Undoubtedly, Apple Music is a popular music app with a lot of great features. But at times, this app might be problematic due to some reasons. That’s why Apple music app keeps crashing and you see Apple music freezes or the radio stations are not responding accurately. So, in order to know the reasons and its effective fixes for this problem, go through the entire article thoroughly. Here, we are going to discuss all the reliable methods to fix Apple music not working on Mac error without any hassle.
Probable Situations for the Apple Music Not Working on Mac
You might get an error message while you try to play a music ‘Items not available’, ‘Unexpected error code 4010’, or ‘This media is not supported’. Also, Apple Music won’t play songs on your iPhone and you get the notification ‘This Apple ID is only valid for use in the [country’s] store’. Therefore, to remove any error from the root, it is essential to know the causes or the situations which leads to this error. Hence, if you are not aware of the exact cause, take a look at the below-stated points to find why your Apple Music not working on Mac:
- After an iOS update, Apple Music is unable to play songs.
- Some songs get skipped or some are greyed out while playing.
- Apple music is offline.
- The music files are corrupted. So, Apple Music won’t play download songs.
- Apart from that, the service interruption can also lead to this issue in your Apple device.
Here, once you have identified the exact cause and situation for the error Apple music not working on Mac, now we will proceed to the solution part.
Relevant Hacks to Fix Apple Music Not Working on iTunes Mac:
This is indeed an annoying situation for Apple users. Here we are going to discuss some easy hacks to fix this problem quickly. So, if you want to resolve it, follow these methods below:
Method 1: Turn on iCloud Music Library
According to your subscription to Apple music, you can use to access your music library on your all devices. The device must be signed in with the same Apple ID to turn off iCloud music Library. Also, note that you use your iPhone which is signed in with an Apple ID including using for Apple music. To turn on iCloud music library try out the following steps:
- First, go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Then, open ‘music’ folder to turn on it.
- Now, tap on the ‘iCloud music library’ option from the list to toggle it on.
Method 2: Reauthorize your Device and Re-sync Music with iTunes
Rarely, Apple music denies playing songs on your iOS device and many items are not available on your computer. This is because something is wrong during syncing music to your iPhone with iTunes app. There is a high possibility that important music files are lost or missing from your computer. But, it is still stored in the iTunes app. So, the items can ruin your device after syncing the device. So, reauthorize your computer and re-sync music with iTunes. Follow the steps given below:
- At first, go to the Account and then ‘Authorizations’ option too.
- To get permission and access to a computer, use your Apple ID.
- Tap on the ‘Authorize this computer’ option.
- Next, open your account and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Now, press the ‘Authorize’ option to finish the authorization process.
- Lastly, check out the issue that is solved or not totally. If it is not solved, then, just follow the next process.
Method 3: Sync Music from Computer to iPhone with an iTunes Alternative
Due to the failure of transmitting music from computer to your iPhone, Apple music cannot play songs using iTunes or the damaged music files. You can go to the freeware for transferring iOS data. Moreover, you can also copy songs from the computer when your iPhone except for data corruption. Now, go to the following steps to successfully deliver the music from computer to your iPhone:
- First, create a connection to your iPhone to the computer. If a pop-up is prompted on the screen, hit the Trust button.
- Start EaseUS MobiMover free and choose PC to iDevice for transferring songs to your computer.
- Now, click on the iPhone name to import songs from computer to your iPhone and select ‘Audio’ there.
- Additionally, choose ‘Music’ and find out the music files or folders from the top left corner of the screen. When a folder keeps other file types, it is automatically selected by mobimover.
- After that, tap on the ‘Transfer’ folder to download music without iTunes.
- When the method is completed, head over to the Music app to check out the added songs.
Note: Besides storing music on your iPhone, you can also deliver music from iPhone to another iPhone and save important text messages an iPhone to computer and download videos to iPhone.
Method 4: Change the Country of iTunes & App Store
To change the country of iTunes & app store try to implement the following steps and then apply it.
- At first, open the Settings app and scroll down to choose ‘iTunes & app store’.
- Press on your Apple ID and then go to ‘View Apple ID’ to check it.
- Now type your Apple ID and password if it is required.
- Next, select ‘Country/Region’ and go to the ‘Change country or region’ option by clicking on it.
- Hit the ‘Next’ option and press ‘Agree’ too.
- At last, check out the instructions on the screen to complete the set.
Method 5: Restart Mac
This is another easy process to fix the problems in most of the cases. Select any key on the keyboard when you are trying to open and close the lid. Then, follow some steps as mentioned below:
- At first, press and hold the Power button and wait for sometimes.
- After that, hit the Power button again to close your Mac.
- Then, tap Control and Eject key at the same time. A dialogue box appears.
- Next, hit the Enter button and close your Mac. After closing Mac, tap on again power button to restart it.
- Now, tap on Control, Command and Eject key together to start your Mac forcefully.
Check the issue once. If it is not solved, then restart your Mac with using special keys.
Additionally, you should apply this process with total concentration.
A soft restart is an easy way which you can perform quickly. This you can do if you go through what’s following:
- First of all, hit and hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together at one time and wait for 10 seconds.
- When you notice the Apple logo appearing on the screen, release both the buttons.
- Go to your home screen and check if the restart processing is done or not. If this method will not work for your Mac, you go through the next method.
Method 6: Examine your Device Connection
Apart from that, there can be an issue with the internet connection as well. So, you might see this error when you use a poor internet connection. Hence, we recommended you to fix this issue while playing Apple music. So, you need to confirm the device connection. And, you can inspect the connection by connecting other devices on a similar network. If you do not find other devices connected to the network, then the WiFi problem might cause this trouble.
Method 7: Update iTunes & your iPhone
It is essential to check the updates daily. To do that, follow these steps instructed below:
- First, select ‘Help’ from the ‘Settings’ option.
- Next, go to the ‘Check for updates’ by clicking it.
- Update your device if there is a new version available.
Method 8: Check Possible Interruption in your Apple Music Service
One of the most frequent reasons for the Apple music not working on Mac error notification is the service interruption. If you get service interruption when you try to play the Apple music app. Then, you will get the error notification. So, to avoid this, you will need to check for Apple music service failure in your device. Here, you have to fix this issue and then you can try to open the Apple music again.
We already shortlisted all the reasons and solutions of Apple music not working on the Mac. Hence, go through the entire article and implement it accordingly to get fruitful results.