Canon MX922 printer can print all the document wirelessly, using the in-built WiFi adapter and also via traditional methods. When you don’t have the wireless connectivity, then there is no possibility to print any document wirelessly. Thus, you will be forced to use the printer via a USB cable connected to the PC. There is another way to wirelessly print any document i.e by using the ‘bluetooth’ connection. But, since no Bluetooth adapter is present within the Canon MX922 printer, therefore you have to get the adapter, and then print the document. Now, the Bluetooth adapter should installed in a proper pathway in order to use it. So, this article will provide guidance on the process of Canon MX922 Printer Bluetooth Setup. Proceed to the next section to set up the Bluetooth on the Canon printer.
Ways to Setup Bluetooth on the Canon MX922 Printer
In this section, you will get the Canon MX922 printer Bluetooth setup guidance.
Insert the Bluetooth Adapter into the Printer
Follow the steps to insert the Bluetooth adapter:
- First, switch on the printer.
- After that, input the Bluetooth adapter into the USB port present on the front panel of the printer.
- Now, open the cap of the adapter and attempt to attach the Bluetooth device. Once you do this, then a message will be shown on the LCD display.
Steps to Install the MP Drivers
Now, you have to install the MP Drivers to proceed with the setup process.
- First, turn off the printer. For that, tap on the ‘On/ Off’ switch. Then, be sure every LED’s present on the operation panel is not illuminating.
- Now, start the computer. Next, insert the setup CD that came with the printer, into the drive.
- The CD will then execute automatically and the ‘AutoPlay’ window will come up. When this window appears, just tap on the option ‘Run Msetup4.exe’.
- If a window with the heading ‘User Account Control’ comes up then, tap on the button ‘Continue’.
- The main menu window will now show up. In that window, choose the option ‘Easy Install’.
- Once you do this a new window with the heading ‘Easy Install’ will show up. On that window, you will see the list of programs available, choose the programs that you want to install and at last tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- After that, on the next page, you can read the ‘End User License Agreement’ and click on the ‘Agree’ button.
- Now, connect the printer to your computer via a USB cable and switch it on. After that the ‘Copy’ button on the printer will flashlight for a few seconds, then it will become solid. This means that the application is able to identify the printer that is connected to the PC.
- When the setup for the MP driver is over, then you will get the window with the heading ‘Setup Complete’. After that, tap on the button ‘Next’.
- The next window that will appear is the ‘User Registration’ window, simply click ‘Cancel’ to register the device later. Then ‘PIXMA Extended Survey Program’ window will appear, if you want this program then hit the ‘Agree’ button, otherwise, click the button ‘Do not agree’.
- Finally, when the overall installation of MP drivers is complete, just tap on the ‘Exit’ button.
Setting the Bluetooth Functionality on the Printer
Here, at this point, you need to know how to set up the Bluetooth functionality on the Canon printer, and the guidelines are provided underneath.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth adapter is inserted into the printer and it is switched on.
- After that, from the Operations panel within the printer, choose the option ‘Press Setup’. Then, by using the right arrow key choose the option ‘Device Settings’. Next, tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, press the down arrow key and choose the option ‘Bluetooth settings’ and hit the button ‘OK’.
- Within the ‘Bluetooth settings’ screen, choose the option ‘Select device name’. After that, in the new window, you can choose the name of your device from the list.
- Once the name of the printer is checked, just hit the button ‘OK’.
Procedure to Register the Printer
In order to identify the Canon printer as a Bluetooth device, you will have to register it with the Windows Operating System. Here, the steps for the registration process is given specifically for Windows 7.
- First, hit the ‘Start’ button, then on the right side of the menu, locate and choose the option ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Then, the ‘Control Panel’ window will open up.
- Within this window, find and then, choose the category ‘Hardware and Sound’. After that, from the next window, select the option ‘Bluetooth Device’.
- Next, from the new window choose the option ‘Add a Bluetooth Device’.
- When the previous option is chosen, then a new window will come up with the name ‘Pair with a wireless device’. In this window the OS will automatically look for the printer, if the device is found then, that will be shown on the list.
- From the list, choose the device name and then, tap on the button ‘Next’. Now, in the next window ‘Pair with a wireless device’, choose the option ‘Pair without using a code. Now, tap on the button ‘Next’.
- When the process of pairing is ongoing, then you will see a message ‘Connecting with this device’ will be displayed. Once the registration is complete the message ‘This device has been successfully added to this computer’ will come up.
- At last, tap the ‘Close’ button.
Removal Procedure of the Registered Printer
In Canon MX922 printer Bluetooth setup guidance process, you will also get the procedure on how to remove the printer that is registered to the computer as a Bluetooth device. Even, to register the printer once again, you will have to delete the device. For that, follow these steps beneath.
- First, press the combination of Windows and R keys simultaneously to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Once the dialog box opens up, then type the command “control panel” and then, tap on the ‘Enter’ key. This will open up the ‘Control Panel’ window.
- Once you are in the window ‘Control Panel’, then go to the category ‘Hardware and Sound’. Next, from the new page, choose the option ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now, from the window that appears, choose the icon with the name of the Canon printer.
- At last, choose the option ‘Remove device’. This will delete the Canon MX922 printer from your PC.
Detach the Bluetooth Adapter from the Printer
There may arise certain situations where you need to detach the Bluetooth adapter and connect it again. These points will give you the detailed steps on how to remove the Bluetooth adapter from the printer.
- First, simply eject the Bluetooth adapter from the USB port of your printer. Before, you remove the adapter, check whether the light is on or not. When there is no light illuminating on the adapter then only, remove it otherwise not.
- Replace the cap and keep it in a safe place. Lastly, follow the steps as mentioned previously, in this article, to re-connect the Bluetooth adapter.
This article provides elaborate steps on the process of Canon MX922 Printer Bluetooth Setup in a very simple and compact way as possible. Now, even after following all the points on the above-mentioned section, if you cannot set up the printer, then post the query in the comment section below.