Discord is a video calling and screen sharing application with which you can communicate with your friends or the gaming community. Here, we will discuss screen sharing using Discord application. We will also look upon the process of enabling video calling as well as screen-sharing features.
Follow all the instructions very carefully, which will be helpful to set up a suitable group of video callers. It will also help to create gaming, social or business group chats as well.
How to Screen Share on Discord?
Before learning the process to share the screen, you must know the steps to enable Discord video calling and its various features.
Enable Video Calling Feature
To enable video calling in Discord application, follow the steps that are as given here.
- First, you need to set your device’s camera perfectly in order to initiate a video call. For this, access the “Settings” application that is present beneath the “Username” icon on the Discord application.
- Now, go to the left menu and select the “App Settings” to choose the “Voice and Video” option. Then adjust the necessary settings for the voice and video chat.
- Proceed by scrolling down the video settings. Next, select the name of your video camera or webcam.
- Make sure that you take a test video to verify that the camera or the webcam is working correctly.
- When a pop-up message dialog box appears on the top-left corner of the screen, asking you for the access to the video cam, click on “Allow”.
- Now open the “Friends” option to add friends. On clicking on a particular friend’s name, the video icon will show.
Thereafter, click on it to start a video calling session.
Share Screen While Video Calling
Now, lets elaborate on the screen sharing facility with the help of simple and easy steps.
- While the video calling process is underway, look for an icon that is present on the far left side of the window. So, click to expand it to a certain size.
- The two icons located at the bottom of the screen will help you to swap the video call and share the screen. You can identify the screen-sharing icon, which looks like a computer monitor with an arrow at the center.
- Click on the icon to share the screen on a specific window. You can also interchange the video calling and sharing features by clicking on the screen share icon.
We hope that you can easily turn on the feature of Discord screen share by following the steps above.
How to Deal with Video Calling and Screen Sharing Features?
Here, we are covering some features related to video calling and sharing on Discord for desktop. They are as follows.
This feature helps you to choose a particular video screen that you like to see. Just click on the icon that you want to choose and the video will appear on the display.
Sound Sharing Facility
When you are sharing the screen with someone, you can turn the sound on or off if you want. You can do this by clicking on the sound ON or OFF options.
Besides, there are features to toggle between front and back cameras while using Discord. In case, you want to disable the phone’s mic on the chat server, there are settings on the Discord application to do so.
Solve Issues Related with Discord Screen Sharing
You might face a few problems while video chatting on Discord and sharing the screen with others. The problems include outdated audio driver, malfunction in the voice settings, corrupted Discord application, and many more.
So, follow the steps below to resolve all these problems and run the Discord application smoothly. They are as follows.
- Update your audio driver before starting the application or you might face problems while video calling someone. You can also update the driver all at a time by initiating Windows Update.
- Clear all the cache and junk files of the Discord, so you do not face any difficulty while sharing a screen with someone.
- When the application doesn’t start properly, assume that the software got corrupted somehow. Hence, uninstall the software completely and then restart your computer.
If you keep experiencing issues while enabling screen sharing on Discord, reinstall the software.