In this technological era, virus, malware, and cyber crimes are one of the most important problems. Furthermore, the firewall is a very important feature for the systems. On the other hand, Avast is the most renowned antivirus. Sometimes, this feature fails to protect your Windows 10 system. When you try to open the firewall, it might avert to do so. That’s why you might experience the Avast unable to start firewall issue on your Windows 10 system.
However, in case, you are wondering how to eradicate this annoying issue, then your search ends with us. Hence, take a look below passage in detail to get your queries solved instantly.
Easy Hacks to Resolve the Avast Unable to Start Firewall Windows 10
There are a number of ways and methods by which you can simply resolve this irritating issue on your own. But, you need to try some practical methods which can give you the optimal solution in no time. Here, in this post, we are going to discuss some of the simple and effective ways to eliminate this glitch effortlessly. So, scroll down and stay tuned with the write-up.
Way 1: Conflict Between the Windows Defender and Avast Anti-Virus Firewall
Whenever you are accessing the Avast antivirus application in your Windows 10 system, at that time you cannot let Windows Defender stay active. As the Windows Defender is the in-built antivirus application of the Windows 10 Operating System.
Therefore, it invariably averts other antivirus applications. Therefore, you need to disable the default Windows Defender application to prevent the conflict.
To do so, follow-through the below steps:
- At first, you need to go to the Control Panel.
- After that, tap on the System and Security option to open it.
- Choose the Windows Firewall option under the System and Security option.
- Now, you will get a new tab.
- Under the new tab, you need to go to the Windows Firewall On or Off option.
- Now, you need to tap on the Turn Off option.
- This process will disable the default Windows Firewall application.
- Once the above steps are done, restart your system.
Now, you can try to run the Avast antivirus Firewall application on your Windows 10 Operating System.
Way 2: Clear the Registry Entries of your System
If there are any issues in the registry entries of your Windows 10 system, then you might come up with these type of issues in your Windows 10 OS. Moreover, the registry entries are the most crucial service of the Windows 10 OS to run any system hassle-free. Sometimes, the registry entries services might get hamper due to the unnecessary accessing of the system.
Therefore, to avert minor bugs of these services, you need to clear all the wrong configurations from the registry entries. Moreover, this process might resolve this problem from your Windows 10 system. To clear all those wrong settings from the registry entries, go through the following steps.
- At first, you need to go to the Control Panel of your system.
- After that, tap on the System Settings option to open it.
- Now, you can get the Registry Entry option under the System Settings option.
- After that, you need to tap on the Registry Entry option to proceed further.
- Under the Registry Entry option, set the Registry Entries to its Default Settings.
- Once the above-described steps are complete, you need to restart your system.
- After that, check your Windows 10 system to verify that the issue is fixed or not.
Way 3: Clear the Malware Programs
Sometimes, various types of malware or viruses and malicious programs can transform your Windows 10 system and due to that, you might occur with this annoying issue of the Avast Firewall won’t turn on Windows 10 Operating System.
Furthermore, these kinds of malicious and malware programs initiate the computer or laptop significantly delayed and slow. Therefore, in order to resolve this issue, you need to remove these types of malicious threats from your Windows 10 system.
To do so, at first, you need to scan your Window 10 system by launching the Troubleshoot tool. After that, the Troubleshoot tool will detect all the forsaken programs and files on your Windows 10 Operating System. After detecting, the tool will delete those programs and files by automatically. Restart your system. Once the process is complete, you can try to access your system to check that the issue persists or not.
Way 4: Reboot the System
This frequent issue of the Windows 10 might occur due to some technical flaws in the Operating System. So, if you are experiencing the Avast unable to start Firewall Windows 10 issue, then rebooting the OS can be an effective solution.
In order to reboot the system, you can easily execute the manual rebooting process from the Control Panel of your system. Now, you need to restart the Avast antivirus application whenever the reboot procedure is complete. After that, check your system to verify that the issue is resolved or not.
Way 5: Perform the Update Process of Avast Antivirus
If you are using the backdated or old version of the Avast antivirus application, then there is a high chance of occurring these types of minor technical flaws on your Windows 10 system. In addition, a backdated and old version of the Avast software does not hold any latest featured options to protect your computer or laptop.
This latest and updated version of the Avast antivirus includes various types of bugs fixing features which enhance the stability and performance of the antivirus. Therefore, upgrade the Avast antivirus and access your Windows system without any hassles or technical flaws.
You can easily accomplish the update process of the Avast antivirus by using the user interface. To do so, follow below described steps.
- At first, you need to open the Avast antivirus software.
- Next, tap on the Settings option.
- Now, you need to tap on the Update process and select the Update (next to Program)
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
Way 6: Repair the Avast Antivirus Application
After upgrading the Avast antivirus software, if you are still facing the issue on your Windows 10 Operating System, then you can go for the below steps:
- At first, you need to go to the Control Panel of your system.
- After that, you need to tap on the Programs option under the Control Panel of your system.
- Now, navigate to the Programs and Features option under the Programs option.
- Go to the Avast antivirus application under the Programs and Features. Tap on the option to proceed further.
- Now, you need to choose the Repair option to start the repair process.
- Once the above steps are complete, you need to restart your system.
- Check your system to verify that the issue is fixed or not.
- If the issue still persists, you need to restart your system again.
Way 7: Perform a Clean Reinstall Process of the Avast Antivirus Application
If the Avast antivirus application itself has become buggy because of the applications conflicting, then, you need to perform a clean reinstall process of the Avast antivirus. The reinstallation process of the Avast antivirus is not a troublesome task. You can easily accomplish this task by following some simple steps. The steps are as follows:
- At first, you need to download the updated version of Avast antivirus on your Windows 10 system.
- Also, you need to download the Avast Uninstall Utility along with the Avast program files.
- Once the downloading process is complete, boot your system in the Safe Mode.
- After that, you need to run the Avast Uninstall Utility on your Windows 10 system. Now, browse for the folder where you want to install the Avast.
- Afterward, you need to tap on the remove option.
- Now, you need to restart your system by booting into the normal startup.
- After that, check your system to verify that the issue is resolved or not.
- If the issue still persists, then restart the system again and check if the issue fixed.
We hope that after follow-through the troubleshooting hacks which are stated above, you will able to resolve the Avast unable to start Firewall Windows 10 flaw effectively. Moreover, this article assists non-tech-savvy persons.
Perform the above-described troubleshooting hacks and see which is giving you the ultimate troubleshooting solution in no time. In the future, if you face the issue again on your system, then visit the website for further effective information and knowledge.