D-link AC 1200 Wi-Fi router is one of the most popular routers all over the world. It has amazing features owing to which most of the router users are using this product from D-Link. It can be used to build a secure home network for all of your wireless and wired devices. Moreover, it allows you to share the internet connection with any connected device. Many users want to know the D-link AC 1200 Wi-Fi router setup procedure on their system. If you are also a D-link user and want to know the setup procedure, then go through this article. In this guide, you will get to know the easy and quick steps to set up this router to your system.
D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router Setup with Simple Steps
If you want to know the D-Link AC1200 WI-Fi router setup to your device, then you need to follow the steps which are mentioned below.
Step 1 – Connecting the Hardware
Firstly, you have to make the connections with the modem and the device. This router can come packed with a modem. So, follow these steps to make the necessary connections:
- At first, unplug the modem. Before attaching the modem to the router, you need to turn off the power button on the modem. If you do not power off the button, then disconnect the power cable from the back of the modem.
- Take two Ethernet cables for the setup process. During the setup process, you will require one cable to connect the router to the modem. You also need one more cable to connect the router to your computer. After setting up, you can connect your computer wirelessly if there is a wireless network adapter installed on your PC.
- Next, you need to connect the modem to the WAN port on the router.
- Then you need to connect the LAN ports to your computer’s Ethernet port.
- After connecting this, turn on the modem and wait for a few seconds to boot up.
- Then, turn on the router.
- Next, switch on your system and then check whether every light is on or off.
Step 2 – Accessing the Router
After making all the connections you need to access the router website page on your system. To do so:
- First, turn on the system.
- Then, open a browser of your choice.
- In the browser window, type 192.168.0.1 on the address bar and then hit the Enter button. Now you should see the D-link official login page.
- In that page, put ‘Admin’ without the quotes, in the username field and leave the password field blank.
- Then click on the Login option. This is the default login information of your router.
Step 3 – Performing First-Time Setup
After accessing your D-Link router you need to set it up on your system. To do so:
- In the login page, you can go to the Setup section.
- In the Setup tab, click on the Setup Wizard option.
- Next, click on the “Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard” option. Now you will find the setup process for your router’s internet connection and administrator account has started.
- Then, click on the Next option
- In the next window, you can create a new administrator password. Put the new password in both Password and Verify Password field. Then click on the Next option.
- Next, you can select your timezone.
- Then choose the network connection type.
- After doing this, click on the Connect option to save this information.
- Then examine the connection.
Step 4 – Creating the Wireless Network
Once the setup process is done, now you are up for creating the wireless network. To do this:
- Login to your router by entering the username and password.
- When the D-Link setup page opens, navigate to the Setup tab.
- In the Setup section, click on the Wireless settings in the left side panel.
- In the Wireless settings window, mark the Enable Wireless option.
- Put the name in the Wireless network name.
- Then select the WPA2 in the Security mode.
- Next, create the password.
- Click on the Save Settings option.
- After that, connect your device with the correct password.
We hope, now you can understand the D-Link AC 1200 Wi-Fi router setup process on your system. Follow these steps one-by-one to set it up on your system. Even after performing all the steps, if you still can not set it up, then you can consult with an expert.