Norton 360 is one of the most popular antiviruses which enjoys a vast user-base. However, despite being a popular one it is not free from the occasional flaws. Users are generally unable to disable Norton 360. One should be aware of this process as it helps in rectifying various problems. So, if you have no idea about how to disable Norton 360, then you are in the perfect page. With the help of this article, you will be able to troubleshoot this bug on a quick note. This article contains a step by step guidance which will help you out.
Know How to disable Norton 360: Try Out the Easy Steps!
Here is some expert provided steps, using which, you will be able to perform this action on your own.
Method 1: Turn off Norton 360 temporarily
If you want to turn off your Norton antivirus temporarily, then, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, tap on the small triangle which is situated on your Windows taskbar in order to open the notification bar. Once done, you have to place a right click on the Norton Antivirus icon for a list of options against the security suite.
- After that, tap on the “Disable Smart Firewall”, in order to shut down this firewall temporarily.
- Next, you have to tap on the “Disable Antivirus Auto-Protect”, in order to temporarily disable the antivirus protection.
- In this case, you can set the amount of time you want to disable the program.
If you want to Uninstall your Antivirus, then, you can follow these steps.
Method 2: Uninstall Norton Antivirus
In order to uninstall this antivirus, you have to follow these steps mentioned below.
- At first, go to the Windows panel as well as locate the search bar.
- In the search bar, you have to search for the control panel.
- Once you become able to go to the control panel. Now, you have to search for the option named’ programs and features”.
- Here, you will be able to see the list of installed applications present in your system.
- From that option, you have to locate the Norton 360 antivirus.
- Once done, you have to tap on the Uninstall option.
- After that, you will be able to uninstall this application on your own.
In this way, you will be able to perform this action on a quick note.
Method 3: Turn off task notifications
For turning off the task notifications, you have to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Go to the Norton option.
- In case, if you see the My Norton window, tap on next to the Device Security as well as tap on the open option.
- On the main window of Norton, you have to tap on the settings option.
- In the Settings option, you have to tap on the Settings window as well as click on the Administrative Settings.
- On the Norton Task Notification row, you have to make the switch on or off.
- Tap on the option which is Apply, as well as click on the close.
The above-mentioned solutions will help you to perform this action on your own. In that case, you have to follow each and every step carefully. Try to avoid step jumping as this can cause severe damage. If you encounter any kind of glitches, then you can share your thoughts with us via your important comments. On that note, let’s conclude this topic and see you in the next one.