If you are using the Firefox browser, then you are likely to get an error message stating critical Firefox update. This error message appears when you are using adult-themed websites. Beware of this message because it is fake and does not click on any of the button present underneath the message box. So, today we are going to discuss Firefox critical update and respective solutions for such an update.
More About Critical Firefox Update Error
Critical Firefox update virus error message is primarily a malvertising campaign. This campaign was started by KovCoreG group. It is a type of malware that shows deceptive ads and software bundles to anyone who clicks on the malicious link. This malware has been targetting the users who are primarily using the Firefox browser. As soon as you enter the adult website, you will receive fake alerts and messages about the urgent installation of a software. The software can be any antivirus which is fake and instead collects data from the user. It can also install dubious software on your desktop and get set to harm your system files remotely.
Besides, the virus can also alter the registry and execute PowerShell commands. This campaign can also hijack your mouse-clicks and install a malicious application on your device.
How To Solve Critical Firefox Update?
You can solve the problem by following some easy steps which are present down below.
Method 1: Avoid Deceptive Ads
This malware spreads through the adult websites. So, the users are requested to stop clicking on fake web pages and avoid using them. Remember that the legitimate websites do not just pop up on the browser.
Method 2: Use An Antivirus
If the virus enters your machine, then never hesitate to scan your machine using an antivirus. A good antivirus can easily detect the trojan and can quarantine the same in an instant. Regular scanning of your system is essential to avoid any contact with such malware.
Method 3: Use Safe Mode With Networking
Below are some steps that will aid you in restarting your machine in Safe Mode.
- Hit the Power button that is present on the Windows login screen. Next, hold the Shift from your keypad and tap on the Restart button.
- Navigate to the Troubleshoot and then select Advanced options. Under the Advanced options, choose Startup Settings. In the end, press Restart.
- As soon as your system becomes active, press Enable Safe Mode with Networking from the Startup Settings Window.
Method 4: System Restore
- Hit the Power button which is present in the Windows login screen. Then press and hold the Shift button from the keypad and click on the Restart button.
- Next, select the Troubleshoot menu. Under Troubleshoot you will find Advanced options. Then, you have to click on Startup Settings. Finally hit Restart.
- As soon as your system becomes active, you must press the Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Settings window.
- Now you need to restore the system files and settings. When the Command Prompt opens up, type cd restore and then hit Enter.
- Next, type rstrui.exe and next press Enter. When a new Window appears, click on the Next button and choose a file where you want to restore the point when your machine was working fine. Select the option Next.
- Finally, select Yes on the System Restore pop-up to begin system restore.
In this way, you can eliminate the error message Firefox critical update. You can share this article and also comment below if you are facing any issues.