A digital TV tuner application helps the smart TVs to obtain the signals that are coming from the local Television stations. Some users also use the Digital TV tuner device registration application on their computer. However, the computer can slow down due to this tuner application. And hence, removing this application from the system can increase its speed efficiently.
If you are facing the same issue on your computer and tired of searching how to disable digital tv tuner device registration application, then you have just arrived at the right place. Hence, you are advised to go through the article thoroughly. Here, we have mentioned the fixes to resolve TV tuner device registration application issues.
What the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is?
The digital TV tuner device registration application is a programmed task that is an essential part of Windows Media Player. This application can help you to watch the digital premium cable channels directly from the cable service provider on the computer. Furthermore, it is known as ‘ehprivjob.exe.’ Basically, it is a non-system procedure occurring from the software that is installed on your computer.
What Causes the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error?
The principal reason for digital TV tuner device registration application error is the ‘ehPrivjob.exe’ process. This process looks for several tuners of cable that is connected with the computer. It is an executable file which is saved on the hard disk and holds several machine codes. Hence, when you run the Windows media center procedure, then ‘ehprivjob.exe’ will start to run on the PC automatically. This file enters on your PC while installing any software on the computer.
Most of the applications that are installed on your computer will save data on its registry. Hence, the digital TV tuner application might break into parts, thereby generating wrong entries. That’s why it slows down the performance of the computer.
Furthermore, you can also check the Task Manager that might be the reason behind the Windows media center procedure. Hence, you need to hit the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys simultaneously from the keyboard and hold them for a few seconds.
Now, you are aware of the reasons behind this problem. Hence, you just need some easy tricks to turn off digital tv tuner device registration application.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Issues
To turn off digital tv tuner device registration application, you need to have a glance at the steps given below.
Solution 1: Turn Off the Windows Features
To block the digital TV tuner application, you should try to turn off the Windows features to check if it can solve the issue. To perform this, you need to follow the steps as follows:
- At first, move the cursor to the left bottom corner of the screen and click on the Start logo. Then, look at the left side of the Start menu and click on the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, you have to search for the ‘Programs and Features’ option. Then, tap on it.
- Or if you prefer, you can also launch the Run command box. Hit the R and Window key, both at the same time. Now, you have to type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Run command box. Then, click on the Ok button or hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Click on the ‘Turn on’ or ‘Turn off’ to turn on or off the Windows feature.
- Now, you have to scroll down the list and search for the Media Features. Then, to expand it you need to tap on the ‘+’ sign.
- Then, find the option ‘Windows Media Center.’ You will see a box near this option. Untick the box.
- Now, you have to save the changes. Hit on the Ok button.
- After that, you need to restart the PC.
Now, check if the issue is resolved or not. If the issue still persists then go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Use the Resource Monitor
Use the Resource Monitor to check if it can fix digital tv tuner device registration application issues. To perform this, you need to stick to the steps as follows:
- Hit the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc key simultaneously from the keyboard to launch the Task Manager. Or if you prefer you can also navigate to the taskbar and right-click on it. Then, choose the option ‘Task Manager’ from the list.
- Now, you have to click on the Performance tab in the Task Manager window. Look at the left bottom side of the window and tap on the option ‘Open Resource Monitor.’ You can also open this by using the Run Command box. To open this, you need to hit the Windows and R both at the same time from the keyboard. Type ‘resmon’ and hit the Enter to run the command.
- Next, you have to check the Disk sections, Memory and CPU.
- After that, locate the ‘ehprivjob.exe’ option from the current window. Then, you need to right-click on it. Choose the option ‘End Process’ to stop it.
It is also a better option to prevent other unnecessary processes that are running on your PC. This will also help you to get free from undesired applications that are only slowing down the system.
Now, check whether the issue still persists or not. If you still face the same issue, then implement the next method.
Solution 3: Disable the Scheduled Task
According to some users, they fixed digital tv tuner device registration application issues by disabling the scheduled task. Hence, to disable the scheduled task you need to perform the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu by pressing the Windows key from the keyboard.
- Then, type ‘Task Scheduler’ option in the search field. As a result, it will show the ‘Task Scheduler’ option. Click on it.
- In the left side of the Task Scheduler window, you will see the ‘Task Scheduler Library’ option. Click on it. Then, choose the option ‘Microsoft.’ Go to the ‘Windows’ option.
- Now, find for the particular folder where the ‘ehdrminit’ file is placed. Right-click on it. Choose Disable from the list.
Solution 4: Remove the DRM Folder
You can also fix this issue by removing the DRM folder from your system. To perform this, you need to execute the steps given below:
- At first, go to the My Computer folder of the computer system.
- Then, you have to choose the option ‘Programs.’
- Now, you will see a list. Find the Data folder from the list and click on it.
- Next, tap on the option ‘Microsoft.’ Choose the option ‘Windows’ from the Microsoft window.
- Remove the Digital Right Management or DRM folder from this window.
- After that, you have to restart the computer to save the changes.
Now, after performing the above steps, you need to check whether the issue still persists or not. If you still face the same issue, then move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Remove the ehprivjob.exe
Remove the ehprivjob.exe file to check if it can solve the issue. To remove it, you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, hit the Windows key and R to launch the Run command box.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Run dialog box.
- It will open the Control Panel with several programs as well as features on the screen of the computer.
- Find the option ‘Windows Media Center’ from this window and right-click on it. Choose the option ‘uninstall’ to remove it.
Now, if the issue still occurs, then follow the next method.
Solution 6: Uninstall the TV Tuner
After performing all the methods discussed in the above section if you still face the same problem, then you need to uninstall the TV tuner. To uninstall the TV tuner you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, go to the Start menu. Then, click on the option ‘Control Panel.’ You will see this on the left side of the Start menu.
- Search for the option ‘Programs and Features.’ Then, tap on it.
- Now, you will see a list of all programs that are installed on your system. Search for the digital TV tuner app and tap on it.
- Navigate to the upper right side of the display and tap on the option ‘Uninstall.’
- Now, you have to follow the on-screen uninstallation guide. Then, wait for a few seconds until the process completes.
- Next, navigate to the option ‘Registry Editor.’ To open the Registry Editor, you need to hit the R and Windows key both at the same time. It will open the Run command box. Then, type ‘regedit’ and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run it.
- As a result. It will navigate you to the Registry Editor window. Go to the address given below. Then, search for the folders contains the digital TV tuner application. Remove these from your computer.
- After that, you have to go to the address given below. Then, remove those entries from the system.
On the Whole
In the above discussion, we have provided some of the easiest solutions to turn off digital tv tuner device registration application. We hope if you implement the above steps in their given order, it will definitely help you to ease up your pain. After successfully performing the above steps if you still face any kind of issue, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.