Firefox is the most popular of the free and open source web browsers that was first introduced by the Mozilla foundation. The numerous features offered by this browser makes it the most preferred choice of the users across the globe. Despite the unmatched features and functionalities, it also develops errors that are quite complex to resolve. Among all the error that occurs on Firefox, virus attacks are the most annoying one. Critical Firefox update is a virus that appears as a pop up on your browser. This generally appears during visiting adult entertainment website prompting you to download the updates. And if you download any update, then you might get the malware affected on your computer. Therefore, you should be very careful while dealing with this error. In this article, we are going to discuss all the possible solution to eliminate this error successfully.
Easy Steps To Eliminate Critical Firefox Update Virus:
Firefox critical update is a fake update alert that allows you to install a malware in your computer. Kindly note, that Firefox updates are done automatically and not manually. Therefore, if you click Yes on the suggested update, then you will install a malware which can cause serious damage to your system. Therefore, it is always wise to take preventive measures and remove the error as soon as possible. If you are not aware of how to fix critical Firefox update, then try the simple steps that are given below:
Solution 1: Uninstall Critical Firefox Update Virus And Related Programs
To uninstall the virus on Windows, at first right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. A quick access menu will appear on your screen. From there, select the Control Panel option. Now, choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
In the case of MacOS, at the top left of the screen, click on the Go button. Now, select the application tab. Look for Critical Firefox Update virus after selecting the application option. Now right click on every entry, and select Move to Trash option. Lastly, select the empty trash option.
Solution 2: Delete Critical Firefox Update Virus From Your Browsers
In order to terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer, do the following:
- Hit the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and remove all the suspicious software entries
- Leave the window
Reset your browser with the following steps:
- Click the Gear icon and go to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and tap the reset button
- Choose Delete personal settings
- Pick Reset one more time
- Tap Close and leave your browser
Steps to erase the virus from Google Chrome:
- Access menu option and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions
- By clicking the Trash bin next to them, eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list
- If you are not sure about which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Methods to remove the virus from Mozilla Firefox:
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and tab the Add-ons button
- Now, move to Extensions and Add-ons list
- Uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
- Reset your browser with the following procedure:
- Open the menu and press the Help button
- Select Troubleshooting Information
- Press Refresh Firefox
- Click Refresh Firefox once more form the confirmation box
The above steps can effectively help you eliminate the virus and make your Firefox run smoothly. If you are still facing struggle while doing the steps, please do post comments below.