D-Link cloud router 2000 is a wireless device which uses dual-band feature that supports both the wireless signals, the 2.4 and 5 GHz simultaneously. The wireless speed ranges from 300 Mbps to 300 Gbps. In this article, you will get the setup procedure of the D-Link cloud router 2000. If you know the procedure of how to set up the router, then on the occurrence of some issue you can rectify the problem. In the next section, we will discuss the reason behind the need to know the process of setting up the D-Link router.
Reasons Behind the Setup Process of D-Link Cloud Router 2000
This section will provide you with causes to set up the D-Link router. Follow the steps below to know those reasons.
- When the router is new, then you will have to set it up accordingly.
- If the configuration settings got altered, then also the knowledge of the setup process will be beneficial.
- When the router is reset you can then set it up correctly again.
In the upcoming section, there will be answers on how to set up the D-Link cloud router 2000 easily.
Steps to Setup the D-Link Cloud Router 2000
In this section of the article, there will be several steps that will guide you to set up this router in a proper manner.
Ways to Access the Setup Page
- First, launch the default web browser, then on the address bar type the address “192.168.0.1” and hit the key ‘Enter’.
- This will open the ‘Login’ window of the router configuration page. In that window, type the username as it given and leave the password area blank and click the ‘Login’ button.
- Once you have done that, the setup page will come up. In the setup page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the button ‘Manual Internet Connection Setup’.
Configure the D-Link Cloud Router 2000 for Cable Internet Connection
In order to set up the router for the cable internet connection, follow the steps below.
- On the setup page, go to the section ‘Internet Connection Type’. Under that section, for the label ‘My Internet Connection is’ choose the option ‘Dynamic IP (DHCP) from the drop-down list.
- After that, under the section ‘Dynamic IP (DHCP) Internet Connection Type:’ go to end and select the button ‘Clone Your PC’s MAC Address’.
- Now, if you do not have the ‘Host Name’, Primary DNS Server’ etc., then let them be as it is and simply click on the ‘Save Settings’ button at last.
Using the PPPoE or DSL Connection to Configure the D-Link Router
If in the section ‘Internet Connection Type’ beside the label ‘My Internet Connection is:’, you have chosen the option ‘PPPoE (Username / Password) from the drop-down menu, then provide the username and password that you have got from the ISP. Next, follow the steps underneath.
- First, under the section ‘PPPoE Internet Connection Type:’, select the option ‘Dynamic IP’ for the label ‘Address Mode. This should be done if there is no IP address.
- Lastly, you can now click on the button ‘Save Settings’.
Configure the Router with the PPTP Connection
This configuration settings for the D-Link cloud router 2000 will be totally the same as the one in the PPPoE connection. So, in order to look into the procedures please go to the previous point.
Configure your Router via the Static IP
Within the section ‘Internet Connection Type’, just beside the label ‘My Internet Connection is:’, select the option ‘Static IP’ from the drop-down menu. To understand the process of these settings follows the steps below.
- Under the section ‘Static IP Address Internet Connection Type:’, type the whole ‘IP Address’, ‘Subnet Mask’, ‘Primary and Secondary DNS Servers’ etc.
- All these credentials will be provided to you by the ISP. So, put them accordingly.
- Once all the inputs are entered, click on the button ‘Save Settings’.
Connect a Modem with the Router
- Make a connection of the internet port to the LAN port of the router. Next. connect the PC with the LAN port of the modem.
- After that power on the modem.
Restart Both the Router and Modem
- First, switch off the modem and unplug its power cable.
- Next, turn off the router and remove its power cord.
- Now, remove all the internet connection and LAN wires from these devices.
- After that, wait for thirty seconds or more, then plug in all the wires back in their place.
- Turn on the modem at first, then switch on the router. Now, wait for these two devices to initialize and make sure that all the necessary LED’s are illuminating.
- At last, check if you can able to connect to the internet or not.
Steps to Setup Wireless Connection
- In the ‘Setup’ page, choose the option ‘Wireless Settings’. After that, go to the section ‘Manual Wireless Network Setup’ and then, select the button ‘Manual Wireless Connection Setup’
For 2.4 GHz devices follow these steps:
- In the section ‘Wireless Network Settings’ the ‘Wireless Band’ will be set to 2.4 GHz Band for 2.4 GHz devices.
- Put a tick mark on the option ‘Enable Wireless’. After that, you can give a name for your wireless network.
- Choose the option ‘Mixed 802.11n, 802.11g, and 802.11b’ for the label ‘802.11 Mode’
- For the label ‘Enable Auto Channel Scan’, give a checkmark.
- At last, according to your wish, you can set the ‘Visibility Status’ to either ‘Visible’ or ‘Invisible.
For 5GHz devices follow these steps:
- All the sub-steps on the previous points will be the same for the 5GHz band so follow these steps accordingly.
- But for the band 5GHz the ‘802.11 Mode’ will be ‘Mixed 802.11 ac’
In this article, you got the guidance on the setup procedure of the D-Link cloud router 2000. If you are facing any kind of difficulty in following the steps as explained above, then do not worry. Post the problem you have on the comment section below.