If you get an error message like ‘Cannot connect to Norton server’, while activating any Norton product, then there must be a web browser issue. The problem may appear due to incomplete download of Norton antivirus software, and there are several reasons behind the issue. If you are dealing with this kind of issue, then here are the solution for you. Go through the entire article to know the easy tricks to resolve the issue.
Easy Solutions to Fix the Problem with Norton Server
Here, we are going to present some of the easy and efficient solutions that can help you to fix the problem with Norton unable to connect to the server. Follow the steps which are written in the mentioned below and fix the issue on your own.
For Windows 10 Users
If you are Windows 10 users then, you should follow the steps which are described in the undermentioned part of the article.
Method 1: Restart the computer
You can get rid of the problem by restarting the system. To do it, at first, you need to exit from all of the programs which you are using. Then, click on the Start option which is located on the bottom left corner of the system. Then, go to the Power option and click on the Restart option to restart your computer. And, check if the Norton unable to connect to server problem is resolved or not.
Method 2: Reset the Default Web browser
If you failed to do the previously discussed method then, you should try to reset your Default Web browser. Here, are the steps that can help you to do it.
- At first, go to the Start menu which is located in the bottom of the left side on your device. Then, click on the Settings option and select the System option.
- Then, go to the Default apps.
- After that, navigate under the Web Browser section and choose your preferred web browser and set it as default.
- Once you have done with all the steps, now activate the Norton product and see the result.
For Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP Users
If you are using any version of Windows other than Windows 10, then the following steps will help you to fix the problem with Norton activation error.
Method 1: Restart the computer
You can fix the problem by restarting your computer. If you want to do it, then you have to exit from all of the programs which are presently running in your computer. Thereafter, go to the Start menu and click on the arrow key, which you can see just after the Shut Down option. Then, click on the Restart button. After, completing the restarting procedure check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 2: Change the Default Web Browser
You can also get rid of the situation by changing the default web browser. If the steps to do it is unknown to you then, you may follow the steps which are present below.
- At first, press the Windows and R keys both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Thereafter, type ‘Control’ in the appearing dialog box, and then hit the Enter button from the keyboard.
- If the ‘User Account Control’ window appears on the screen, then you have to click on the Continue option.
- Then, go to the Control Panel window which is located near the ‘View by’ option. After that, click on the Category option which you can find from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the Programs option from the Control Panel window.
- Furthermore, choose your preferred browser which you can find under the Programs sections of the ‘Set your default programs’ window. Then, click on the ‘Set this program as default’ option. And then, click the OK button and finish your task. And, check if the problem with the Norton server error persists or not.
Hope, this article has helped you to fix the problem with cannot connect to Norton server. If there are any queries, then share it in the box below. You can give us your feedback on the comment section.