to stabilize.
- After restarting the router successfully, restart your computer.
- Now, open the Start window.
- Type ‘cmd’ on the run box. Click OK to invoke the Command prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt, type ‘ping 192.168.0.1’, and then tap the Enter key on the keyboard.
- You can be able to see a message like ‘Reply from…’.
If your ping will be successful, try to access the configuration page again.
Step 8: Check the IP Settings
If you cannot be able to access the configuration page, check the IP settings.
- At first, you have to open the Command Prompt in the same way.
- Type ‘ipconfig’ on the Command Prompt, and then press the Enter key on the keyboard. You have to put the IP address on the network adapter in the 192.168.0 range.
- Now, write ‘arp -d’, and then press the Enter key.
- Type this command again and again until you can able to see a message like ‘The specified entry was not found’.
- Now, try to access the router again and check whether the problem still persists or not. If you encounter this problem still, reset the router or try to connect another computer with the router.
That’s it! We hope that you will find this article helpful. If you still can’t connect to Dlink router, then it is best to opt for an expert’s help.