Brother HL-L2380DW printer is a device that prints document in monochrome. This laser printer has the capability to scan, photocopy and print and can print up to 250 pages at one go. Even using both the wired and wireless internet connection, you can able to use this device to print something. Despite, all these features and capabilities that this printer has, you might get stuck during the setup process of this device. So, for that, you require the knowledge of Brother printer HL-L2380DW setup.
If your Brother HL-L2380DW printer is new, then it will be beneficial to know some basic procedures of the setup process. Moreover, if you want to reset your Brother printer, then also the understanding of this process will be helpful. In the next section, you will get the complete solution to reset your Brother printer, so follow this article.
Look at the Effective Brother Printer HL-L2380DW Setup Solutions:
In this section of the article, you will get enough points that will help you in performing Brother HL-L2380DW printer set up.
Locate the Network Wireless Settings
You need to know and take note of the wireless network settings of the router, before initiating the setup process of the printer. In order to do this correctly, follow the steps underneath.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows + S’ to open the Search box. After that, type “Control panel” in it and hit the ‘Enter’ key. Now, from the search results, choose the option ‘Control Panel’. This will open a new window with the same name as the chosen option.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window, locate and choose the category ‘Network and Internet’.
- Next, within a new page of this window, choose the first option that says ‘Networking and Sharing Center’.
- In the new window that comes up, go to the section ‘View your active networks’. After that, on the right side of this section, choose the link of the current network beside the label ‘Connections:’.
- Next, you will find that a new dialog box with the name ‘Wi-Fi Status’ comes up. Go to the section ‘Connection’ in it. Under this section, hit the button ‘Wireless Properties’. This will show up another new dialog box.
- On this dialog box, tap on the ‘Connection’ tab and take note of the following things ‘Name:’, ‘SSID:’.
- After that, select the tab ‘Security’ and find the label ‘Network security key’. This label has the password of the wireless connection, so you need to take note of it and put the check mark on the option ‘Show characters’.
- Once the note is taken, untick that option. Click on the ‘OK’ option.
Perform these Steps to Setup the Brother HL-L2380DW Printer:
After you have correctly located the network wireless settings, you need to perform the Brother printer HL-L2380DW setup by following the steps described below:
- First, plug in the power cord on the wall socket and switch on your Brother printer.
- Next, go to the Operation panel, tap on the ‘Menu’ button. After that, on the LCD screen of the printer, use the ‘arrow’ buttons to choose an option ‘All Settings’.
- When the list of options of the ‘All Settings’ shows up on the screen, select ‘Network’. Next, from the new set of options that comes up on that screen, choose the option ‘WLAN’. After that, select the ‘Setup Wizard’.
- Now, if either any of these following options come up – ‘Enable WLAN?’, ‘Switch Network interface to wireless?’, ‘Network I/F switched to Wireless’. Then, simply activate the network. Once this is done, then setup wizard for the wireless connection will initiate.
- At this moment, the printer will look for the network available within a list. From that list, choose the name of your network. In order to select the correct network, refer to the note where you have written the name.
- When you have chosen the network, then tap on ‘OK’.
- Type the password of your network and then hit the ‘OK’ button to connect it. Next, to apply the settings of this network, click on the ‘Yes’ button
- Finally, in the LCD screen, once the network gets established, you will get a message ‘Connected’.
Install Driver Software for the Printer via CD
As soon as you have set up your Brother printer, you need to install the driver software for the printer. At this point, you need to install the driver software for the Brother printer from the CD that came with this device. The process to do so are mentioned below.
- First, locate the driver CD and insert the disc driver of the computer.
- Due to the ‘AutoPlay’ feature, the CD will start to run and open the driver installer software.
- Once the installer software comes on your computer screen, then follow the information on it and choose your preferred location.
- After that, install the driver software for your printer.
- At last, once the installation gets completed, then restart your system. When the computer boots up, try to print a document via your printer to check its functionality.
Download and Install the Driver Software Via Internet
This is an alternative way to install the driver for the printer, so follow the steps beneath to install the driver software via the internet.
- First, open the web browser and visit the official website of Brother.
- After that, within that browser, look for the driver of your printer. Then, from the output of the search, choose the accurate driver software and download the setup file.
- Once the download process gets over, execute the setup program and follow the instructions that come up on the screen to install the driver.
- When the installation of the driver software gets completed, just reboot the system.
In the previous section of this article, you get the Brother printer HL-L2380DW setup process in an elaborate form. If after following all the steps you cannot set up the printer correctly, then do not worry. Take the help from the professionals to set up and configure your Brother printer properly.