Dell E514dW is one of the multifunctional scanning devices which is capable to generate the multiple copies without any major technical problem. Moreover, its excellent output quality with vibrant and colorful images easily represent the business project uniquely. Similarly, its multi-functional unit enhances a better throughput without compromising the printing quality and the time taken. However, all the facilities you can avail if and only after you successfully perform the Dell Multifunction Printer E514dW Setup accurately and there is no configuration error. However, we are going to discuss the effective steps to complete the Dell printer download and installation process by avoiding all the possible errors.
Complete the Dell Multifunction Printer E514dW Setup with Simple Steps
When you install the Dell Multifunction Printer E514dW, you need to maintain some of the technical steps sequentially. There are various ways to perform the Dell Multifunction Printer E514dW Setup without any hassle. If you are a tech-savvy person, then you can perform the manual process. Otherwise, you can complete the process from the wizard window or from the Dell scanner front panel without any technical error.
Perform Setup from Scanner Front Panel
- First, hit the Menu button from the Dell Printer Setup window and choose System from the sub-menu.
- Select the Admin Menu from the System Properties window and click on the Network option.
- Choose Wireless Setup from the Network section and click on the network name from the list of the available networks.
- Enter the Network passcode to create a secure wireless connection.
- Next, print the setting report to confirm that the printer is connected to the device through the wireless network.
Download and Install Dell Printer E514dW via Automatic Wizard
- Turn on the PC and Dell printer properly.
- Now, disconnect all the cable and wires connected to the printer.
- After that, launch the browser window by tapping on one of the fastest browsers and open the Dell Official website.
- Next, click on the Download driver tab and wait for a few minutes to download.
- After completing the download process, save that file on the desktop.
- Now, double-click on that new folder and run the installation file. You need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- It will take a couple of minutes to finish the entire installation process. When done, click on the Finish button and reboot the printer.
- Connect the printer and the PC through the USB cable and check whether the Dell Multifunction Printer E514dW Setup is done properly or not.
Manual Dell Printer Setup Process
- Connect the Dell Multifunction Printer E514dW printer driver via USB cables and get connected to the computer.
- Now. download the driver file from the Dell official link and extract the setup file from the downloaded folder. Copy the location of this file and close that window.
- Type”control” in the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Then, select the Devices and Printers option from the list of varieties functions.
- Now, click on the + icon to expand the Dell printer driver and click the Add a Printer.
- After that, enter the printer driver path that you have copied already.
- Next, follow the Wizard window instructions and complete the setup process manually.
Facing Issue With Dell Printer Setup? Resolve It Immediately
Sometimes, you get stuck with an error while you are trying to perform the Dell Multifunction Printer E514dW Setup. Moreover, your device stops to give real-time respond after several attempts Similarly, you can encounter the Dell printer offline error after completing the installation process. Therefore, you won’t able to perform any single task through this multifunctional printer. There are lots of common issues responsible for this problem. If you identify the problematic factors, then you can resolve the problem quickly.
- Network connection error is one of the problems that causes the Dell Printer setup problem very often.
- Outdated Printer driver sometimes prevents the update operation and create a significant error regarding the scanner setup.
- Device platform incompatibility is another crucial reason for making his problem effectively.
- If you are using the outdated version of the Firmware, then it fails to perform the Dell Multifunction Printer E514dW Setup without fixing it.
Verify Network Connection
If you are a user of the wired network, then first check the ethernet cable. If it is found as defective, try to replace it as soon as possible to remove the connection error. Similarly, repair the USB port also if it is found as damaged, immediately for getting a stable network connection.
In the case of the wireless printer, you need to check the WiFi signal first. If you see the signal is dropping on a frequent basis, then modify the network settings. To perform it, you might follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the WiFi icon and choose Open Network & Internet Settings option.
- In the Network settings window, click on the Networking tab.
- Choose the Network Type from the appeared list by placing ticks on the IPV4 and IPV6 protocols.
- Now, click on the Apply button and the OK button to apply the recent changes.
- Once done, close the window and connect the Dell printer to your device to check whether the same issue occurs or not.
If you still see that the WiFi signal is togging or won’t able to give a steady signal, then contact your ISP for an immediate technical fix.
Update Printer Driver
- Click on the Start menu and launch the Start menu.
- Type “devicemngr” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- Here, you can see the hardware devices which are already installed in your system. choose Devices and printers.
- Expand the Printer categories and select the Dell printer device model.
- Right-click on the device name and choose the option Update Driver from the appeared menu.
- Confirm the process by tapping the YES button from the resultant dialog box. The process will start automatically after getting confirmation from you.
- Now, wait until the entire update program is completed.
- When done it will show a confirmation message and restart the device.
- Finally, try to take a hardcopy from this Dell printer and check whether the Dell printer setup error is resolved or not.
Upgrade Printer Firmware
- Open the Printer Settings window and click on the Application tab.
- Select the Utility options from the drop-down list and choose the scanner name.
- Now, hit the Select button and make sure that you have selected the correct printing device.
- Choose the Network connection type ether TPC/IP or USB cable for connecting the wireless printer.
- Next, choose the Dell printer type and write down its IP address into the specific field. Now, confirm printer type and connection type by tapping the Add button.
- From the resultant window, choose the option Update Firmware from the left side.
- Then, select the Firmware file which you want to update and click on the Open button to make sure that you have selected the correct file.
- After that, hit the Enter button to start the Printer firmware upgrade process and wait until it shows a confirmation message.
- When done, click on the Finish button and reboot the system as well as the restart the scanning device. Now, check whether the Dell printer is working properly or not.
Update Windows OS
- First, click on the Start icon and launch the Start menu.
- Choose the Settings app from that appeared menu.
- Navigate the System and Security section and click on the Check for Updates button.
- It will show you the available updates if any and wait until the Windows update is done successfully.
- When done, the system will restart automatically and now connect the printer to that device to check whether the scanning issue persists or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the process of “how to perform the Dell Multifunction Printer E514DW Setup without any hassle?” Moreover, we have analyzed the possible symptoms and significant reasons for this critical issue. Furthermore, we have given some of the effective solutions that will help you to handle this annoying issue immediately. So, we have this content will be beneficial for the Dell printer users especially it is helpful for the non-tech-savvy persons to fix those problems permanently.