Epson is a well-known brand in the professional market. When we think about the scanners, Epson printer strikes first in our mind. Epson scanners hold its position due to its superior printing as well as scanning quality. But nowadays, the users of the Epson scanner often face difficulties while setting up their Epson scanner for the first time. If you are in the same situation, then you have just arrived at the right page. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the Epson V500 scanner setup procedure. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below to know the overall procedure in details.
Epson V500 Scanner Setup: Easy and Effective Process
Using the Epson Perfection V500 scanner, you can quickly scan your photos, slides, documents as well as negatives in several types of file. Also, you can preserve them to your flash drive. Follow the Epson V500 scanner setup procedure given below.
Before going to the setup process, perform the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to log in to the computer that is connected with your Epson scanner with the help of the library card barcode.
- Connect the flash drive with the USB port of your computer.
- Now, you have to click twice on the Epson Scan button.
- After that, you need to confirm that you have set the mode of the scanner to Full Auto Mode.
- Click on the ‘Customize’ option.
- Now, click on the option ‘Save Settings.’
- Go to the flash drive and perform the following:
- Choose another Radio button.
- Now, you will see a new window and select the ‘Browse’ option.
- On the next window, you have to click on ‘+’ (plus). You will find this ‘+’ option near to the ‘Computer’ option.
- Choose ‘E:\ Removable Disk’ for the flash disk.
- Select the image format (PDF for the Documents and JPG for the negative/slide/photo) from the File Settings window. Now, you have to hit on the Ok button.
- Close all the windows that are currently running in the system.
- After inserting the flash disk to the scanner, you need to open the cover of the scanner. Then, align the photo or document at the top-right corner that is denoted by an arrow. Now, you have to close the cover.
- Click on the Scan option from the computer. Now, your Epson scanner will show you a preview. Determine the page format as well as set the scanning resolution. After that, the scanner will start to scan the file and save it. At this time, you will see the flash disk content window.
- Now, exit from the window by pressing the Alt and F4 key both at the same time.
Using the Slide/Film Holders:
If you want to scan the slides or negatives, then you need to get the help of a slide/film holder.
- At first, you have to remove the scanner mat of the document from the base of the scanner lid.
- Then, you have to place the negatives or slides face down toward the holders.
- Every type of component correlated with a letter on its holder (e.g. C = Slides).
- Adjust the similar lettered tab with the printer slot at the left side of the flatbed. The item which is going to be scanned needs to line up at the middle with the glass window in the printer lid.
From here, you need to perform the ‘Basic Scanning’ steps discussed earlier. Now, the scanner will identify the type of element as well as choose a relevant resolution.
Know How to Scan the Multi-Page Document in a Single File:
Before going to scan multi-page documents, you need to set up the scanner by performing the steps mentioned earlier. After that, follow the steps as follows:
- After opening the software, you have to select the Office Mode.
- Click on the File Save Settings icon located at the right side of the screen.
- Now, you have to choose the location to save the file. Try to save the file in ‘E:\ Removable Disk’ location.
- Next, you need to select the PDF format for the documents.
- After scanning, you will see the Show Add Page dialog box. Now, you have to tick the box.
- After every page, you need to select the ‘Save the file’ or ‘Add additional pages’ option.
To scan those documents which are longer than 10 pages per file or up to 30 pages in total, you need to install the Automatic Document Feeder by detaching as well as lifting the cover of your Epson scanner. The Epson scanner never scans both-sided documents but you need to scan both sides of every page. Hence, you need to organize the pages of your file. Follow the below steps to organize this:
- After performing the above steps, you need to make sure that you have checked the Show Add Page dialog box.
- When you will see the dialog box, select the Edit page to handle different pages in a document.
Additional Guide: Quick Epson V500 Scanner Setup Guide
Follow the setup steps given below for Epson V500 scanner setup:
- At first, unpack the Epson V500 printer. Remove it from the shielding tape.
- Now, you have to install the required printer software using the DVD/CD comes with your Epson printer. Don’t attach the USB wire with the computer. Click on the ‘Install’ option and then follow the on-screen directions. When the Windows prompt the ‘Run Epsetup.exe’ option, you have to click on it.
- Then, you have to connect the AC adapter of the printer. To connect it, plug in the adapter with the power supply.
- Now, press the Power button of your Epson printer to turn it on.
- Keep the document that you want to scan at the appropriate position. Press the Start button of your Epson V500 printer.
- Click on the ‘Scan’ option.
- Now the Epson printer will start to scan the document in Full Auto Mode. Wait for a few seconds until the scanner finishes the scanning procedure.
- After that, you can view your photo by navigating to the My Pictures or Pictures folder of your Computer.
In the above guide, we have provided some easy Epson V500 scanner setup process. Apply them and make a difference in the situation you are in. We hope, it will help you to set up the scanner in a proper way in a short span of time. After performing the above steps, if you still face any trouble, then you should contact a tech expert. Additionally, you can also share your queries through the comment box given below.