Canon MG3500 Printer Setup Guide will allow you to use your Canon printer wirelessly. If you have bought a new Canon MG3500 printer, you need to set it up as fast as possible. Moreover, you have to set up the printer over the Wi-fi, if you want to print documents, photos, and texts from email, or any other platforms. If you perform the setup incorrectly, you might encounter some problems like spooler issue, paper jam, etc. In this article, you will find the complete solutions of this Canon MG3500 setup process and you will get an idea on how to set up the Canon printers without any hassle. So, you can go through this article to enjoy a hassle-free printing session.
Easy Process: Canon MG3500 Printer Setup on a Wireless Network
Don’t panic, if you do not have enough technical knowledge about the setup process for your Canon printer. Just follow the below guidelines to set up your printer properly.
Before Set Up
First, you have to check the wireless network settings of the router. Now, note down the following network settings which you will require later:
- Network key – Encryption key, security key, password
- Network name – SSID, ESSID
The accurate way to check the Network Key and the Network Name
- Check the side or the base of the access point or the router.
- Go through the documentation which is provided with the router.
Check whether your device supports IEEE 802 .11n/2.4 GHz), or IEEE 802.11 g IEEE 802 .11b. Verify if your device is set to the mode “IEEE 802 .11n”, WEP or TKIP is used as a security protocol.
After noting down this information, set up your Canon printer following the methods given below.
Setup Canon MG3500 using WPS
After you note down the required information, for the wireless network settings, just follow the guidelines one by one as instructed below:
- First of all, create and check that the button on the access point is ready.
- Then, press and hold down the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the result color become orange, lights flashes and alarm rings once. Now, release the Wi-Fi button after the flashing ends.
- Make sure that the blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes and the green power light are lit, then press and hold the button on the access point for 2 minutes.
- Establish that the blue Wi-Fi light and the green power lights are turned on.
If an orange alarm light is lit, then the setup process will get complete successfully.
Setup Using the WPS (PIN code)
To set up with the WPS pin code, just apply the given steps one by one and do it successfully on your own.
- At first, hold down the Stop button on your printer until the orange light flashes, and the Alarm rings for 15 times.
- Then, release the Stop button after the fifteenth flash of the wireless connection settings information which includes printing the PIN code.
- After that, go to the Settings page and enter the WPS PIN code that is described in the Network Configuration page.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to continue the device setup.
- Then, hold down the stop button on the printer until the orange alarm light blinks for 16 times.
- Now, release the Stop button after the sixteenth flash.
- Make sure that the blue Wi-Fi light on the printer is lit.
Now, check the settings of the access point, and then configure the settings WPS (PIN code) again. An error code may also appear when setup the wireless connection is not completed within about 10 minutes after releasing the Stop button. So, you need to activate the network devices routers, if the network device is already enabled. Then, disable it, and turn it back on.
Cableless Connection through Setup
To perform cableless connection through setup, follow the guidelines carefully.
- Press the Wi-Fi on the printer until the Alarm lamp ‘orange’ blinks approximately 2 times. then release the button after flashing the second Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi light is flashing and a blue and green power light is turned on.
- Now, go back to the application and continue the setup procedure. Generally, cableless setup may take some time and the configuration could be temporarily unavailable during the setup process due to an unstable internet connection. But, you must keep trying till you are able to establish a cableless connection.
Download and Install the Canon Printer Software
After you set up your printer successfully, then you need to install the software for performing a printing session. To download and install such software, you need to go through the below guidelines:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Canon printer.
- Now, go to the Download section.
- You will find the ‘Full Driver & Software’ Package. Just download this package.
- On the download page, you will find all the installation guide for your printer.
Now, the whole setup process is completed. You can enjoy a hassle-free printing session after installing these drivers.
After buying the Canon printer, the first thing you have to know is the Canon MG3500 printer setup guide. If you can’t set up your Canon printer properly, then you can’t print anything. We hope that you can successfully set up your printer by following this article. If you are still facing some problems during the setup, then you can seek expert advice.