In this ever-growing world of digitization, the importance of routers can’t be denied. With companies manufacturing advanced routers with varied specifications, their set up is much more streamlined over the years. Belkin AC1200 Dual Band AC Wireless Router has gained a competitive advantage by offering a new level of trust, speed and extended coverage for all your Wifi devices. No matter how much effective your router is, if you don’t know the setup process, you won’t get the best out of your router. In this context, we will walk you through the simplest ways regarding Belkin AC1200 Dual Band AC Wireless Router setup. Follow our instructions very carefully and you will surely get benefitted in the setting up your Belkin router.
Smart Hacks to Set up Belkin AC1200 Dual Band AC Wireless Router:
The setting up of Belkin AC1200 Dual Band AC Wireless Router is not a big deal if you apply all the steps, without skipping any. Take a quick glance to know the procedure in details:
The initial setup regarding where to place your router
If you want to get the best results, you can place your router next to the modem in an open area. Remember there should be no metal objects or magnets as you can find in speakers. If you raise the router above the floor level, that will definitely improve the signal strength of your wireless connection.
Process 1: Connect your AC1200 DB Router
To begin with the elaborated discussion regarding setting up your Belkin router, you need to understand and then apply the steps one-by-one.
- At first, turn off the modem by disconnecting it from the power source. Some models come with a battery backup facility, however, you need to disconnect it this time. Next, connect the router to the modem using the cable which is already attached.
- In the next step, charge your modem by plugging it to a power source. If your modem comes with a battery backup facility, you can reconnect it this time. Hold and press the reset button for 10 seconds.
- You will find the network ID at the foot of your Belkin router. Here, you need to retrieve it. If you are unable to find the card, the default password along with the network name is also printed at the foot of the router. You can use your system, smartphone or any other device to connect to the particular wireless network as shown on the network ID card.
- Once you complete the process, it will request you to enter the password or the security key that is provided on the card itself.
- Lastly, when your device connects to the router, use a browser. You will see the homepage of the router in front of you.
These are the basic steps to connect your device to the router. The solutions are indeed handy, so you can definitely try it on your own. However, if you wish to use the WPS button for Belkin AC1200 Dual Band AC Wireless Router setup, you can do that as well. So, take a quick glimpse below to know the procedure of setting up the Belkin router via a WPS button.
Process 2: Try Using a WPS Button
To begin with, start the WPS Push Button Connection located on your computer or in any other Wifi device to which you wish to connect your router. In most of the cases, there will be a button present in the software that comes along with the device. In addition, you will also find a physical WPS or a Security button present on the device itself.
Now, within a minute or two, go ahead and press the WPS button present on your router. Hold it for about 2 seconds.
Once you execute the process, you will find the WPS button will start blinking with a blue light while it tries to locate the Wifi device. Once a connection is successfully established, the light will again turn blue and will disappear eventually. However, if it fails to establish a secure connection, the light will turn amber. Here, you might require to repeat the process once again.
When the optional software is finally installed, click on the option that says ‘Thanks, take me to the dashboard’. Now, you will finally land into the router’s homepage. This time the router is all set and ready to work!
These are some handy steps that we have cited to ease you with the process of Belkin AC1200 Dual Band AC Wireless Router setup. The steps are simple and don’t require any detailed technical knowledge. If you follow each and every one of them very minutely, then you can easily set up your Belkin router on your own. However, if you fail to understand any process or need additional assistance, stay connected to our future posts.