Brother printer MFC-j480dw is one of the best printers used widely all over the world. These printers are commonly used both in workplaces and at home. This printer design is very attractive and has amazing features. With the help of the printer, you can easily print your documents, files and more. While the printer in the box contains everything, you need to install a printer driver on your computer for using it seamlessly. Most of the users have bought this product but they do not know the Brother printer MFC-j480dw setup process. Are you one of them? Then this article will help you to solve your problem. Here we have shared the setup process of this printer. After doing these steps, you can easily set up your printer.
Step-by-Step to Complete the Brother Printer MFC-j480dw Setup Process
Now, we have provided the Brother printer MFC-j480dw setup process, so that you can easily set up it. Let’s have a look at the section below:
Hardware Setup of Brother Printer MFC-j480dw
In this section, we are going to discuss the hardware setup of Brother printer MFC-j480. Follow the steps given below:
Step 1 – Load the Plain Paper
Firstly, you need to pull the paper tray completely out of the printer. Then, you have to launch the cover of the output paper tray. After that, fan the paper well and load it in the tray and adjust it. After adjusting the paper, slide this in and then lock the tray down close and slowly insert the tray into the printer.
Step 2 – Connect the Telephone Line Code
After setting the plain paper, you need to attach the telephone line code to the printer. If you are using the fax feature, connect the telephone line. Then, you have to locate the line socket in the back of the printer and connect the telephone line code. After that, plug the telephone line code into a wall socket.
Step 3 – Connect the Power Code
After connecting the telephone line code in the printer, you need to connect the power code. Plug the power code into a standard grounded AC outlet. Then, you can see that the machine will power on automatically.
Step 4 – Install the Starter Ink Cartridges
Four starter ink cartridges are there such as black, yellow, cyan and magenta. Firstly, cut up in these starter ink cartridges packages. Then, you can see the orange protective part, remove it which tells you which ink to put into the printer. So, just move the green tab and it will punch a hole in the ink and it will be ready to be pushed into the machine. Do the same thing with the rest of the three starter ink cartridges and then install it.
Step 5 – Machine Settings
When the initial cleaning process has completed, follow the on-screen directions to configure the machine settings.
- Check the print quality
- Set date and time.
- Set Firmware update
Software Setup of Brother MFC-j480dw Printer
After setting up the hardware part of Brother MFC-j480dw printer, you have to set up the hardware part. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1 – Before Configuring the Wireless Settings
Before configuring the wireless settings, you need to know the wireless settings of your router. You will need to gather some information about your wireless network in order to connect your machine. You will need to know the SSID or Network Name of your router and also should know your Network Key or password. The default settings for your router can be found on the back side of the router. If your SSID or Network key contains both uppercase and lowercase letters be sure to record them.
Step 2 – Connect the Printer to the Wi-Fi
Now you have to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi. Follow the below directions to do so:
- Begin by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then, you can see the printer LCD is on and a menu list will open up.
- Select the Setup Wizard from the options list and press the OK option.
- When Enable WLAN? Option occurs, press the OK option. This will start the wireless setup wizard
- Select the SSID or Network Name and press the OK option.
- Then, put the Network Key by using the keypad and then press the OK option.
- When prompted to apply settings, press the Yes option. Now it is connected properly. To print from your computer, install the software and press the OK option.
Step 3 – Install the Driver into Computer
Insert the installation disk or download the full driver and software package from the official website of Brother printer.
- Then, navigate to the installer file and double click on it to begin the installation.
- When the device installation window opens, choose your language and click on the Next option.
- Mark the ‘ I accept the license agreement’ and then click on the Next option.
- Select the Wireless network connection and click on the Next option.
- Select the Brother MFC-j480dw machine from the list and click on the Next option.
- Next, select the Standard Installation and click on the Next button.
- In the next window, click on the Install button.
- Once it is installed, click on the Next option.
- Click on the Next button.
- In the Brother printing device installation window, click on the Brother Registration to register your machine.
- Put the information and click on the Finish option. Now, you can start printing from your Brother printer MFC-j480dw.
Hopefully, this article will sort out your problem of Brother printer MFC-j480dw setup. Perform the above-mentioned instructions carefully to set up your printer. However, if you face ever any further problem, then you can take expert help to resolve this and set up your Brother printer without any hassle.