Brother printer printing blank pages is an annoying issue that most of the Brother printer users report to face on a daily basis. Brother printers have either 2 or 4+ ink cartridges. Usually, this kind of error occurs due to the blockage of vacuum in the ink cartridges. Moreover, this issue can also happen when there is no ink in the cartridges.
If you also face the same issue then, don’t worry as you are not alone. In this situation, we recommended you to go through this post carefully. Here, in this post, we have enlisted all the possible fixes for this error which can help you in resolving the Brother printer error.
Possible Causes Behind Brother Printer Prints Blank Pages
There can be various instances for which such kind of Brother printer issue occurs. Most of the time such kind of issue occurs within a printer that is using an old ink cartridge. So, if your printer is using an old ink cartridge, then you will surely get the “Brother printer not printing anything” error. Apart from this, there can be a hardware related issue that is also responsible for this printer glitch. Several users have reported that due to outdated or corrupted printer device drivers they find this issue. Besides, there are some other factors that can be the cause of this printer error:
- In the input tray, if papers of incorrect size are loaded, then such kind of printing glitch may occur.
- Clogged printer head nozzles producing a build-up of blocked ink or toner can be a potential cause.
- The toner or ink cartridges may become displaced or dislodged from their accurate place. Resulting, Brother printer to prints blank pages.
- Apart from this, blank pages can also get printed in case the document you are trying to print is corrupted.
Now, you must be well accustomed to the fundamental causes prompting this Brother printer printing blank pages issue. Hence, read on to locate how to resolve this printing issue quickly without any hassle.
Easy Hacks to Solve Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages
The methods of fixing the Brother printer printing blank pages are pretty simple. Here, in this section, you will get various fixes for this issue. It is highly recommended to follow the steps in the same order as we have given to troubleshoot the Brother printer issue.
Method #1: Inspect the Ink Cartridges
Incorrect or wrong installation of the ink cartridges can prevent it from printing any document and as a result, blank pages will get printed. Most of the time, a common mistake is that you fail to remove the protective sheet or cover of the cartridges before inserting into the printer. Actually, it is used to protect the sensitive part of the cartridges. Thus, before using the cartridges, you have to remove it. To perform this task, follow the below instructions:
First of all, you have to take out the cartridges. There you can find a colored tape that is present on the new cartridge. Now, pull it and the protective cover will get removed. Once it is done, firmly insert the ink cartridges again.
Method #2: Check Ink Level
Most of the time, such kind of issue occurs if the ink cartridges get completely empty. Hence, you have to check the ink cartridges by trying to print another document. You might find an option which says ‘Print Quality’ or ‘Ink Levels’. Basically, it varies with the model of the printer. If in the black cartridges, there is no ink, then you might face the Brother printer printing blank pages issue. Thus, you need to replace them with a new one.
Method # 3: Unclog Print Heads
For a long time, if you don’t use your Brother printer, then a heavy amount of ink can get dried up and it can clog at the print heads. Most of the users have reported this same issue. If it is the case, then you have to unclog them shorty. In order to unclog the print head manually, you have to turn on the Brother printer. Then, remove the cartridges carefully. Now, clean it with a cotton swab. Alternatively, you can use a link free cloth.
Method # 4: Update the Printer Driver
An outdated or corrupted printer device drivers can mess up the print command. In that case, you need to update the printer device driver. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you have to go to the Start icon.
- Then, look for the ‘Device Manager.’ Once you find it, simply select it from the top result in order to open a new window.
- Now, you have to expand the category, expand the hardware that you required to update.
- Once it is done, simply click on that device and then, hit the ‘Update Driver’ button.
- After that, you have to search and select the ‘Search Automatically For Updated Drier Software’ button.
- If updates are available there, then you can click on the ‘Installed Update’ button. After pressing this button the updates will automatically get installed.
- When done, simply restart your device and check, if the issue gets eliminated.
These all are the common methods that you can try to resolve the “Brother printer printing blank pages” error. Moreover, you can use other software in order to check if it works.
You can also fix such Brother printer printing issue by performing the below task. So, check it out each of the OS-specific hacks:
For Windows 8: Primarily, you have to go to the Apps screen. Then, navigate to the ‘Control Panel’. Now, in the ‘Control Panel’, locate the ‘Hardware And Sound’ option. Once you locate it, simply click on that button, then hit the ‘Devices And printers’ button. Now, right-click on the device and tap on the ‘Printing Preference’.
For Windows Vista: First, press the Windows logo key and then, click on the Settings. After that, go to the Control Panel and click on the Printer or Printers button, you will find this option under the ‘Hardware And Sound’. Now, simply right-click on the printer device and press the ‘Printing Preferences.’
For Windows 7: Firstly, click on the Windows logo key, then choose the ‘Devices And Printers’ option. Now, simply right-click on the printer device and hit the ‘Printing Preferences’ button.
For Windows XP: First of all, tap on the Start button, then navigate to the ‘Control Panel.’ Now, look for the ‘Printers And Other Hardware’ option. Once you find it, simply tap on that option and select the ‘Printers And Faxes.’ Once it is done, simply right-click on the device and choose the ‘Printing Preferences’ button. After that, navigate to the ‘Maintenance ‘ tab and then, select the ‘Extended Settings’ option. Now, go to the Settings Notification area and click on the ‘Skip Blank Page’ option. At last, select the ‘Apply’ button as well as the OK button in order to save the new changes.
Here, we have mentioned some important notes that you have to keep in your mind while dealing with printing glitches. These will help you to prevent such kind of issue in the near future. So, take a glimpse below:
- Print Regularly: It is suggested to print a document on a regular basis as this helps the ink to flow continually through the printhead without any issue. This process also helps to prevent the blockage in the printer heads or print nozzles.
- Use Only High-Quality Generic Cartridges: You should always use high-quality generic cartridges as it can provide high-quality printout and an accurate viscosity that will not block the print heads or print nozzles.
- Place the Printer is in a Cool Place: It is advised to place the Brother printer in a cool place otherwise, the ink might get solidified or coagulated inside the printer head or printer nozzle when it is not in use.
We hope that you will be able to resolve the “Brother printer printing blank pages” error with the help of the above solutions. Nevertheless, if you find any kind of difficulties in catching up with the methods, then you can post your doubts in the comment section below. Moreover, you can also take expert guidance in order to clear all the doubts.