Apex Legends is the battle royale game which helps to invest quality time to its players. However, there are a few drawbacks which many of the “Apex Legends” players are facing. “Apex Legends crashing” issue is one of them. If you are facing the crashing problem of the Apex Legends, then you can read this article, till the end. Hopefully, after studying this article you can gather effective methods with the help of which you will be able to fix the problem efficiently. So, check this article out further.
Probable Causes of the Apex Legends Crashing Issue
Apex Legends is a well-known and one of the most played battle games around the globe. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in the month of February of 2019. However, if you are getting the “Apex Legends crashing” issue while going to use the application or in the middle of playing the game, then, you probably want to know the cause for this. If this is the case, then follow the points below. These below are the list of assuming causes which result in the crashing problem in Apex Legends:
- Corrupt Easyanticheat Service: Easyanticheat service is known to restrict the players from using hacks or modifications to the games. If the file of the Easyanticheat gets corrupted or damaged then this will be the cause results in the Apex Legends crashing error. To learn the steps of how to fix this error, you need to continue this article.
- Missing Apex Legends Files: A virus attack or any changes with the computer can affect the Apex Legends battle game badly and thus, may result in such an error. You will be able to fix this problem with the application of the methods which are explained below. So, check them out.
- Graphics Card Drivers: If the graphics card installed on your device is an outdated one, then you just need to update it, which may fix the problem. As Apex Legends is one of the latest games, it needs the updated graphics driver to run errorless.
Whatever be causing the error but solving it with the appropriate methods will be an important task for you, according to which you may be searching for. The section of the article which follows next covers all the methods with which you will be able to fix the matter.
Methods to Fix the “Apex Legends Keeps Crashing” Glitch
Now finally, you have reached the solution part of the “Apex Legends crashing” error. So, let’s check the methods.
Before you start with all these below-explained methods, it is better to run a virus scan, which can affect in a positive sense to fix the issue. Windows Defender, the default security tool is also very effective in performing the virus scan. Here, from the upcoming part of the articles, you can learn the complete steps of “how to scan your PC using the Windows Defender tool?’ Once the virus scanning is done successfully, check if the issue gets sorted.
Scan your PC using Windows Defender
These below are the steps to follow to run virus scanning using the Windows Defender tool:
- Navigate the mouse pointer onto the Windows logo, which is at the extreme below left-hand side corner.
- After that, from the menu window, select the Settings option.
- Next, find the “Update & Security” option, and click on it.
- Then, from the left-hand side panel select “Windows Defender”.
- After that, from the right-hand side of the window, click on the “Open Windows Defender Security Center” button.
- Next, from the right-hand panel of the Windows Defender window, select the “Advanced scan” link, which is present below the “Scan now” button.
- Now, under the Advanced scan window, enable the check-box for “Full”.
- After that, click on “Scan now”, to start the virus scan.
Once the scanning is done, close the Windows Defender window and then, check if the issue gets resolved. And if not, then continue with these below methods, that is the core methods to fix the “Apex Legend crashing” error.
Method 1: Repair Easyanticheat Service
Let’s start with repairing the EasyAntiCheat service method to resolve the Apex Legends crashing issue. And the steps you need to follow to do this method are as below:
- At first, press both the Windows and the letter “E” key at a time to open up the FIle Explorer window.
- Next, under the File Explorer window, double-click on the C:\ drive, to open.
- After that, from here get the folder named as “Program Files (x86)” and double-click on it to open.
- Then, follow the path: Origin> Apex Legends> EasyAntiCheat.
- Now, under the EasyAntiCheat folder, find the file named as “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe”, and double-click on it to open.
- After that, from the Easyanticheat Service Setup window, set the Apex Legends on the option box.
- Next, click on the “Repair Service” button.
- Then, wait until the repair is done and the Finish option under the Repair window gets active.
- Click on “Finish”.
- Now, try to launch the Apex Legends game to check if the issue gets resolved.
Method 2: Run System File Checker to Fix the Apex Legends Crashing Issue
This is another and one of the most effective ways to solve the “Apex Legends crashing” error. To run this method, you need to continue with these steps below:
- At first, press down the Windows button to get the search bar active.
- Then, on the search bar type “cmd”, without quotations as given here.
Note: Here, we use quotations to help you to identify the text, which you just need to type on the search bar.
- And then from the search result, right-click on the cmd or Command Prompt option, which is most probably the top-most option.
- Next, from the menu window, select “Run as administrator”.
- Now, as you get the Administrator: Command Prompt window open, type the command on it as stated below.
- sfc \scannow
Note: Keep a space between sfc and \scannow as given here.
- Then, press down the Enter key, to execute.
- Now, you will see that the scanning process is running in percentage. Wait, until the scanning is loaded to 100 percent.
- Next, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window.
- After that, check if this method effects to solve the issue, by launching the Apex Legends game.
Method 3: Update your Graphics Card Drivers
“Apex Legends” is a new generation game as per requirements for it, you need to use the updated Graphics Card Drivers. However, if you are a user of old GCD, then this can be the reason for you are facing the Apex Legends crashing issue. In this criteria to solve the problem you need to follow up these steps below, that is the process of how to update Graphics Card Drivers (GCD).
For Nvidia Users:
These below are the steps to follow to update graphics card driver to fix the crashing issue with the Apex Legends:
- Firstly, press down the Windows button to get the Search bar active.
- After that, on the search bar type “Geforce Experience”.
- Next, click on the topmost search result, that is, “Geforce Experience”.
- After that, from the open window, click on the “Apex Legends” option from the available menu.
- Then, sign in to your Apex Legends Account.
- After that, from the top left-hand corner, click on the “Drivers” tab. By doing this, at the right-hand side of the window, you will see the “Check for Updates” button, click on it to continue the process.
- Next, wait until the online search is done. If an update is available then, you will get the “Download” button at the right-hand of the window, click on it.
- Now as the graphics driver gets download successfully, you will get two different options under the open window, those are as follows: Express and Custom. Among these two installation options, click on “Express”, this will automatically install the driver.
- As the Installation is successfully done, restart your computer and then check if you are facing the crashing issue with the Apex Legends game or not. Hopefully, No, and if yes, then, continue with the next method.
For AMD Users:
If you are the AMD driver user, then you need to follow these steps to update the graphics card drivers:
- First, you need to right-click on an empty space on the desktop screen.
- After that, select the “AMD Radeon Settings” option from the menu window.
- Next, under Settings click on the “Update” tab, which is present at the below left-hand side corner.
- Then, on the right-hand side of the window, you will get an option as “Check for Updates”, click on it.
- Now, wait until you get a result to this search. If any updates are available, then, you will get a new option will appear on the screen.
- Click on the option. After that, select Update.
- Next, after a few seconds, once the AMD installer gets prepared, you will get the Upgrade option window open. Click on “Upgrade”.
- As the upgrade gets prepared, you will get many options with checkboxes, activate all of them. And then, click on install.
- Once the installation is done successfully, you get the success message on the screen.
- After that, close all the open window and restart your PC. Then, launch the game to check if the “Apex Legends crashing” issue gets resolved.
Method 4: Disable your Antivirus tool
Sometimes, it is found that the antivirus software is the main culprit causing the different issues at a time, like slowing down the system performance, Apex Legends gets crashing frequently, and many more. If you are struggling from such issues and finding how to fix it, then you can try to disable the antivirus software at first, to verify if the antivirus software is the culprit. And the steps to do it are as follows. These steps below may not be applicable for your case, depending upon the antivirus tool you are using. However, in most of the antivirus software, these steps below are works. So, check them out.
First of all, you need to navigate the mouse pointer onto the antivirus icon, present on the taskbar panel and then right-click on it. If you do not get the icon on the top of the taskbar panel, you may need to open the taskbar tray, to get it. The upward symboled arrow which is near to the time and date section on the taskbar panel is termed as the taskbar tray.
As you get the right-click on the antivirus icon, a menu window gets open. Take the mouse pointer onto “antivirus shields control”, from the available options.
Then, from the next menu window, select the option for which you want to disable the antivirus icon.
After, you disable the antivirus icon, check if the issue gets solved by launching the Apex Legends battle game. And if Yes, which is you desire then, it is better to uninstall the antivirus in the next step.
And to uninstall the antivirus software you need to follow the steps as stated in the below method.
Method 5: Uninstall the Program which Conflict with the Apex Legends Battle Game
If there is anything wrong with the Apex Legends application like a third-party program gets conflicted with it, then, this will result in such an error. Most commonly there is a chance of this type of error if you have recently installed a program on your device. To solve this problem, you need to uninstall the conflicting software, after which you will get the error resolved:
- At first, you need to open the Run box, by pressing the Windows and the letter “R” key at a time.
- Then, on the Run bar type “control”.
- After that, click on OK or press down the Enter key.
- That is the overall process to get the Control Panel window open.
- Now, check the “View by” section of the Control Panel window, is it set as Category or not. And if it is not, then drop down the menu for “View by” and set it as Category.
- After that, among the available options under the Control Panel window, click on Programs.
- Next, click “Programs and Features”, this will open up a window, in which all the installed programs list are shown.
- Now, from the installed Programs list, search the program which is the culprit, causing the conflicting issue with the Apex Legends game. Then, right-click on the program, and select Uninstall for it.
- Again, click the Uninstall option, on the confirmation window.
- Then, restart your computer and check if the error gets solved.
According to many of the users by deactivating the Origin client, they get the problem solved. And the steps you need to follow to perform this method are as below:
- At first, launch the Origin client and then click on the “Preferences” option under the menu bar.
- After that, from the available tab options at the top portion of the window, select “Origin In-Game”.
- Next, under the Origin In-Game tab window, you will get a section named as “Enable Origin In-Game”, besides that a switch is present. Turn off the switch.
- Once you are done the steps, close the window. And then try to play the game, to ensure that this method works or not to fix the issue.
Method 7: Uninstall and Reinstall Origin
Generally, Origin gets the update automatically. However, if there is any issue regarding this process then this can result in the Apex Legends crashing issue. And to solve the problem, the better way is to uninstall and reinstall the Origin client. And the steps for it are as follows:
- At first, open the Run bar by using the Windows and the letter R key at a time (Win+R).
- Then, on the Run bar, type “appwiz.cpl”, without the quotations.
- After that, click on OK. Alternatively, you can press down the Enter button.
- Then, as all the installed programs list window gets open, search for the Origin client option. Once you get the Origin option, right-click on it and select Uninstall for it.
- Again, click on the Uninstall button on the next window, to confirm.
- After you Uninstall the Origin client, restart your computer.
- Next, open a browser on your PC, after connecting it to the internet.
- Then, go to the download page of Origin and get the latest version, by selecting your OS type.
- After that, go for download. Once the downloading is done, locate the file and install it properly.
- And then, try to use Origin, to play the Apex Legends battle royale game, to check if the issue gets resolved.
All these are the effective methods, with the help of which many of the users were able to fix the Apex Legends crashing issue. Hopefully, after studying this article thoroughly, you will also able to perform the methods to get the problem solved. After which enjoy playing the game at your favorable time. If you have some more query regarding the errors with the Apex Legends, then, you can leave a message accordingly to the comment section given below.