Asus is one of the biggest tech giants in our professional and technical market when it comes to manufacturing the best-in-class quality of modems or routers. Asus manufactures both the wireless and wired routers and the installation process of both the device is quite simple.
If you have just purchased a brand new Asus router or if you want to reconfigure the old device and unaware of how to go about doing this, don’t worry. Here in this guide, we are going to cover everything you need to know to configure the Asus router. This guide also includes the configuration process of the Asus router and how to signing into it.
Asus Router Login Admin Page
It is essential to know how to access the Admin portal of the Asus router. The login page lets you configure and control the Asus router. Every router’s settings, control, and function can be manipulated and upgraded through this page. So, it is an important part of configuring the router.
When users become able to open the login admin page, they become familiar with the network settings and hardware. But if you are a non-tech savvy person, then this procedure might be a bit confusing for you. But, nothing to get worried about this. You can have a quick look at the below steps to log into the admin page of the router:
- First of all, you have to set up the hardware of the router by connecting your computer or laptop to the router.
- Confirm that all the cables are in their appropriate place and there are no problems with the cable.
- Now, you can follow the instruction manual provided with the router if you are not sure about the cables.
- Now, turn both the devices on.
- Open your preferred browser on your computer and click on the address bar. Then, type “http://192.168.1.1.”
- Afterward, hit the Enter key from the keyboard to open the login page of the router.
- Provide the login credentials and tap on the Submit button.
Now, you will be able to access the Admin Panel of your Asus router.
Configuring Asus Router Process:
After accessing the login page of your Asus router, you can configure the device by following the steps mentioned below:
- After entering the correct login credentials, it will navigate you to the set-up page of the router.
- Go to the Advanced Settings Menu from the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Administration option from that menu. It will open the Operations tab.
- Search for the Repeater option and click on the Save button.
- On the next page, you will different Networks option.
- Submit the Network key and then click on the Connect button.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Use Default Settings’ option to extend the chosen network.
- Lastly, tap the Apply button to save the recent changes.
How to Setup the Asus Router?
After configuring the Asus router, you have to set up the device. You can do this by following the steps below:
- In the beginning, you have to log into the router and it will navigate you to the admin page of the router.
- Tap on the ‘Advanced Settings’ button from the left pane of the screen. Then, search for the WAN option from the next page and click on it.
- Once it opens the WAN-connection page, navigate to the ‘WAN Connection Type’ section.
- Click on the Yes button to enable options like UPnP, NAT, and WAN.
- Now, you have to configure the WAN settings as per your requirements.
- Afterward, streamline the DNS settings and go to the Account section. Now, enter the login credentials of the router.
- Lastly, tap the Apply button to save the changes.
How to Change the Password in your Asus Router?
As the login page of the router holds vital information about the router and it allows you to change the network settings, it is essential to keep it secure.
There are other IP addresses that you can try like 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1 in case you are trying other brands routers.
By retaining the default login credentials, you can recover the password easily. Hence, you have to confirm that the password is strong enough to protect the device and to enhance the security levels. You can have a quick look at the below steps to change the password from the default settings:
- First, log into the router by following the steps mentioned earlier.
- Afterward, go to the Administration section and click on the ‘Wireless Settings’ option.
- Next, navigate to the SSID tab on the next page and click on the ‘Wi-Fi band’ option.
- Now, you have to choose the ‘Password protection type’ and then enter the new password.
- Afterward, enter the password once again and tap on the Save button to change the password. (Or if you prefer, you can also get the help of the online password generator in case you can’t come up with a good one.)
[Note: If you are using a router that has only one band, then you can skip the ‘Wi-Fi Band’ choosing in Step 3 and perform the rest. ]
Troubleshoot Asus Router Login:
To troubleshoot the Asus router, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First of all, connect an Ethernet cable with the WAN port of the router. Usually, the WAN port is colored differently, it makes easy to identify the port.
- Now, connect one of the four LAN ports with the computer using a LAN cable. To check the default IP address of the router, you need to hit the combination of the R and Win key.
- Afterward, type “ipconfig” in the input field and click on the OK button.
- If you forget the password, you can reset the device to its factory default settings. To perform the resettings process, press the Reset button located near the charging port and hold it for at least 12-14 seconds.
- After resettings the device, the login credentials will back into the default settings. You can use this while logging in and while changing the password.
- To check the login details, you can check the backside of the device and its box.
- By configuring the router, you can configure both the Wi-Fi and the Internet. You have to use the network from mobile devices and computers.
- Internet configuration deals with setting up the PPPoE network and will let you to the browser by connecting with the router.
- By configuring the Wi-Fi, you will be able to connect the router easily. It includes setting up the wireless name and SSID.
- Default login credentials for the Asus router is “admin/admin.”
These are the complete procedures for Asus router login.