The PIXMA MG2920 is a wireless Inkjet All-In-One photo printing machine from Canon, which allows copying, scanning, and printing from any corner of the house. It offers a maximum color resolution for the printouts, which you can generate the printer by connecting to any mobile device. This Canon printing device includes amazing features from PPS (PIXMA Printing Solutions). So, if you are looking for step-by-step guidance on doing the Canon MG2920 printer wireless setup, keep reading this article.
Here, you will get to know the technical specifications of this All-In-One photo printer and details on the installation process along with the steps. It will also discuss a few prerequisites and connection method before proceeding for the Canon printer setup.
Information to Follow while doing Canon MG2920 Printer Wireless Setup
In order to carry out Canon MG2920 printer wireless setup successfully, you must pay attention to some important points. So, let’s have a look at the prerequisite connection process before discussing the printer installation in details.
On your wireless printer, you will get some buttons labeled as WPS, which refers to Wi-FI Protected Setup. Using this feature, you can easily connect your printer to the nearest home network without typing the password every time.
Before connecting your printer using the WPS push button method, you need to confirm certain things about the access point. So, verify whether the connecting device has a physical WPS push button or it will require the standard connection method.
Also, you need to see if your network is enabled with WiFi Protected Access (WPA) or WPA2 security protocols.
Steps to Establish WPS Connection Before Canon 2920 Printer Setup
If you want to do the Canon 2920 printer setup with the WPS connection process, try the following steps:
- Your first task is to confirm whether the Canon printer is turned on and don’t have any technical error. Then, you need to press and hold the appropriate button for enabling WiFi on your printing machine. You will get to know its on when the alarm lamp will flash once.
- Next, wait for the lamp to flash blue, which is present next to the WiFi button. Then hit the WPS switch within the next two minutes or follow instructions on user manual to turn it on.
- If you observe the WiFi lamp (blue) on your printer is flashing non-stop, it’s busy searching for a suitable wireless network nearby. Once, it successfully establishes a connection and ready to go online, the lamp will stop flashing. After this, you need to follow the standard instructions for initiating the Canon MG2920 printer wireless setup.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Perform Canon 2920 Printer Setup
So, if you want to install Canon MG2920 printer to your computer, laptop or any other wireless-enabled device, apply the following steps. For those who are using Windows and want to do the setup, you can use the installation CD/DVD for Canon 2920 printer. Insert the disc into your system and run the installer program to initiate the process. In case, you don’t have the installation media for the setup, you can visit Canon’s official site. This applies even if you are installing the printer on some other version of OS.
Try These Steps to Setup Canon MG2920
- As you insert the CD/DVD or run the setup software in your Windows-based PC, a screen will appear for PIXMA MG2920 printer series. Then, hit the ‘Next’ button to proceed with the on-screen instructions to install the Canon printer. However, if you are trying to do the setup on operating systems other than Windows, you can use Install Helper software.
- So, as you click on the ‘Next’ tab on the initial window, a new screen will appear for 1-1 connection method selection. Here, you will be asked whether you want to connect your Canon 2920 printer to the PC via USB or wireless connection.
- As you have already come across the steps regarding the WPS connection method in this article. It is recommended to choose the tab for ‘Wireless Connection’ in order to proceed with the Canon MG2920 printer wireless setup.
- After this, you need to click on the tab for ‘Connect to the network’ and then apply the instructions for ‘Cableless setup’. On seeing the screen for ‘Connection via Cableless setup’, you will have to hold down the button for WiFi. You need to keep holding it until you see the orange alarm lamp starts flashing twice and then release the switch.
- Next, if you observe that the WiFi lamp (blue) is flashing quickly and also the Power lamp (green) is turning solid, hit the ‘Next’ button. However, remember that the network connection will remain unavailable during this setup process.
Note: If you are trying to apply this step on Windows XP, it may not allow for cableless installation. So, in this particular Windows OS, you need to hit the tab for ‘Other setup’ to proceed with printer installation. Otherwise, you can select the tab for ‘Wireless setup using USB cable’ for doing the Canon MG2920 printer wireless setup.
Important Points Regarding Canon Printer Setup Wizard
- While following the on-screen instructions for the installation, you will have to enter your geographic region. After selecting your location, click on the ‘Next’ button and then hit it again on entering your place of residence.
- In the next step, you will have to go through the software installation list and choose the desired programs. After clicking on the software you wish to install, hit the ‘Next’ tab for starting the installation process. In case, you aren’t aware of the programs to install, it’s not an issue. You can always modify this list and uninstall the software not required for Canon MG2920 setup.
- Next, you will have to confirm the end user license agreement for Canon 2920 printer setup by clicking ‘Yes’. Then the screen will display the instructions for step 2, which involves ‘Allow Install Wizard Processes’. There are two more steps including ‘System File Update’ and ‘IJ Printer Driver’, which you need to go through.
- Once you finish the above steps, the wizard will complete the setup process for your Canon printer. You will receive the installation success notification in the form of a ‘Setup Completion’ window. This screen will then display the model of your Canon printer along with the SSID of the wireless network. Once you click on the tab for ‘Complete’, it will conclude the final cableless setup for the printer on Windows.
How to Resolve Problems During Canon MG2920 Printer Wireless Setup?
As reported by many users, you can experience certain technical issues while working with the Canon 2920 printer setup. So, in order to resolve these errors and complete the installation successfully, you can try the following fixes. However, before you go through any of these steps, try to manual restore point for your Windows.
Switch off Printer
Check if your Canon printer is connected to the PC via USB when you are facing problems with the installation. If this case, you need to turn off your printer immediately.
Fix USB Issue
There can be hardware issues with the USB port, which in turn can prevent users to do the printer setup. Hence, you can remove the USB connection and choose another method for the install process.
Delete Corrupted Files
While downloading and running self-extracting files of Canon drivers, it can create a temporary folder. This folder usually starts with the alphabet ‘W’ and you can locate it under Users\account name\AppData\Local\Temp on Windows. If this folder is corrupted somehow, it can cause installation error with Canon printers. Hence, you need to uninstall the problematic setup file or remove this folder before reinstalling your printer.
On some computers and laptops, you will find the DrvSetup folder for Canon MG2920 printer. Inside this folder, search for the file names DelDrv and remove it. If you can successfully uninstall this file, go to C:\Windows\Twain_32 and check for the folder for MG2920/MG2900. Further, you can look for file ‘wiatwain.ds’ and remove it to resolve the problem with the setup of the Canon MG2920 printer.
For more updates on Canon MG2920 printer wireless setup or to troubleshoot technical issues, you can follow similar articles. To receive installation tips for Canon MG2920, you can consult a printer technician for technical assistance.