Setting up a printer is the first step before using it. After a successful Dell c1760nw color laser printer setup, you may even start using it wirelessly. That way, not only you will be able to get the best use out of it, but also avoid a lot of the trouble that might come your way otherwise.
In this context, we will explore the prominent method to set up the Dell c1760nw color laser printer setup in the earliest. So, we recommend that you should go through this complete guideline provided by us very carefully and attentively.
Step 1: Prepare for the Installation
If you want to set up your printer on a wireless network or a wired network, at first, you have to note down the network name and the password. Then, you have to turn on the router, computer, and the printer.
- First of all, note down the following things which are required later in this setup process:
- Security passphrase: WEP key or WPA
- Network name: The network name is the SSID.
- Then, make sure that your computer is connected to the wireless network.
You have to remember these following important things before performing the Dell c1760nw color laser printer setup process.
- Internet access is required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use the web services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the official website.
- Place your Dell c1760nw printer close to the computer during the installation.
You have to turn on your router, printer and computer and check if the computer is also connected to the same wireless network, through which you have connected your Dell printer.
- Now, if the USB cable is connected to the printer, just disconnect it.
- If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, then remove the USB installation before you continue.
- First, search Windows for your printer model name, then click on the printer name which you borrow, from the list of the results.
- After clicking on the printer name, ‘The Printer Software’ is automatically opened.
- Now, Click on Utilities, and then click on the ‘Printer Setup & Software Selection’ option.
- Now, choose one option between the two ‘Convert a USB connected printer to wireless’ and ‘Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows’.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.
Step 2: Connect your Dell c1760nw Color Laser Printer to the Wireless Network
You have to configure the network settings and connect your printer to a Wi-Fi network properly if you want to print photos from email, Facebook or other platforms. If you do the WiFi setup incorrectly, then you might face problems like spooler issue, paper jam, etc. So, if you are not confident regarding the Wireless setup of Dell c1760nw color laser printer, then you should go through the procedures given below in the following section.
Using Dell Easy Installer or Wireless Setup Wizard
Dell c1760nw printers are coming with a compatible installation guide and the easy installer. This Dell easy installer helps to connect your Dell printer automatic to the Wi-Fi network and helps the users to perform the Dell c1760nw color laser printer setup with ease. To do this, you need to perform these easy below steps one by one:
- You can find the Dell easy installer software in the installation CD which comes with your Dell printer.
- Now, connect the Dell c1760nw color laser printer to your computer with a cable wire, and then insert the installation CD.
- After inserting the CD, open the CD folder. You will find a file named ‘setup.exe’. Click on this file which helps to run the installer automatically.
- During installation, fill the wireless network name and Wi-Fi password which you will note down previously.
- After completing the whole installation process, disconnect your Dell printer from the computer.
- Now, wait for sometime to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- After connecting, try to print something over Wi-Fi.
Sometimes, by performing this process, the printer is unable to connect to the wireless network automatically. If you face such a condition, you have to connect your Dell printer manually by printer panel, WPS button or settings.
Using the Printer Panel
You can configure the network settings or connect your Dell printer from the printer panel. So, you can be able to perform the Dell c1760nw color laser printer setup by using the Dell printer panel as well. You have to follow the below guidelines one by one to do so:
- First of all, turn on your Printer.
- Now, click on the System Button of the printer.
- Now, open the Admin Menu.
- You will find the Network Option. Select it.
- After that, navigate to ‘wireless setup’.
- By choosing this option, you can see a list of all available wireless networks. You have to choose the exact Wi-Fi network which you want to connect to your Dell printer.
- After choosing the exact Wi-Fi network, you have to invoke the ‘Password authentication’ window.
- When the window will prompt, enter the password of the wireless network.
- At last, select the Ok button.
We hope your Dell printer will be connected to the Wi-Fi by using the Control Panel. Now, you have to install the drivers and softwares to set up your Dell printer perfectly.
Using the WPS button
The best thing about this Dell c1760nw has the Wireless protected setup (WPS) feature and undoubtedly, it is the most effective method for connecting your Dell c1760nw printer to the Wi-Fi. By following the below steps, you can easily connect your printer with the wireless network:
- First of all, you have to press and hold the WPS button on your printer.
- When a message like “WPS method is running” appears on the screen of your printer, remove the WPS button.
- Wait for two minutes, and then press and hold the WPS button on your router for ten seconds.
- Once it is done, you need to wait for two minutes for both the devices to connect.
- After completing the above steps, check whether the printer is successfully connected with the Wi-Fi or not by printing a settings report.
Using the USB Cable
You can easily connect your Dell c1760nw printer to Wifi by using the USB cable. To do so, follow the steps instructed below:
- At first, you need to insert the software installation disc that came with your Dell printer. Start the installation process of the Dell printer software. You need to ensure that you install the software on your system that has access to the network of the router.
- Now, you need to connect your printer to the system by using the USB.
- Then, tap on the Start button and select the Programs option.
- Choose the ‘Dell Printers’ option and select the ‘Dell Printer Home’ option.
- Now, hit the ‘Settings Tab’ and select the ‘Wireless Setup Utility’ option.
- Now, you will get a list of all the available networks. After that, choose your required Wi-Fi network under the list of available networks. Tap on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now, you need to enter the password of your Wifi network to access the internet. If a pop-up dialog appears asking whether you want to allow your Dell software to access your network, tap on the ‘Continue’ or ‘Ok’ button.
Step 3: Download and Install the Printer Software
To complete the whole Dell c1760nw color laser printer setup process, you have to download and install the printer software from the official site of Dell. You can also download this software from the installation CD. Here are the simple steps to guide you with the same:
Download from the Official Site of Dell
If you don’t get the installation CD with the printer, then you can also download it from the Dell Support site. To download the software from the official site, you need to follow the steps instructed below:
- First, go to the official site.
- Now, enter the model number of your printer.
- Then, choose the ‘Drivers and Downloads’ option.
- Under this option, you can find the ‘Driver setup’ option. Click on this option.
- After clicking this option, a setup dialogue box will appear on the screen.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver of your Dell printer.
Download from the Installation CD
To download from the installation CD, you have to follow these easy steps mentioned below:
- First of all, turn on your printer.
- Then, disconnect all the USB cables from your printer. If it’s needed then the software installation automatically prompts to connect the USB cables.
- Now, go to the Dell customer support file which you can find in the CD. Then, go to the ‘Drivers and softwares’ on the CD.
- When the Start page appears on the screen, then choose Printer. Now, type your printer model number, and select the Submit button.
- Change the operating system which is compatible with the printer. If you have to change the version, click on the Change button. Then, choose the version, and click on the Change button.
- Now, go to the ‘Driver heading’.
- After that, download the full software package or you can select the ‘Basic Drivers’ to download the other drivers.
In this article, we have provided the proper guidelines to perform the Dell c1760nw color laser printer setup process. Follow the steps one by one to set up your Dell printer without any hassle. If you have any further questions regarding this setup process, then you can leave it in the comment section or can opt for a professional’s help.