Asus error code 0xC000000F is one of the general issues that you might encounter while using your Asus device. Several reasons are there behind the occurrence of this error. Generally, this error code appears when you are not using the latest version of OS. Sometimes, the boot sector is damaged for some reason, due to which this error code appears on your Asus device’s screen. Incomplete or incorrect installation of Windows OS can also result in this error. Moreover, any third-party program can also be responsible for this error. Another reason for this error can be a hard disk drive failure. Well, in this article, you will get to know some quick and easy procedures to eliminate the error code 0xC000000F from your device.
Step by Step Guidance to Troubleshoot Asus Model x5551M Error Code 0xC000000F
Most of the times, rebooting your system can resolve this error code on your system. So that you have to reboot your system and then check whether the problem is fixed or not. After rebooting your system, if the Asus Model x5551M error code 0xC000000F still persists, then you can follow the procedures that are mentioned below. Let’s check.
Procedure 1 – By Using the bootrec.exe Tool
By using the bootrec.exe tool you can easily fix this error code on your Asus system. This is the inbuilt tool of Windows system. With this tool, you can mainly restore boot configuration data (BCD) that controls Windows startup. To enter the bootrec.exe tool, follow the directions below.
- At first, reboot your system and then insert the bootable DVD or USB to boot your system.
- If you see any ‘Key’ in the prompt then press any key from your keyboard.
- After that, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Next, click on the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “bootrec /fixmbr” to run this command and then hit the Enter button. Now, your system will start the rebuilding the BCD and your system will return its normal state and then check whether the problem is fixed.
Procedure 2 – Create an EFI Partition
An alternative procedure that you can try to fix this issue on your system. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Firstly, boot your system from a USB or DVD and then open the black Command Prompt window.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type ‘Diskpart’ and then hit the Enter key.
- Next, write the ‘select disk 0’ and hit the Enter to choose the disk that you want to create a new EFI partition.
- Now write the ‘list partition’ and hit the Enter to open the list of all partitions.
- Type ‘Select Partition 1’ and hit the Enter button assuming that the chosen partition will have more free space.
- When you find the Shrink detected, then type the value above 200 and press the Enter. Next, type the ‘create partition EFI’ and then Press the Enter button.
- Again write the ‘list partition’ and then press the Enter key.
- Type ‘select partition 2’ and then hit the Enter button assuming that the newly created partition 2.
- Now, write the ‘format fs=fat32’ and then hit the Enter key. Type ‘list vol’ and hit the Enter button to open the list of all volumes.
- Write the ‘Select vol 3’ and press Enter key assuming that the volume number of the EFI partition that you previously noted. Next, type assign and then press the Enter button.
- Again write ‘list vol’ and hit the Enter key to see the Letter (ltr) which is assigned to the EFI partition. You can identify it by looking for Boot in the Info column.
- Next, type bcdboot C:\Windows /l en-gb /s B: /fALL and hit the Enter key.
- After doing this, restart your system and then check if the issue should be gone.
Procedure 3 – SFC Scan
If the previous procedures do not work to resolve the error code 0xC000000F, then you can use the SFC scanner on your Asus system. To execute this procedure, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Windows Key and X key together to open the menu list. Choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option and expand it. Alternatively, go to the Search panel, type ‘cmd’ and then right-click on the search result. Select the Run as Administrator option.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, write ‘SFC/scannow’ and then hit the Enter button to run this command.
- Once it is done, restart your system and then check if the error persists or not.
Procedure 4 – Update the Operating System
This is a very easy procedure to fix the error code 0xC000000F on your Asus system. Check the undermentioned instructions:
- Press the Windows key and I key to open the Settings application.
- In the Settings window, go to the Update and Security section.
- Click on the Update section from the left panel.
- Tap on the Check for Updates option.
- If the update is available, then click on the Update option.
- Once it is done, reboot your system and then check if the issue has been resolved.
Procedure 5 – Uninstall the Third-party Antivirus
Sometimes, uninstall the third-party software can eliminate this particular error on your PC. If you do not know how you can do that, follow the steps carefully:
- Press together the Windows key and S key to launch the Search box, type Control Panel and then press the Enter key.
- In that window, navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- Scroll down the page and find the third-party antivirus application, right click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option. Now, your system will start the uninstallation process.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned procedures will help you to get rid of Asus Error Code 0xC000000F on your system. Follow the steps one by one and solve this issue as soon as possible.