Alexa is Amazon’s highly popular and intelligent virtual AI assistant. To be able to use the services of Alexa, you need to have any of the Amazon Echo devices. However, for setting up these Echo devices, especially Alexa, you must have the Alexa app on your smartphone or computer device.
You may face a wide range of issues with your Alexa app. These issues can badly hamper your ability to use the services of Alexa efficiently. Thankfully, there are some simple troubleshooting tips using which you can resolve all Alexa app-related issues.
Issues you can Face with Alexa App:
If you use the Alexa app, you might come across some of the following issues quite frequently, such as:
- The Alexa app might get stuck while you are performing the setup process of this Echo device.
- Your Alexa app screen suddenly turns black and a white circle keeps on spinning constantly.
- The app gets stuck on the Android device that you are using.
- The Alexa app hangs and all you get to see is a blank white screen that stays even after you restart the device.
- Your Alexa app fails to connect with the Amazon Echo device or devices.
In case, you face one or more than one of the above-mentioned issues, then you need to apply necessary troubleshooting tips to fix them.
Smart Tips to Fix Different Issues on Alexa App:
The troubleshooting tips required to resolve different issues on the Alexa app varies greatly. Go through the following smart tips to successfully resolve various problems that can trouble the Alexa app:
Alexa App Stuck on Setup
The first thing that you must do after purchasing an Alexa device is to set it up with the Alexa app. But sometimes, the setup process can get interrupted due to certain technical issues. If the Alexa app stops working during the Echo device setup, then here’s what you need to:
Make sure that your device is compatible with the fresh version of the Alexa app. If the device isn’t compatible, then the app won’t be able to work properly. This is the basic troubleshooting step to resolve the issue in question.
For advanced troubleshooting solutions, here’s what you need to do.
- First, turn off the smartphone or the computer device and then turn it on.
- Thereafter, uninstall the Alexa app and then reinstall it on your device. Make sure to download the app from a reliable source.
Alexa App Shows a Spinning Circle
If the screen of the Alexa app goes blank and all you see is a circle spinning all along, then here’s what you must do:
- At first, uninstall the Alexa app and then reinstall it once again. Thereafter, reboot the Echo device and then delete all the system cache and stored data from your device.
- Make sure that your smartphone or PC is working properly. If there is no problem with these devices, then you may need to reset this echo device.
- To reset the Echo device, simply turn it upside down. Then using a hair clip or a paper pin, press and hold the Reset button located at the button of the Echo devices. Press and hold the button until the light ring turns orange.
Alexa App Stuck on Android
Sometimes, the Alexa app can get stuck on your Android smartphone. This may happen when the Alexa version that you are using is outdated. To resolve the issue, here’s what you have to do:
- Firstly, visit the ‘Playstore’ on your Android device and then look for the Alexa app.
- If you find the ‘Update’ option on the screen, simply tap on it and then update the Alexa app.
- Once the process of update is complete, relaunch the application on your device. Now, you will be able to use the application on your Android device without any hassle.
However, at times, the Alexa app may stop functioning while setting it up on your Android device. This can happen due to incorrect date and time on your mobile phone. To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Reach the ‘Device Settings’ option on your smartphone. Then click on the ‘Date and Time’ option.
- Thereafter, simply tap on the ‘Automatic date and time’ option to enable it.
Alexa App Stuck on the White Screen
Sometimes, during the crucial setup process, the Alexa app can get stuck on a white screen. This screen may not go away even after you have restarted the devices or reinstalled the app. Here’s what you should do in such a situation:
- The first thing that you must do is to perform a hard reset on your Alexa Echo device. To reset the device, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous section.
- If the issue still exists, then you need to verify the IP address given for the Echo device.
- Login to your router’s Settings page, and then go to ‘Setup’ and choose the LAN setup. Now, go to the ‘Network address server settings’ and verify the IP. If this IP conflicts with other devices, do change the IP address.
Alexa App Fails to Connect with Echo Devices
In case the Alexa app is unable to connect with your Amazon Echo device or the app shows offline during setup, then you may follow these steps:
- Turn off the Smart Network switch on your device. To do so, go to ‘Wi-Fi Settings’ and then uncheck the ‘Smart Network switch’ option.
- Moreover, if you have a VPN or proxy server, then you must disable or turn them off.
- If you have a technical background, you can also change the ROM installed on your smartphone.
- After you have gone through one of the above solutions, you must try attempting the setup of the Alexa app.
To sum up, it is not uncommon to have technical issues with the Alexa app. To deal with the Alexa app not working issue, you may refer to the simple solutions mentioned above.