Yahoo mail is one of the best email service providers in the world. Over 1 billion active users are being served by the Yahoo each month. Just like any other email service provider, Yahoo email account also needs a User ID and a password to login to the account. A user can also save the email ID and password in their browser to automatically login into the account without the need of putting the same information again and again.
Nothing is 100% perfect, not even amazing webmail service like Yahoo. In various kinds of situations, users can’t access yahoo account. If you don’t know why you are not able to enter your email account, then it can be an annoying experience. But, don’t worry because we are here to solve your query about how to access yahoo account when you are not able to do it in the usual way. So, go through this article to recover your account.
Possible Reasons for Access Problem of Yahoo Account
Yahoo account access problem can occur for various reasons and doesn’t depend on one single reason. So, before solving the issue, we have to know what possible reason can create this problem for the users. These reasons are:
- Probably you changed the password recently and forget about it.
- Maybe caps lock or num lock is not properly set.
- Maybe there is an issue related to the web browser which you are using to open the Yahoo mail.
- When you are sending a bulk attachment file to the unknown users, and then your file gets treated as unwanted mail in the spam.
- Maybe someone hacked into the account.
- You are getting “First time signing in here” message because you are using a new device, program, or location to enter the Yahoo account.
- You are getting an Account Locked message because you have put the wrong password again and again.
- Stuck to sign-in screen loops due to bugs.
- When a large number of messages are sent to the recipients.
- When you have shared your email address with the third party software for the free subscription.
Fix Can’t Access Yahoo Account
Now, that we have learned about the common reason for the Yahoo account access problem, it is time to eliminate all possible reason one by one. So, choose the appropriate method according to your preference to solve the issue.
Issue 1: Password or Yahoo ID Issues
One of the common reasons for the account access issues is incorrect password and yahoo ID issues. Now, this root of the problem can be easily solved by some basic steps. You can simply check if Num Lock or Caps Lock is in its proper position or not. These keys can easily change the value of the password, so first check the keys, when it shows invalid password or ID. If you are using autofill setting, then it is possible that you forget to save the new password after making changes. So, you can manually put the ID and new password to enter your account. After that, you can save the new password in the browser, if you want to.
If none of the above methods works for you, then your final resort will be using the Sign-in Helper to locate your Yahoo ID and regain access to the account. But, if you don’t know how to use the function, then follow the guide below:
Recover Password with the Recover Number
- To recover Yahoo password, at first, try to log into your account. When its show invalid password or ID, select the ‘Forgot my password’ option to proceed to the next step.
- If you already have a recovery number connected to the account, then a pop-up window will open where Yahoo will ask “Do you have access to this phone”. But, if you have forgotten which contact you used as a recovery number, then don’t worry Yahoo will provide you the hint of the number where you will be able to see the first 2-3 digit of the contact while keeping the other digit hidden with the ‘**********’ marks.
- If the phone is still working and currently near you, then select the ‘Yes, text me an account Key’.
- Once you do that, Yahoo will send an account recovery key in the given number.
- When you enter the code in the Account Recovery page, you will be asked to provide a new password for the account.
- After you provide the new password, you have to prove that you are not a robot by following the on-screen information.
- Once you have done that you will come to the ‘Don’t get locked out window’ instead of showing your account’s home page.
- Here, you will be asked to review the recovery information (Recovery email and Phone number) of the current account. We will highly recommend putting the updated information in this section to recover from the same kind of situation in the future.
Once you put the above information, then you will navigate to the usual home of yahoo account.
Recover Password with the Recover Number
If you forget to add a phone number or if you don’t have access to the phone number, then your next option will be using the recovery email account to fix the problem. At first, open the ‘Do you have access to this phone’ again. But, this time, you have to press ‘I don’t have access to this phone’ and go to a new window. In the new window, you will be asked to enter the recovery email id. Put the correct information to get an account key sent over the email. Now, put the recovery key in the Recovery window page. From here, the rest of the steps will be the same as before.
Issue 2: Hacked Account Issues
Another possible reason for the access issue can be, your account has been hacked by someone. Maybe they have altered all the information related to recovering your account which is not letting you recover the account through the above-mentioned way. If this is the case, then there is nothing you can do except taking the help of the Yahoo security team. Here is the step you have to follow:
- At first, Navigate to the Yahoo “How Can We Help You?” page.
- Then, select “Yahoo Account” from the first drop-down menu, and then select “Hacked Accounts” from the next menu.
- Choose your problem from the sub-category menu. Issues may include “Spam is being sent from my account,” “Getting an invalid password message” and “Unable to verify my secret question.” Make your choice.
- Add more details about the problem in the box that appears. Note how you want the Yahoo support team to help you
- Click “Enter.” Yahoo will display some possible solutions in the Quick Answers section. If these answers don’t help you, click “Email a Support Agent.”
- Type a description of the problem in the Detailed Description field. Don’t include any personal information here, such as your Yahoo password, Social Security number or driver’s license number
- Enter the Yahoo ID of the person who hacked your account, if you know it. If you don’t, enter “not known.”
- Enter the Yahoo ID that’s been hacked, and then enter a different email address where Yahoo can contact you.
- Enter the rest of the requested information, such as your full name, birth date, and ZIP code
- Provide one of your security questions and its answer. If you can’t remember your question, go to the Password Helper page. Select “I Have a Problem With My Password.” Enter your Yahoo ID, and then select “Use My Security Questions.” Copy the question that appears and paste it into the Security Question box on the customer-support email form.
- Click “Send.” Yahoo will investigate the problem and contact you as soon as possible.
Issue 3: Yahoo not Working in a particular Browser Issue
If the access problem is occuring when you are trying to open the Yahoo from a particular browser but you are able to access it from other browser or mobile, then there are a few methods available which can fix this particular issue. Here, we are using Chrome as an example but these methods can be used for any kind of browser. So, without wasting any more time, let’s check them out.
Reset to the Default Settings
If the problem started occurring after making some recent changes, then it is possible that the wrong configuration stops you from accessing your Yahoo account. In this case, you can go back to the default setting to solve the problem. First, go to the More option (three vertical dots) and select the Settings from the drop-down menu. After that select the Advanced option and click the Reset button, under the Reset section. Select the OK when the confirmation window open, to confirm your action.
Deactivate Browser Enhancement
Sometimes, deactivating the Browser Enhancement helps to solve the access problem. To use this feature, again open the More option but this time select the Extensions. Now, click on the Remove option next to the extension you wish to remove. Then, again click the Remove button to completely erase that browser enhancement from the browser.
Temporarily Deactivate Antivirus
If the problem is occuring in a particular device rather than the browser, then it can be possible that an Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs are blocking scripts and features that are important for Yahoo pages. In this case, you can temporarily deactivate the programme and check if the problem is solved or not.
Clear the Cache
Clear Cache is also a potential way to solve how to access yahoo account problem in your device. If you don’t know how to clear cache, then follow the below guide.
- At first, select the More tools option from the Settings option of the browser and select the Clear browsing data option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the time range for which you wish to remove Cache, else you can remove all the Cache at the same time by selecting the “All Time” option.
- Now select the checkboxes next to the Cached images and files label and then, click on the “Clear data” option.
After following these methods you can easily fix Yahoo not working in a particular browser issue. You can also try to update the browser to solve the same problem.
Issue 4: Not Able to Access Yahoo Account, “First Time Signing in Here” Notification
If you are using a new device to log in to your account, then it’s not a surprise that you are getting “First Time Signing in Here” notification. This is a security protocol provided by the Yahoo developer. To make sure that the actual account holder is able to sign-in with a new device, the developer sents a verification notification in your mobile number and email. So, use the link and provide the usual information to verify yourself and fix the problem.
Issue 5: Not Able to Access Yahoo Account, “Account Locked” Notification
If Yahoo is displaying Account Locked notification in your screen, then it’s highly possible that you have entered the wrong password again and again which lead it to the temporary Account Lock problem. But, no need to panic because this problem will automatically disappear after 12hrs. So, wait till then, and then provide the right password and User ID to open your account. You can also unlock your account with the Sign-in Helper.
Wrap it Up
We hope our methods are able to solve your query about how to access yahoo account. We try to provide solutions to fix the problem regarding can’t access yahoo account problem. But, somehow if we forget to discuss an important point, then let us know. We will update our content as soon as possible. Additionally, the help of a professional for better guidance.