Canon is one of those brands which is quite popular for their high-quality printer. But, after a certain point of time, even Canon printer ends up with different types of errors and problems. Canon printer not printing black error is one of those common issues which is affecting a wide variety of Canon printers nowadays. This issue usually occurs on when users try to print something in black but the printer is unable to execute it due to various internal problems. Apart from that reason, this issue also gets activated because of some common system problems. Now, if you are one of those who is encountering this issue, on a daily basis, then you can follow this article to solve it.
Causes of Canon Printer Won’t Print Black Issue
The Canon printer and the system which is connected with it, both are responsible for this error. There are many problematic factors that can trigger this issue. Now, to fix the Canon printer won’t print black issue in the most efficient way, the user needs to identify those factors first. That’s why in this section we have provided some of the most important factors of this issue. Have a look at them and try to compare with your situation.
- Dirty or unmaintained Canon printer.
- Third-party ink cartridges.
- Outdated Printer Driver.
- Faulty ink cartridges.
Now, If you have identified all the possible causes of this issue, then let’s have a look at the solutions.
Best Ways to Fix the Canon Printer Not Printing Black Issue
There are many possible ways by which you can fix this issue on the Canon printer. But, you need to apply them properly in order to get a positive result. Some of the most effective solutions to this issue are given below, have a look at them and try to use them as instructed.
Check Basic Requirements
Most of the time, Canon users get this issue due to some simple mistakes like empty ink cartridge, improperly installed ink cartridge, wrong printing settings, etc. That’s why every user should check these common things before going to any major solutions. Now, if all the things mentioned in this section is working properly, then move on to other methods provided in this section.
Clean the Canon Printer
After a certain period of time, every Canon printer needs proper maintenance or cleaning up. But, if the user doesn’t follow this rule or don’t know about it, then they may face technical glitches. Now, if you are one of those users then, it is quite possible that the Canon printer doesn’t print black issue is appearing on your system. Now, if you want to fix this problem, then try the given steps.
- First, you need to open the printer.
- Then, you have to open up the paper output tray and the output tray extension. While doing this make sure that, your printer tray conation at least 5 A4 size paper.
- Now, go the Control Plane of your Canon printer and press the Setup icon to begin the cleanup task.
- On the Setup window, you will find the Tool icon. Click on it.
- Inside the Tool window, you need to locate and select the Maintenance Menu. After that, hit the OK button to open it.
- Now, in the Maintenance Menu, you need to search for the ‘Deep cleaning’ option. Once you find, select it and tap on the OK button.
- Instantly a confirmation prompt will appear on your screen. There you have to select the YES option and then, hit the OK button.
After this, the Canon printer will start its cleaning process. Wait for sometime to complete the cleanup process. Once you are done, reboot your Canon printer and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Use Genuine Ink Cartridge
Sometimes Canon printer user faces this type of issue due to the usage of a third-party cartridge. Usually, printer manufacturing companies like Canon designed their ink cartridges according to the printer model or series. However, the third-party ink cartridge can’t design their product accordingly. This causes misalignment problems in the printer. Now, if you are using any third-party ink cartridges on your Canon printer, then in order to fix the non-printing issue, you have to replace it. After doing that, try to print something and verify the issue.
Update the Printer Drives
On certain situations, the Canon printer can generate issue due to outdated Printer drivers. Now, if you haven’t updated your Printer drivers for a very long time, then this is causing this issue. Now, if you want to update your Printer drivers, then follow the given steps.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R. Now, on the dialogue box, type “ devmgmt.msc” and hit the OK button or the Enter key.
- The Device Manager window will instantly open up on the screen. There you have to locate the Printer Driver options and then, right-click on them.
- Now, a pop-up menu will appear on your screen. On that menu, you will find the Update driver option. Click on it.
- After that, you just need to follow the on-screen instruction to complete the updating process.
Once the updating process gets completed, reboot your system and check whether the issue is still appearing or not.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions are helpful enough to resolve Canon printer not printing black issue. For more tech related content keep following our articles.