Adobe error 148:3 is one of the annoying issues while you try to make a business presentation and run the Adobe products for it. You may come across the unexpected error message, “Error 148:3” and it may appear in a different form as “License has stopped working”. Therefore, without fixing this critical error, you won’t able to use it further.
Major Symptoms Of Adobe Error
There are some common symptoms you may come across while you want to access the Adobe files. It alert the users about the license issue.
- A dialog box with the message “License is Expired” is displayed on the screen while you try to open an Adobe file.
- The active Adobe file starts to crash automatically.
- You can see that the System start to freeze after several attempts to open or access the Adobe file.
Fix Adobe Error 148:3 With Proven Steps
There are several steps to fix the Adobe Error 148:3 quickly. Here we are going to talk about some of the easy steps that will help you to resolve the Adobe issue permanently.
Upgrade License Service
An outdated Software license creates this Adobe error 148:3 at any time. Moreover, it stops to work after a certain time.
- Close all the active Adobe Application.
- Press Windows key and type “devicemngr” in the Search box.
- Now, hit the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- Here, you will get a list of hardware devices which you have already installed in your system.
- Choose the Adobe license service folder and double-tap on it.
- Select the installer file and right-click on it.
- Click on the Update option from the appeared popped-up menu.
- It will take few minutes to complete the entire process. Once done, close the Device Manager window.
- Finally, reboot the PC and check whether the Adobe Error 148:3 appears on the screen.
Go For A Manual Set Up
Most of the time, a manual setup can fix the Adobe license issue. Moreover, a correct setup helps to enhance the performance of the Adobe files.
- First, click on the Start button and open the Search box.
- In the search box type “Control” and press Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, double-click on the Administrative Tools. Choose the Service tab.
- Tap on the Startup Type menu and set the service as Manual.
- Tap on the Apply button and confirm it by pressing the OK button.
- Close all the open active dialog boxes and window.
- When done, restart the system and launch the Adobe Application to check its status.
Run Windows Service Manager
The Windows Service Manager is a built-in tool to fix the service regarding the error. You can fix this Adobe error by running it properly.
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Service Manager window.
- Choose your account and as well as specify the account.
- Tap on the OK button and close the Services window.
- When done, reboot the system and check whether the Adobe Error 148:3 is resolved or not.
Rename FlexNet Folder
- Double-tap on This PC or My Computer and open it.
- Go to the C drive and double-tap on it.
- Choose ProgramData from the resultant window and launch it.
- Click on the option Rename from the drop-down menu.
Remove SQLite Journaling File
Sometimes, the database file corruption triggers the Adobe error. Hence, the data storing process fails to work.
- Open the Windows Explorer and go to the folder Program Files. Double-tap on it.
- Choose the Common File under the Program Files and double-click on it to launch.
- Launch the Adobe Folder and Adobe PCD under the Adobe.
- Open the Cache and delete the cache.db-journal(database-oriented file) if it exists.
- Once done, close the Explorer window.
- Finally, open the Adobe Application and check whether it is working or not.
Re-install Adobe Product
A corrupted system file causes Adobe Error 148:3. Without performing an uninstallation process, you won’t able to fix this critical error.
- Press Windows key and launch the Start menu.
- Type “Control” in the Search box and hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Choose Programs and Features from the list of programs.
- Click on the Uninstall a Program option that will represent a window with installed application programs on your system.
- Choose the Adobe Products one by one and right-click on them.
- Select the option ‘Uninstall’ to remove it.
- Now, click on the Yes button from the appeared confirmation dialog box.
- It will take several times to complete the uninstallation process.
- After successful completion of the uninstallation, go to the Adobe Official site and install the latest version.
From the above context, you can get a thorough idea about the Adobe Error 148:3. Moreover, it will help you to know the symptoms and get Fixed Adobe Error 148:3. Furthermore, we have briefly discussed the various ways to sort out this annoying issue. We hope, this article will help you to resolve any Adobe related issues within a short period of time.