The scanner is one of the most useful devices in the modern office environment. It offers the ease of use and meets your diverse work requirements. Since a lot of manufacturers offer printers that come with in-built scanners, people can operate the device more conveniently even at home. In this context, Canon mp495 scanner is the ultimate choice to fulfill your requirements. Equipped with high-quality print resolutions and built-in wireless connectivity, Canon offers the ultimate scanning functions. So, it becomes essential to learn the process of Canon mp495 scanner setup to derive the best results. Follow this guide and you will find necessary instructions which will surely help you to set up your scanner with ease.
Simplest Ways to Setup Canon mp495 Scanner:
More often, in your Canon scanner, you will find few access points referred to as routers or hubs. It features an automatic connection named as WPS which stands for Wifi Protected Setup. This facilitates your device to connect to the network without entering a password. This is a quick and convenient way of connecting all your devices. So, if your access point incorporates a WPS button, select it and follow the instructions in order to connect your device. However, if your device fails to support the WPS connection, we have listed a few alternative workarounds to connect Canon mp495 scanner. Therefore, go ahead and select the Standard Connection Method tab. Read on and try the methods one-by-one to perform Canon mp495 scanner setup.
Method 1: Use WPS Connection to Set Up your Scanner
Before you begin with the process, you need to consider a few factors to use the WPS push button. Take a glance:
- Check the access point whether a WPS push button is physically present. You need to cross-check with the user manual for further details.
- Next, your network must be operating on WPA or WPA 2 security protocols. Most of the access points with WPS prefer to use this protocol.
Now, to begin the process, apply the steps thoroughly:
- Make sure that you have turned on your device. If the power is on, you will find the LED light flashing.
- Now, press and hold the Maintenance button which is present on the device for about 5 seconds. Ensure that the LED light flashes at this time.
- In the next step, you need to press the Fit to page button respectively. Once the LED light starts to blink, press the WPS button on your access point for some time.
- When it gets connected to the wireless connection, the LED light blinks for a few seconds. Now, change it to ‘1’ and make sure that the Wifi lamp present on the scanner also lits.
Network Settings Confirmation
Now, in order to confirm that your device is connected to the wireless network successfully, you can check the network settings of your machine. To do so,
- Ensure that your machine is turned on.
- Now, load a plain sheet of paper with A4 size.
- In the next step, you need to press the Maintenance button repeatedly until the LED flashes. Now, press either the Color or the Black button.
- While considering the printout, check whether the Link status is active. Also, examine whether the SSID indicates the correct name of the wireless network.
With these simple steps, we come to the final conclusion of the WPS setup process. Now, you need to consider the most compatible software to make the most out of your Canon mp495 Scanner. However, if you find this method difficult to execute, go to the next solution.
Method 2: Set up your Scanner via Standard USB Connection
The previous method may look a bit complicated if you are not technically sound. In that case, you can try out this solution which will make your work simpler. Apply the steps that are listed below:
- At first, insert the CD that comes along with your printer and then tries to run the setup. If you are a Windows user and when you find “Setup CD-ROM” fails to perform the autorun, insert the CD-ROM back in your system. Click on My Computer and select it. If you are a Windows 8 user, click on Canon_IJ.
- Once the selected windows appear, double click on [MSETUP4.EXE]). If your product lacks the installation CD, you can always download the manual by selecting your product from the available scanner models.
- When the previous screen opens, click on the option Next.
- Now, click on Wireless Connection. At this stage, make sure that your printer is turned on and subsequently click on Next.
- Once you are done with the above steps, click on the Connect to a Network option.
- Press the Maintenance button and hold it till the LED light flashes.
- Subsequently, click on Next. Here, a screen will appear in front of you and then you need to click on the option which says ‘Wireless Setup Using the USB Cable’.
- Lastly, choose your preferred language and region. Then, click on the Next option.
These are proven steps that will help you to carry out a Canon mp495 scanner setup effectively. Try all of them and it will benefit you for sure.
Now, you can set up your Canon scanner without much effort by following this user guide. If you fail to understand any method or want some more clarification regarding any step, do write us back in the comment section box. We will try to answer all your doubts and guide you best with the Canon mp495 scanner setup process.