Bitdefender is a security application that is currently one of the most popular among several users. This software has many kinds of features and services, for which it has got a lot of attention from many users. Despite having so many features within this security software, even then you can get various kinds of errors. One such issue that you can face is the Bitdefender threat scanner error message.
This error occurs if the Bitdefender software is updated recently and during the startup of the computer. Due to a variety of reasons you may encounter this error in the first place. Some of those cases are when there is file ‘ThreatScanner.dmp’, that fails to load. Further, if some program files of this application get corrupted somehow, then there is a possibility to face this issue. This article will help you out to resolve the problem at the earliest.
Methods to Resolve Bitdefender Threat Scanner Error
In this section of the article, you will get various solutions that help to eradicate this error efficiently and quickly.
Delete the ‘Temporary’ Folder
When the file ‘Threat Scanner.dmp’ becomes corrupt, then you can encounter the Bitdefender threat scanner error. The solution to solve this problem is to remove all the content within this ‘temp’ folder. Follow these steps below:
- First, press the combination of both ‘Windows + R’ keys simultaneously to open a new dialogue box called ‘Run’.
- Within this dialogue box, type the following text – “temp” on the blank space beside the label ‘Open:’. Next, tap on the ‘OK’ button. This will launch a new folder window, that has a name ‘Temp’.
- To select all the contents within the ‘Temp’ folder, tap on the buttons ‘Ctrl + A’. After that, tap the ‘Delete’ key on the keyboard to get rid of all the files within this folder.
- During the deletion process, if there is any interruption for a specific file, then forcefully close that process from the ‘Task Manager’.
- Next, once again open the ‘Run’ dialogue box and in it enter the text “%temp%” within the empty space, and then tap on the ‘Enter’ key. This will launch the ‘Temporary folder’ specific present within the user account.
- Now, choose all the files within this folder and clear them. Once everything is over reboot the machine and see if this problem reappears or not.
Reconfigure the Corrupted Files
When the program files of the Bitdefender security application become corrupt somehow, then you can encounter this problem. The easiest solution to rectify this error is to fix those problematic files. In order to do that, follow the steps present underneath.
- First, press the ‘File Explorer’ folder, located just beside the ‘Windows’ logo. This will open a new window, that contains various directories like ‘Desktop’, ‘Documents’, etc.
- Go to the address section within this window and type the following path inside it “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2”.
- After that, in this window, you will get a list of files for the folder ‘Spybot – Search & Destroy 2’. From that list, locate and then choose a file which a name ‘SDAV.dll’.
- Now, right-click on that file and then from the popup menu, select the ‘Properties’ option. As soon as you do this, then a new window ‘SDAV.dll Properties’ will come up.
- Within this window, tap on the tab ‘General’ and inspect the ‘Size:’ of this file. If the size is ‘32KB’, then it is alright. If not, then visit the official website of Bitdefender and download this distinct file.
- When the download is complete, then ‘cut’ and ‘paste’ the ‘SDAV.dll’ file within the folder ‘Spybot – Search and Destroy 2’.
- This procedure will replace the corrupt ‘.dll’ file with the correct one.
- Finally, when everything is complete then restart the computer and inspect if this problem reappears or not.
Execute a Patch File
;If you note a problem has occurred in Bitdefender threat scanner, then the easiest solution to rid of this problem is to download a patch file from the official website and then run it. Here, try these below-mentioned steps.
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows’ logo. This will open the popup ‘Menu’, where choose the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
- In this dialogue box, type the text “winver” beside the label ‘Open:’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- This will launch a dialogue box with a name ‘About Windows’, locate the version of the Windows OS installed on your computer.
- Next, open a web browser and visit the official website of the Bitdefender software. Within this website look for the latest ‘Patch’ file specific to the Windows version and architecture of the computer and download it.
- When the download is over, then double-click on the ‘Patch’ file to execute it.
- On the execution of the patch is over, then restart the computer and see if this error is resolved or not.
Install the Bitdefender Application Once Again
If all the above methods are unable to correct this error, then the best solution is to delete and then reinstall the Bitdefender security software. For that to happen, follow these lines mentioned beneath.
- First, tap on the ‘Cortana’ present just beside the ‘Windows’ logo. This will launch the search blank area. Within this area, type the text “control panel”. From the search result, choose the option ‘Control Panel’. This opens a new window, where you will get a list of computer settings in different categories, that can be altered.
- Now, from the list choose the category ‘Programs’. This will open a new page within this window, in it select the option ‘Programs and Features’.
- Next, another new page will come up, where you will get all the applications installed in the computer on a list.
- Then, from that list, locate and choose the ‘Bitdefender’ software and right-click on it. After that, from the popup menu select the option ‘Uninstall’ to remove this application.
- When the ‘Uninstaller’ module comes up, then follow the instructions on the screen and accordingly delete this software. Once the deletion process of this software is complete, then restart the computer.
- After that, visit the official website the security software within a web browser. Then, download the latest setup file of the Bitdefender application.
- When the download process of the setup file is complete, then run that file and install the software accordingly on the computer.
When you follow each step on the previous section minutely, then the Bitdefender threat scanner error can easily be resolved. But, if even after following all the steps on the above section still, you are unable to correct this error, then do not worry at all. Only, provide detailed information about the query that you have encountered in the comment section below.