Bad_pool_caller is a blue screen error code which you can come across while a thread, situated in your processor, is trying to use a resource which is unavailable. Well, if you are facing this issue, then you are not alone. Many of the Windows users have experienced this same error on their device. If you are unaware of this troubleshooting process, then you can follow this article. This article consists of more than one effective guidance which will guide you further.
Fixes for Bad_Pool_Caller Windows 10 Error
There are some things, which you should remember after starting the troubleshooting process. They are listed below.
Things to Remember
- At first, you have to know whether you have installed all available updates of Windows. You can check it using this path: At first, you have to go to the Start button, as well as, locate the Settings button. From the Settings option, you have to choose ‘Updates & security’ option.
- Once done, you have to tap on the ‘Check for updates’ button, which is situated on the right side of the pane. In case, if you won’t be able to see any available updates, then you have to download and install it first.
- Then, run an antivirus program and ensure that the possible threats have been removed from your device.
In case, you are done with the points mentioned in this section, and still, this error persists, then follow the next process.
Method 1: Reverse Recent Changes
One of the most possible reasons to encounter this blue screen error is the recent changes which you have made to your system. In case, if you have added new hardware or software in the system which you are using recently, you have to remove them to check whether this particular error has been fixed or not. If this error continues then, try out the next steps.
Method 2: Update Device Drivers
You can also update the device drivers, in order to resolve this matter without any hassle. In that case, try out these steps:
- At first, you have to go to the Start button.
- Now, you have to go to the Search bar to search for the Device Manager. Once done, you have to tap on the top result to open it.
- Now, you have to expand the category with the hardware which you want to update.
- After that, you have to place a right click on the device and choose the Update Driver.
- Once done, you have to tap on the ‘Browse my computer’ option in order to get into the Driver Software option.
- Now, you have to tap on the Browse button.
- After that, you have to browse and choose the main folder with the content which you get earlier.
- Tap on the option named OK to continue.
- Once done, you have to make the box checked which includes some subfolders, which will allow the tool to locate the relevant .inf file, with the instructions to update drivers.
- Now, you have to tap on the Next button.
If this typical error persists after performing these steps, then you have to follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 3: Run Memory Check
You can also perform a memory check, due to lack of memory, you can encounter this error with your device. For instance-
- At first, on the keyboard, you have to press the Windows logo key along with the R key to launch the Run dialogue box. Here, you have to type ‘mdsched.exe’, as well as, you have to hit the Enter button to continue.
- After that, you need to tap on the Restart Now button and check for the problems. In this way, you will be able to check the status of the memory card.
- When you restart your PC, you will be able to see the process will start automatically. And it will take some time to be finished.
- In case, if you are unable to notice any error then, it must be associated with the memory card. So, focus on the alternative method, mentioned in this article.
Method 4: Check for Corrupted Hardware
You can also check for corrupted hardware in order to resolve this matter. Often, you can encounter this error due to some inconvenience present in the RAM or due to the corrupted hardware. So, try out these steps to eliminate this error:
- At first, you have to go to the Start button, as well as, you have to go to the File Explorer.
- Now, you have to locate the This PC section.
- Once done, you have to place a right click on the hard drive which you want to check and tap on the Properties option.
- Now, you have to go to the Tools tab, as well as, you have to tap on the Check option.
- In case, if you noticed that, the hard disk drive problem is free then, you will be able to see some notifications.
If this particular error persists, then try out the alternative procedure.
Method 5: Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Software
You can also encounter this bad_pool_caller error on your device due to some inconvenience present in your third-party antivirus software. In that case, try to uninstall your Third party antivirus software, using these steps:
- At first, you have to tap on the Windows + R at the same time to launch the Run dialogue box.
- In the dialogue box, you have to type ‘Control’, as well as, hit Enter to continue.
- Now, in the Control Panel, you have to search for ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- Here, you will be able to see the installed applications on your device.
- From this list, you have to search for your third-party antivirus software.
- Now, you have to place a right click on it, to uninstall it.
After completing the uninstallation process, you will be able to resolve this issue quickly.
Throughout this knowledge-based article, we have tried to provide a step by step guidance to resolve this issue on a quick note. In order to resolve this issue from your device, you have to follow each and every step carefully. Try to avoid skipping any steps.