The Belkin router carries forward its legacy of magnificent performance and forward-looking technology that offers the enhanced ability and gives you the maximum speed and coverage you need for surfing. It allows you wireless connection services with a speed of 108 Mbps. It is imperative to set up the router at the very first place before you start accessing the internet services. Several users suffer trouble while setting up their Belkin router 460 setup, as they haven’t proper information about that. So, if you are unable to set up your Belkin’s router and wondering for decent guidance to troubleshoot that, then this is the perfect spot you have landed on. In this content, we will explore all the initial preparations and all the suitable methods to set up your Belkin’s router 460 in the soonest way.
How to Setup a Belkin Router 460?
Following are some of the troubleshooting steps to set up your Belkin’s router in the simplest manner. We recommend you to go through all the methods in a serial wise for a complete installation:
Step 1: Install the Belkin’s Application Software before inserting the Card
- At first, unbox the Belkin router from the package and then insert the Installation Software CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Now, click on the Install button when the Belkin Setup utility screen appears on your computer’s screen. If the wireless Belkin’s setup screen does not appear on the screen then you can double-click the CD-ROM manually and open the file.
- See the file name as “Setup.exe”, click on that file and then click on the Next button to install the software file.
- Now, select an installation location and then, click on Browse to Accept the default location and click Next.
- Select a different location and click on Next and then you might see a screen similar to this one which says “this does not mean there is a problem”. Follow the on-screen instructions and then click on Continue anyway to complete the process 1.
Step 2: Insert the Belkin’s Card into your Computer
- When the computer says to remove the installation CD, simply press the CD-Rom button and remove the installation CD.
- Now, shut down the computer and remove the power and then, remove the screws behind your computer case.
- Remove the cover and touch any metal part of that case to discharge the static electricity. This process allows you to avoid damage to the product or your computer.
- Now, locate an empty PCI expansion slot that is usually in white color and confirm the card will fit into that slot.
- Remove the metal bracket cover from the back of your computer and place the screws in a safe place to attach the card to the computer later.
- Force the card securely into the PCI slot and apply weight as needed until the connector is completely seated.
- Now, grasp the card with that screws and turn the antenna until it is perpendicular and facing up.
- Replace the computer’s cover and reconnect the power cord to turn on the computer back.
- Now, your computer will say “New Hardware Wizard Found” and then select Install the software automatically and click Next to install the hardware.
- Click on Finish and then on Exit once the hardware (Belkin’s card) installation completes.
Step 3: Connect the Belkin’s Router to a suitable Network using the Wireless Network Utility
- At first, double-click on the signal indicator from the icon that is located in the lower-right corner of your computer’s screen and then brings up the wireless network utility from the system tray.
- Now, click on the Available Networks from the utility tab and then, select a suitable network to connect to the internet services.
- Click on Connect and then click on the Signal Indicator to exit the utility which is red in color on the top of the window.
- If the connection indicated the green color, then the Belkin card is connected to the wireless network and then click Finish to exit the setup.
Restart both computer and the Belkin router once the installation and the setup process completes.
Step 4: Setting up Wireless Network Profiles
Setting up the wireless network profiles allows you the different wireless networks without having to reconfigure your connection. Following are some steps below to do so.
- First, click on the Profiles tab and then click on the Add to open a new profile screen.
- Type a name for the network profile and then, click on Next to continue.
- In the next screen, you can see the network type where you can set the data rate as per your choice. Click on the Next button after making the selections and then, click on OK and then Apply to save the changes.
- Now, select the Authentication Mode to Off and then click the Complete button to input the security encryption settings and then, click on Continue.
- At last, click on Connect once you have completed all these steps and then start your internet surfing.
If you found any trouble while connecting to the internet then, there might be some connection error. In this case, you need to check the internet connection or change the server settings. Following are some of the steps below to do so.
Connecting your Belkin’s router Wireless network using WPA-PSK (No Server)
Before you are connecting the wireless network using WPA-PSK, you must select an Available network tab from the profile tab. Following are some of the steps below to do so.
- At first, select a WPA-PSK network from the Authentication Mode drop-down box and then choose either TKIP or AES from the Input Method drop-down menu.
- Click Next to continue and then, enter the Encryption Key in the KeyBox and click on Complete.
- Save the security settings and highlight the profile name and then click on Connect to the Server to finish the process.
Summing It Up
Following are the most effective steps and methods to pursue a complete setup for your Belkin’s router installation. You must seek all the raised steps to complete the task. Hope the article was effective enough to support you on “how to perform a Belkin router 460 setup?” In case you found, you spotted any trouble or you are unable to set up your router to the internet server, then there might be an unusual technical fault with the router or any other hardware issues. In that case, strongly you can consult with a technical expert or take guidance from the service center. At last, revert to us with a comment below and let us comprehend about your experience.