Canon printer printing blank pages is a general problem that most of the Canon printer users face. Generally, this problem appears when there is no ink in the cartridges. Sometimes, if you are not using the latest version of the printer driver, this error occurs. Moreover, if you haven’t updated the OS, then you can also face this issue on your system. Any hardware issue can also prompt this problem. Well, in this article, you will get to know some easy and effective procedures to fix the Canon printer only prints blank pages problem.
Step-by-Step Procedures to Resolve the Canon Printer Prints Blank Pages Problem
Below, we have discussed some of the effective and quick procedures that can help you to fix the Canon printer prints blank pages issue.
Procedures 1 – Update the Printer Driver
This is a very easy procedure, to fix this problem you have to update the printer driver. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows Home key + S key to open the Search box, type ‘Device Manager’ and then, hit the Enter button. Alternatively, click on the Start menu option and find the Device Manager, select it.
- When the Device Manager window opens, scroll down through the page and find the ‘Canon printer driver’ in the left side. Right-click on it.
- Select the ‘Update Software Driver’ option. Now, your system will check whether the update is available or not.
- Click on the Update option.
- Once it is done, restart your system.
Procedure 2 – Reinstall the Printer Driver
After updating the printer driver if the problem still there, then you can simply reinstall it. To do so follow the steps below:
- Go to the Search panel, type ‘Control Panel’ and then, press the Enter button.
- In the Control Panel window, navigate to the ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- Scroll down through the page and locate the ‘Canon printer driver’, right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option.
- Once it completes, restart your system. After restarting your system again install it from the official website. To complete the installation process follow the on-screen instructions carefully. Once it is done, restart your system and then, check whether the problem has been resolved or not.
Procedure 3 – Restart your Printer
After performing the above procedures if the Canon printer printing blank pages issue still comes up during the printing process, then you can simply restart your device. Check the steps as mentioned below:
- Press the Power button to turn off the printer.
- Wait for a few seconds and then, again turn it on by pressing the Power button.
Procedure 4 – Change the Printer Settings
If you do not change the printer settings you can see an error message on the printer’s LCD screen. Here you can see the steps which are mentioned below:
- At first, click on the Start button to open the list.
- Select the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Right-click on the printer icon, under the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Choose the Printing Preferences option.
- Click on the Maintenance section, then click on the Extended Settings option.
- When the Extended Settings window opens, select the ‘Skip Blank Page setting’.
- Click on the OK option to save the changes. After that check, if the problem persists or not.
Procedure 5 – Use High-Quality Generic Cartridges
If you are using a low quality of generic cartridges, then you can face this problem on your device. So you must use a high-quality generic cartridge. By using quality ink, you can receive high-quality printouts and suitable viscosity, so that it will not block the print nozzles.
Procedure 6 – Make Sure the Printer is Placed in Proper Position
It is highly suggested to place the printer in a suitable location because the ink on the printhead can get thick or get hard when the printer is not in use. Place the printer in a cooler location to avoid further obstacles.
Procedure 7 – Check Ink Levels
At first, you need to check whether the ink is completely empty or not. You can easily check this by printing reports using the buttons on the printer menu. If there is no ink in the black cartridge, you will not be able to print. So, you must fill the ink in the black cartridge and then, proceed with the printing job.
Procedure 8 – Unclog Print Heads
If you haven’t used the printer for a long time, there is a chance that the ink can dry out and block the printhead cartridges. To unlock it, most printers have the option to clean the printheads or print nozzles on the printer menu. To do that,
- Turn off the printer to remove the unclog print heads.
- Remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Normally, protective sheets are placed in new cartridges. Find it and then, clean it with a clean cloth or cotton.
We hope the procedures that we have provided to fix the Canon printer printing blank pages problem can help you terminate the risk. Carefully read these procedures and try not to skip any steps. After performing all these steps if the problem still persists then it’s better to take assistance. Do not forget to share your experience in the feedback section below.