A Canon printer has a significant role in printing. And, aligning the print head appropriately, provides a solution for print head alignment issue. It will automatically correct the installation position and improve the deviation color and lines. The Canon printer supports two head alignment methods, automatic head alignment, and manual head alignment. Despite excellent performance of the Canon printer, you might face an issue with the print head adjustment. Sometimes, this issue appears due to improper colors and blurry printing. The problem may cause horizontal banding and vertical misalignment. It indicates that you need to resolve Canon print head alignment not working issue. So, just go through the article and resolve the issue at the earliest.
Probable Causes of Canon Print Head Alignment Not Working Issues
The Canon Pixma Pro 100 print head alignment not working issue might panic the users. There are many reasons why you experience this type of failure on your device. So, before fixing it, you need to find the exact causes behind the trouble. The general causes behind ‘Canon print head alignment not working’ issue are:
- Paper jams are the primary cause of the problem.
- Also, it arises for clogging issue or dust accumulation in the print cartridge
- This problem occurs due to the improper installation of the cartridge.
- Bad quality of the cartridge.
- Misconfigured or outdated printer driver.
- Issues after your printer finish a large printing session.
If you get to find out what is the exact cause of the printer error, it becomes easy to solve this issue quickly.
Relevant Hacks to Overcome Print Head Errors
Don’t get irritated when you face Canon print head alignment not working trouble. Here are some easy fixes you may follow to avoid this issue.
Solution 1: Run the Printer Head Alignment Utility
The first objective is to run the Printer Head Alignment utility properly. Do not skip any steps and just follow the instructions:
For Horizontal Banding:
- Look at the printable side of the paper in the sheet.
- Then, clean up the clogged ink nozzles by running the Head Cleaning Utility.
- After cleaning all customized settings, select ‘Text and Image’ setting. Alternately, select the Automatic settings, under Mode in the Print dialog box.
- You should check the ink output light. In case, if you may see any flashing, you need to change the desirable ink cartridge.
- Keep in mind that you should not select Maximize setting as the printable area.
- Lastly, check if the media type which you choose is correct or not.
For Vertical Misalignment or Banding:
- You should see the printable side of the sheet.
- Then, run the Print Head Alignment utility.
- Now, go to the Advanced dialog box and remove the ‘High-speed’ checkbox.
- At last, you should check if the type of media is appropriate or not, for your Canon printer.
Solution 2: Update the Printer Driver
If the printer driver is not up to date, you might face the printer head alignment issue. To get rid of this issue, try to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, go to the printer manufacturer’s website.
- Then, find out the latest and current version of the printer driver.
- Now, download and install it properly.
- Finally, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Reset the Printer Alignment
Generally, print head alignment allows you to change the position of the project on the page. Before executing the process, keep some consideration in mind. First, change the position of the project on the page. The print alignment usually does allow margin to print. When you change the print alignment for another project, customized changes takes charge and it can affect other projects. So, you can not print properly. In that case, you need to reset the printer alignment first. Now, you have to follow these steps carefully:
- At first, go to the ‘File’ in the menubar.
- Then, choose the ‘Print’ option from the drop-down menu.
- When the ‘Print’ window pop up in the screen, tap on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Now, select the ‘Print Alignment’ option.
- After that, press the ‘Reset’ option and hit the OK option.
- Finally, figure out if the issue is totally fixed.
Solution 4: Change the Printer Settings
To change the printer settings, just go through the following steps:
- First, open the menu bar and select ‘File’.
- Then, choose ‘Print’ option from the drop-down menu.
- When the ‘Print’ window comes on the screen, tap on the ‘Advanced‘ folder to open a new window.
- Now, press on the ‘Print as Bitmap’ option and mark it.
- Lastly, tap the OK button to return to the project. Then, check the issue. If the issue persists, go through the next method.
Solution 5: Perform a Disk Cleanup
If you still face some issue with the print head alignment of the Canon printer, you have to perform a Disk Cleanup.
- Go to the ‘My computer’ section.
- Then, find the C:\ drive and click on it.
- Now, choose ‘Properties’ from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the ‘Disk cleanup’ section to complete the process.
When you are done with the process, check the issue once. If the issue persists, follow the instructions below.
Solution 6: Delete Personal Temp Files
When this issue arises due to the temp files, you can fix it by removing Personal Temp files. Let’s have a look at the steps:
- First, tap on the ‘Start’ menu and go to the Run box.
- Now, type ‘%temp%’ there and hit the OK button.
- Then, the temp files come on the screen. Now, hold the CTRL key and A key at the same time to select all files.
- After that, press and hold the CTRL and D key both to remove all selected files.
- Lastly, configure the issue properly.
Solution 7: Check the Internal Connection
The last thing to do is to check the internal connection properly. To do that, go through the steps one by one:
- First, check if any paper is stuck inside the printer or not. Because stuck papers may cause this issue. So, eliminate all papers from the machine to fix the issue.
- If the printer’s cartridge is not clean, then change it quickly.
- The best option is that you can install a new cartridge for the Cancon printer.
We hope that this article is bbeneficialto you. If you still have any question regarding Canon print head alignment not working problem, then, it is best to opt for expert guidance.