Brother HL-L2340DW compact laser printer provides good text quality as well as high printing speed. This is an ideal choice for the home offices and the small offices. Big organizations are getting attracted to this Brother printer model for its efficiency and superb performance. However, if you do not configure this laser printer properly, then you might face some drawbacks, such as poor graphics quality and small display. You can quickly resolve this issue if you know the proper setup procedure of this Brother printer model.
Therefore, if you want to know the proper Brother HL-l2340DW compact laser printer setup procedure, then you have visited on the right page. In the rest of the article, we have come with some practical steps, which will surely help you in the setup procedure.
Before you begin
Before going to the setup procedure, some basic things that you should keep in mind. Such as:
- You should have a good internet connection
- Active Ethernet connection
- Ethernet cable
- SSID or network name
Now, have a look at the remaining part and get all your Brother HL-l2340DW compact laser printer setup queries resolved
Perform Brother HL-l2340DW Compact Laser Printer Setup with some Effective Steps:
In case you have already installed this Brother printer, then we suggest you uninstall this HL- l2340DW Brother printer from your device by using the following steps.
- In the beginning, you have to choose the ‘Print & Scan’ option from the Hardware section of the System Preference. Now, a full list of printer drivers will appear on your computer’s screen,
- Now, you have click on the printer that you want to remove.
Once you have done with that, then you are ready to configure Brother HL-l2340DW compact laser printer on your system.
Reset the Network Card
At first, you have to restore the network settings to the factory default settings. For this, you need to follow the steps which are given below.
- In the beginning, you have to turn off your machine
- After that, you have to hold down the Go button and turn on the machine
- You need to hold the Go button until the LED’s are on.
- Now, you should release the GO button and the LED lights are off.
- Then, press the Go button six times and after that, your system’s network card will be reset.
Thereafter, move on to the next step.
Assign an IP Address to the Printer
In this step, you have to allow an IP address for the Brother HL-l2340DW compact laser printer. For assigning an IP address to the printer, you have to go through the undermentioned steps.
- At first, you need to make a temporary connection with the Ethernet cable
- You should remove the protective cap from the Ethernet port which might be located on the back side of this Brother printer.
- Now, you should connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the Ethernet port on the back side of the Brother printer
- Next, you should wait for at least one minute. Then you should print the Network Configuration report to confirm that your Brother printer has got an IP address. For printing the Network Configuration report, you have to press the Go button three times, within two seconds. After that, the printing report will appear on your screen which also includes the Network Configuration.
Setup the Wireless Card in the Brother HL-l2340DW Compact Laser Printer
Once you have successfully done with the above two steps, then you have to configure the wireless card inside the Brother printer. To apply this step, take a look below.
- At first, you have to open a web browser on your machine.
- Then, enter the IP address which you got from the Network Configuration report and press the Enter button. Now, the Brother web management page will pop up on your screen.
- After that, you should select the Network Configuration which is located on the top right corner of the page. It will lead you to a new page where you have to enter the username and password
- The username should be ‘admin’ and the password will be ‘access.’ After that, hit the OK button.
- In the next page, you should tap on the Configure Wireless button.
- After that, you have to select Infrastructure for the Communication Mode.
- Now, tap on the Browse option which is located next to Wireless Network Name (SSID).
- You have to choose the Network name from the SSID and click on the OK button
- Then, you have to choose the Authentication Method as well as the Encryption Method
- Now, you need to enter the Network Key and after that, click on the Submit button which is located at the bottom.
- Thereafter, you have to disconnect the Ethernet cable from your Brother machine
- Wait for 1 to 2 minutes and then you can choose to print the Network Configuration report to make sure that the Brother printer gets a valid IP address from the router.
Now, check whether the IP address is valid or not.
If yes, then your system is successfully connected with the network. Now you can install the printer driver and after that Brother HL-l2340DW compact laser printer setup procedure will get successfully completed.
What if you Fail?
If you are unable to perform the Brother HL-l2340DW compact laser printer setup procedure or fail to set up, then here are some things that you need to check.
- You should check the wireless security system of the network. They might be entered incorrectly.
- Ensure that the router is not configured to use WPA2-PSK with TKIP.
- Verify if the DHCP is enabled or not. If not, then you should enable it, so that it will automatically assign an IP address to this Brother Printer
- In case, you use the Mac address filtering, then just make sure that it allows the Brother printer to communicate.
- Now, you need to verify the wireless security system of your router’s. Sometimes this can create trouble for you.
- Sometimes, there can be a problem occurs with your router. In such cases, you have to hold down the power button of your router to reestablish the connection. Alternatively, you can hold down the power button of your router for 10 to 15 seconds and then turn on your router.
- Once the router is on, then wait for five minutes and try to print the Network Configuration report.
But if it still fails, then again go to step one and repeat the process.
Hope, with the help of the above steps, you can quickly run the BrotherHLl-l2340DW compact laser printer setup process on your own. However, if you have a lack of technical knowledge, then we recommend you not to waste your valuable time and contact an expert to get prominent solutions on this.