Brother printers come with easy-to-use features which make these printers versatile and the most favored choice for users all over the globe. However, you have to set up the printer over the Wi-fi, if you want to print some photos and texts from email, Facebook or other platforms. After a successful Brother LC61 printer setup, you may even start using it wirelessly. If you are facing problems while setting up your Brother printer, then you need to follow the guideline attentively, as provided in this article. Here, we are going to provide some useful steps for setting up your Brother LC61 printer. Hence, you need to go through the below guidelines for successful setup of Brother LC61 printer.
Effective Way to Perform the Brother LC61 Printer Setup
Don’t panic if you have no technical knowledge about the set up of your Brother printer. Because this setup process is relatively simple. To run the Brother LC61 printer and to print the documents successfully, you need to perform the Brother LC61 printer setup properly and attentively. To perform an error-free setup, you need to follow the steps as provided below:
First, you have to check the wireless network settings of your router. Now, note down the following network settings which you will require later:
- Network key – Encryption key, security key, password
- Network name – SSID, ESSID
The Accurate way to Check the Network Key and the Network Name
- Check the side or the base of the access point or the router.
- Go through the documentation which is provided with your router.
After noting down this information, perform the Brother LC61 printer setup by following the methods given below.
Set up Brother Printer on a Wireless Network
After you have written down the required information from the wireless network settings, just follow the guidelines one by one as instructed below:
- First of all, connect the power cable of your Brother printer with a power source.
- Then, turn on your printer.
- Now, you have to go to the control panel.
- After that, select the Menu option.
- Now, use the up arrow key and down arrow key to select the Network and press OK.
- In the same way, choose the WLAN and select the OK option.
- Now, choose the Setup Wizard by pressing the up and down arrow key and choose OK.
- When the message ‘WLAN Enable?’ appears on the screen, just click on yes to enable the network. This will help you to invoke the wireless setup wizard.
- Now, wait for some time, because the machine will automatically search for the available networks. After some time, the available networks are displayed on the screen.
- When the list appears, select the exact SSID that you noted down before by pressing the arrow key. Now, press the OK button.
- Now, perform one of the following:
If you use an encryption and authentication method:
- First, enter the network key.
- Then, choose OK to make the change in the settings.
- Click on Yes to apply these settings.
If your encryption mode is none and you use an open system authentication method:
You have to do nothing then. Your printer is automatically connected to the Wi-Fi network which you have chosen.
- You can see a message like ‘Connected printing’ when your Brother printer connects successfully.
- At last, the printer will print a report of the wireless connection with which you connect your printer.
Download and Install the Brother Printer Software
After you set up your printer successfully, you need to install the software for performing a printing session. To download and install such software, you need to go through these below guidelines:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Brother printer.
- Now, go to the Download section.
- You will find the ‘Full Driver & Software’ package. Just download this package.
- On the download page, you will find the installation guide for your Brother printer.
Now, the whole setup process is completed. You can enjoy a hassle-free printing session after installing these drivers. If the network connection setup is successful, then you will be able to see the wireless icon at the upper-right corner of the display screen of the printer.
After buying the Brother LC61 printer, the first thing you have to know is the Brother LC61 printer setup. If you can’t set up your Brother printer properly, then you can’t print anything. We hope, you can successfully set up your printer by following this article. If you are still encountering some problems during the setup process, then you can state that in the comment box below.